• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] England vs France (Round 5)

Yup Fords kicking out of hand was rubbish, his passing was sublime though. No reason to get on his back too much though we scored 55 points yesterday!

I'm just being overly critical. The atmosphere was amazing, couldn't have asked for anything more.

I just felt ford's kicking was poor and putting a lot of pressure on us. Youngs' display reminded me of how he crashed on to the scene against aus all those years ago.

I feel Watson should take the 23 shirt in the next game and bring in a winger. I even think Ashton may deserve to come back. The way we play and clean breaks we are making is what Ashton thrives on.

If we are going to bring in Ashton we may as well look at Wade . Neither can tackle but Wade can score from anywhere ! I think Wade has improved a lot . Although I think I'd still rather Roko play just because he's defensively sound . How he kept Savea quiet vs NZ was immense imo

george ford little is disappoint kicking very poor hand kick not tee kick to be fair ball in hand running still good like usually but not pull string as good same way usual England France entertaining game wow never seen anything like it some amazing attacking but some very shoddy defend also hard to choose best try so much contender but think youngs after quick throw jj break for me is favourite best but bias because am love so much jj oh also last thing stuart hogg cost england game stupid damn him

Ford's kicking wasn't great, but quite a few of those kicks were rushed because of Youngs' poor service. As I said before, both are brilliant going forward, but both have weaknesses when put under pressure (Youngs service, Ford's size in defence). I think Young's is actually the more serious problem, since it has directly led to tries against us (such as the first try yesterday, and the try that lost us the first All Blacks test last summer. Ford's size might cost us a try from a 5 yard scrum, but then this is the case for a lot of 10s. Anyway, we don't have any decent alternatives at the moment to either Ford or Youngs, so let's just enjoy the ride.

Felt Ford was sitting too flat when kicking.

Agree with everything else you've said.

FFS Mods! Please do something about these bloody trolls! You're letting them troll unopposed and they are ruining this forum.

george ford little is disappoint kicking very poor hand kick not tee kick to be fair ball in hand running still good like usually but not pull string as good same way usual England France entertaining game wow never seen anything like it some amazing attacking but some very shoddy defend also hard to choose best try so much contender but think youngs after quick throw jj break for me is favourite best but bias because am love so much jj oh also last thing stuart hogg cost england game stupid damn him

Have you forgotten how to English? That reads like English isn't your first language now :p

I agree Watson as Fullback, Brown suffered whilst on the wing. I think it is a shame Rokos form plummetted because at his peak, he was exactly what we needed on the wing. Good all round player with no glaring weaknesses. If he recovers that form, I'd take him. Otherwise I'd be up for giving Wade a bash.

What an intelligent and measured response.

You should be embarassed . At no point did I say France didn't score excellent tries as well. I said very reasonably that mistakes gave you the territory to score those tries. Meanwhile, a couple of French scores were excellent tries from English mistakes. Thomas Castaignede said this repeatedly on air. Write to him and tell him to shut up too while you're at it. If you'd read any other of my posts you would have seen that I'm actually quite downbeat about England's progress.

Apologies, was drunk coming back from the pub and read fully wrong your post.

He was, but that's partly because he's used to playing with Cook, who gives him an extra second to get the ball away. Yes, he should have adapted, but then so should have Youngs, instead of giving Ford a hospital pass he should have taken on the responsibility himself.

Have you forgotten how to English? That reads like English isn't your first language now :p

I agree Watson as Fullback, Brown suffered whilst on the wing. I think it is a shame Rokos form plummetted because at his peak, he was exactly what we needed on the wing. Good all round player with no glaring weaknesses. If he recovers that form, I'd take him. Otherwise I'd be up for giving Wade a bash.

Reading that guy's posts had a deep, deep effect on me. But I'm OK now.

Roko's such a damn shame. Has he ever been fully fit since the injury? His complete drop of form in pretty much every department seems to extreme to just be a loss of form, no? If it is, if he's capable of that kind of form drop then it's hard to see England ever trusting him.

I was a bit too drunk and overexcited to pay attention to details towards the end, was Brown moved to Watson's wing and Cips to fullback?

On another note, how good was that lawes hit! My god, never seen something that clean and powerful in a while.

On another note, how good was that lawes hit! My god, never seen something that clean and powerful in a while.

It was insane. How the 10 even got up I do not know. He must have a case of whiplash this morning as he really didn't see it coming and completely folded on impact. Lawes timing was just about right as any later and it would have been a card I imagine!

I must be still trashed. I love reading 'hospital passes'.

What about Lawes doing his Roman Reigns impression ? What a tackle?!!

Our chase from kicks was really poor or the kicks in general were poor. I think we should kick less at the world cup. Territory ping pong is a lottery waiting for the first mistake and we gave France so much ball. Imagine if it was France chasing 20 odd points to win the ***le ?

Ashton calls ? He'll be in the WC squad.

Would of been 55-47 if France got all their kicks.

How about his hit on Russell in the last game? I think Lawes is getting to the point where the opposition fly half knows he is going to be smashed at some point in the game - it must make it really hard to concentrate!

Really disappointed with the loss. It was so heartbreaking to see the first english tries resulting from turnovers and counter attacks when their offensive production was close to zero. Also, not having a half-decent kicker in France is a joke. The game would have been COMPLETELY different if we managed to score more than 0 out of 4 penalties in the 1st half.

We still managed to beat the english in pretty much every single offensive category despite 1. our forwards getting mauled 2. a very poor performance from Plisson (after that Lawes tackle he was too scared to attack the line and play with the ball, you could see he was trying to get rid of the ball asap) and 3. crap lineouts.

Metres run with the ball:
France: 645
England: 460

Passes:
France: 169
England: 130

Possession:
France: 59%
England: 41%

It was a typical France vs England game. England relying on their forwards and counter attacking whenever they manage to turn over the ball while we were making the show for most of the game but we just couldn't finish off the job (and missed a couple of critical tackles.)

Can't wait to see the best NH fly half coming back in our team. I hope that these 5 games made PSA realize that he needs to bring back Francois Trinh-Duc.

I'm salty as ***** right now.

Props to England for their victory though. At the end of the day it's just another rugby game.

Last edited:
Anyone try and Watch the highlights on BBC website ? They don't show Youngs quick line out from the goal line to Joseph for his run that lead up to one of the tries. Grrrr

That was Ford, not Youngs, wasn't it?

Edit: Yep - it was Ford.

Last edited:

Latest posts