• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] England vs France (Round 5)

What an exciting game.
I don't think ben Youngs new who he was until he was subbed off.
He played out of his skin and the French no.9... ummm... who was he?
Honestly, it was like there wasn't one, his concept of tackling isn't one I'm familiar with but Youngs didn't let that put him off his stride, he was rampant and ended up sparking half of the English attacks that came to anything. He was on fire.
Danny who?
Nobody Care?
Courtenay Lawes was a physical presence but on any other day may have found himself in the bin for a late tackle that he may not have been able to pull out of but he certainly had enough time to lessen the impact if he had been thinking straight. That pass was clear and gone before he made contact.
Luckily the Frog 1st 5 wasn't injured.
England's attack was pretty good, but then so was the French.
Neither team seemed very interested in defending effectively and I have to say it was a refreshing situation.
Phillipe St Andre is some way behind Stuart Lancaster in how to coach a team effectively, and yes St Andre has had his charges for considerably less time, one can't help but feel that if he had them for ten years they would still be directionless and poorly organised. Dusatoir is the glue that tries to hold that team together...kind of.
What Wales , England and Ireland showed the world is that France are rubbish at this time.
Hats off to all three winning teams yesterday for attacking with élan.
If nothing else it makes for great viewing and will only grow the game.

Really disappointed with the loss. It was so heartbreaking to see the first english tries resulting from turnovers and counter attacks when their offensive production was close to zero. Also, not having a half-decent kicker in France is a joke. The game would have been COMPLETELY different if we managed to score more than 0 out of 4 penalties in the 1st half.

We still managed to beat the english in pretty much every single offensive category despite 1. our forwards getting mauled 2. a very poor performance from Plisson (after that Lawes tackle he was too scared to attack the line and play with the ball, you could see he was trying to get rid of the ball asap) and 3. crap lineouts.

Metres run with the ball:
France: 645
England: 460

Passes:
France: 169
England: 130

Possession:
France: 59%
England: 41%

It was a typical France vs England game. England relying on their forwards and counter attacking whenever they manage to turn over the ball while we were making the show for most of the game but we just couldn't finish off the job (and missed a couple of critical tackles.)

Can't wait to see the best NH fly half coming back in our team. I hope that these 5 games made PSA realize that he needs to bring back Francois Trinh-Duc.

I'm salty as ***** right now.

Props to England for their victory though. At the end of the day it's just another rugby game.

If trolling, 3/10, could do better. If just bitter, that's a lot of bitterness.

Figures are not lying.

Nice trolling attempt though.

you know the one figure that doesn't lie? The fact that england put 55 points on France whilst having, in your words, 'an offensive production close to zero'. Do enlighten me as to how that occurred.

Figures are not lying.

Nice trolling attempt though.

the only thing those figures show is that France are woefully inefficient with their possesion... they did all that and still came up 20 points short of England.

France played around in their half too much.

They also made a lot of metres as they ran from deep at any opportunity. England kick long and don't have a sufficient chase so you made a lot of metres there.

Would of been 55-47 if France got all their kicks.

Nope. That only applies to the missed conversions, so 55-41.

When a penalty goal attempt is missed, the game restarts in a different place (22m drop out unless it strikes the woodwork or falls short). A successful penalty goal results in a halfway restart. This means the game unfolds differently.

Latest posts