• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] France

I didn't think Thomas was selected ? Also Dulin has the same game as Spedding but is better in it, in every way.

I didn't think Thomas was selected ? Also Dulin has the same game as Spedding but is better in it, in every way.

The problem with Dulin is his size. I love Dulin, I really do, but I can't see him playing all 5 games and making it alive by the end of the tournament.

What do you guys think regarding the Francois Trinh-Duc situation ? We're 8 months before the World Cup so there's still plenty of time for him to come back but I'm really afraid PSA is slowly falling out of love for FTD. And if that is true, that would really suck since FTD has the potential to be a world class number 10 (I was so angry in 2011 when he got benched for Parra). I don't think there are many fly-halves in Europe that are as creative as he is. A few years ago everyone was criticizing his kicking game and this is something he's been working on really hard.

We do need guys like him in France, he's the kind of player that could bring back the French flair we're all longing for.

What I believe we do need in France right now is a sneaky scrum-half like what Parra used to be (and maybe still is, I'm not watching enough Clermont game to have a valuable opinion on him at the moment), FTD, a physical pair of centers that actually know how to use their hands (we're got plenty of them in France) and a back three able to emulate what Clerc/Medard-Poitrenaud/Heymans used to do a couple of years ago.

Put these backs behind a solid front 8 and that everyone would fall back in love with French rugby again.

But first thing first, we need Francois back on the field.

Clear that you guys support Kockott over Tillous-Bordes but who do you think is more likely to actually be picked? When I thought of the team I thought it'd be between Parra and Machenaud, and then neither made the squad, so I've no idea.

Clear that you guys support Kockott over Tillous-Bordes but who do you think is more likely to actually be picked? When I thought of the team I thought it'd be between Parra and Machenaud, and then neither made the squad, so I've no idea.

Welcome to the whacky world of PSA and Lagisquet !!

They fell out of love with FTD long ago and have since shunned Parra. They are without doubt the pairing for France when they are both fit but will they be picked?

Not by this undynamic duo!!!

This is just another selectorial blunder.

PSA is no longer in charge. He's under stewardship from Blancorleone. The FFR Selection comittee has been restaured (after being disbanded at Saint Andre's request when he took over), all this behind closed doors so hush hush....The best thing Serge could do after putting Philippe on a lead as his newly adopted pet is issue a restraining order agst him on behalf of ALL the internationals.
FFR are trying to keep the lid on 3 years of selectorial blunders, disastrous coaching decisions and lately growing resentment from the big clubs over the 30 players list, AND raise the money to build their 600 M euros stadium....we can see where their priorities are...and les Bleus showing in the upcoming 6N is definitely not one of them...but hush hush...

Tillous-borde is average at intl level and doesn't bring the zip and decision making needed. For me he's a filler in Para's absence. He is not a bad pick but I think an in-form Parra brings more.
The jury is out on Rory Kockott at Intl level. He is a good player but why bring him into the mix so late in a position full of quality players. The timing of his selection is off imo. And there is not much time left for him to gain experience AND develop a partnership with a compatible 10. But if FFR persist in omitting Parra, I suppose it's his chance to make the 9 shirt his, provided he gets enough game time which will be hard if they use him as an impact sub like they did in the AIs.

Morgan Parra has found some good form again after a long lay-off. He is a shoe-in at 9. Machenaud has displaced Mike Philipps at Racing and deserves a recall.

I think they will eventually be forced to recall Parra and possibly Francois Trinh-Duc for the WC if (or when) the team underperform in the 6N.

The half-back pairings pick themselves all day with Parra-Lopez of Clermont as the best pair imo. They are coming on nicely at Clermont for their first season which is more than PSA has achieved in 3 years. Then with the return of FTD from injury. We could also have Machenaud-FTD. And a Parra-FTD partnership doesn't look ugly either. Both Parra and Lopez can assume the kicking duty.

Tales is a selectorial blunder. Good player but slow. Low on confidence with Castres bottom of the league. Jules Plisson is a good option as 3rd fly-half and needs to be developped into the position. He has become the first choice fly-half for SF and has clearly displaced Morney Steyn.
Another alternative is Pierre Bernard who is having a very good season at Bordeaux on the back of his excellent form last season. He was best point scorer in the league but has yet to be capped! Go figure.

No shortage of solid alternatives at 10. But PSA is a hopeless conservative. Tales will not give him the pace needed at international level. Lopez is better in every department (kicking defense decision-making physique).

Same comment for the centre pairing. A slow 10 like Tales will get very little out of Fofana who has been wasted compared to his performance with Clermont. He's been stuck in a fruitless partnership with Bastareaud who would be better used as an impact player. Another option never explored by the staff.

You can trust Saint-André to make life easy for the opposition. His selectorial blunders will not help a half-interested squad shorn of leaders and completely under-coached.

Only injury could force the staff to select the better players they have overlooked.

Expect some nice clubs v country firework over FFR's mismanagement up to now of the 30 players protected list.

Last edited:

Latest posts