• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] England vs Scotland (Round 4)

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ncurd

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Bath
6Nations.jpg

England.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Scotland.png

England vs Scotland

Date: Sunday, 14 March 2015 - 17:00 WET (UTC+0)
Referee: Romain Poite (FFR)

Thought I'd get this one started as there was a fair bit of team news in regards to injuries for England

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31734770

Last edited:
I'm going for an England win, it's going to be a good game day along with the wal/ire game.

says Ireland vs England mate.

Think England, but it will be very interesting to see how they back up that defeat by Ireland - it will be leaving a very bitter taste in the mouth I would have thought.

I am really not looking forward to this game. Mike Brown is back and possibility off Geoff Parling and Courtney Lawes coming back.

Bit of a dead rudder really, think it will be closer than most people think. Scotland having nothing to lose and England have nothing to win.

Bit of a dead rudder really, think it will be closer than most people think. Scotland having nothing to lose and England have nothing to win.

don't think it will be a dead rubber. I wouldn't underestimate Wales turning Ireland over in Cardiff - they'll be out for revenge from last year and there is a fair bit of ****le between the two teams - the ireland Wales game could be the game of the weekend, but the points difference it he England Scotland game could go some way to deciding the winner of the tornament.

don't think it will be a dead rubber. I wouldn't underestimate Wales turning Ireland over in Cardiff - they'll be out for revenge from last year and there is a fair bit of ****le between the two teams - the ireland Wales game could be the game of the weekend, but the points difference it he England Scotland game could go some way to deciding the winner of the tornament.

Wales are too flaky to beat that Irish side, oh we will get the normal "Ireland dont like being favourites" crap but its Ireland game to lose.

Going to be interesting to see how Lancs handles the returning players.

Does he bring both Parling and Lawes straight in to start? One starting one bench? Who drops out of the squad out of Kruis and Attwood? Normally you'd say Kruis but he's been playing really well whereas Attwood put in one of the most boneheaded performances I've seen in a long time vs Ireland.

Will Wood come straight back in to the 23? Lancaster likes having an 8 on the bench, Easter has performed really well off of the bench (was one of our best forwards vs Ireland, in his cameo). With Lawes/Parling back you'd presume we go back to having a lock on the bench, so it's Easter vs Croft vs Wood(/Haskell) for the bench backrow spot.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wood comes straight in for Haskell, and Easter leaves the squad. Got no reason to think this will happen but it would not surprise me at all.

He clearly said 'Dead rudder'.
Broken-rudder-housing1.jpg

gboaecruddert.jpg

Scotland by thruuuu...Scotland by thre-aaay...Scotland by Throooouuueeeww ee.

England by Twelve

says Ireland vs England mate.
Balls!

England by 10 (at the least)......sorry Scots if it helps I do think it'll be a contest for the most part.

Barritt has no reason to be near the 23 I'd be disappointed if he was called up. Brown obviously walks straight back in.

Wood on the bench for Easter a little bit harsh on Easter who's played brilliantly off the bench. I'd keep him around the squad however think he'll be a positive influence.

Lawes/Parling is a colossal pain ideally we'd have both on the bench first week give them time to obtain fitness. Croft off for Lawes and Parling to start. Attwood back to club because we need him against Sale ;)

Also Corbs should be back right?

If this game had followed the Welsh game, I think Scotland's confidence levels would have been much higher going into the game. Cotter has clearly had a positive impact on the way Scotland play, but they are yet to devolop a clinical edge or the ability to stay composed in games.

It'd be a brave man to bet against England here, but then if Scotland are going to turn a corner this is the game to do it in!

I have a feeling we won't use Corbisiero this tournament and bring him back in during the warmups at the end of the summer.
Essentially wrap him in cotton wool pre-RWC.

I could see England really putting one over on Scotland here. Scotland don't have the ability to put England under enough pressure to stunt their attack and don't pose enough of an attacking threat to keep them honest. England will win, by how large a margin will probably come down to Scottish moral. After 3 losses it could be a bit low.

Where is all this 'England to dominate' chat coming from? I think we're favourites to win but 25 points?!

I'd bring Lawes into the starting 15 (didn't look at all short of fitness vs Quins) and Parling on the bench, dropping Attwood and Croft entirely. Brown at 15 obviously.

Latest posts