• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Ireland vs England (Round 3)

to be fair they did win the Bouclier de Brennus in 2010 but lost it i think 10 times in the final, there are plenty of teams who have never won it.

Yeah something like that... Munster muffin is your man for numbers* though it'll be in his IRFU database or something......

*(just don't ask him what they mean).

Vern Cotter created one of the best teams in Europe that never won anything.

The lost finals but had to win a large number of games to get to finals.

- - - Updated - - -

From Murray Kinsella. Is he the fella you're always praising goodnumber10?

O'Mahony at the coalface

In what was by some distance his finest game of the championship so far, Peter O'Mahony was sublime around the rucks for Ireland in his 38 total involvements, adding notable quality to the numbers.
Two dominant smashes of Englishmen were matched by 12 effective contributions in clearing-out, while O'Mahony was also dogged in defence too, winning two turnovers and slowing the ball a team-leading four times.
He did concede one penalty at the breakdown, referee Craig Joubert pinging him for supporting his body weight with his elbows as he jackaled, but this showing underlined O'Mahony's status as a crucial player for Ireland.

On top of the 29 Ireland rucks in which he was one of the first three men in, O'Mahony was superb around the lineout, stealing one English throw, claiming two of Ireland's and lifting well too.
With ball in hand, there wasn't too much gainline progress in tight channels, but there were four good passes, and it's exciting to see Schmidt use O'Mahony in that role. A very rounded display as the Munster captain epitomised Ireland's work rate.

Yeah something like that... Munster muffin is your man for numbers* though it'll be in his IRFU database or something......

*(just don't ask him what they mean).
Still bull****ting or spoofing I see :p

As the say you can GN10 out of the **** but he don't stop talking it :D
And Cotter has won in Europe

Last edited:
The lost finals but had to win a large number of games to get to finals.

- - - Updated - - -

From Murray Kinsella. Is he the fella you're always praising goodnumber10?

O’Mahony at the coalface

In what was by some distance his finest game of the championship so far, Peter O’Mahony was sublime around the rucks for Ireland in his 38 total involvements, adding notable quality to the numbers.
Two dominant smashes of Englishmen were matched by 12 effective contributions in clearing-out, while O’Mahony was also dogged in defence too, winning two turnovers and slowing the ball a team-leading four times.
He did concede one penalty at the breakdown, referee Craig Joubert pinging him for supporting his body weight with his elbows as he jackaled, but this showing underlined O’Mahony’s status as a crucial player for Ireland.

On top of the 29 Ireland rucks in which he was one of the first three men in, O’Mahony was superb around the lineout, stealing one English throw, claiming two of Ireland’s and lifting well too.
With ball in hand, there wasn’t too much gainline progress in tight channels, but there were four good passes, and it’s exciting to see Schmidt use O’Mahony in that role. A very rounded display as the Munster captain epitomised Ireland’s work rate.

Must be missing the point where he says POM is world class.

GN10 I think I'll just put you on ignore ☺️ yet again without any help you prove to be a spoofer and bull****ter

Saracens are full of internationals and they're not playing the top 2 teams in Europe every week which means they're as good or much better than their opposition.

Vern Cotter created one of the top teams in Europe but under him it looks like Scotland are heading for the wooden spoon. Why is that? Because he don't have the players. Coaches can only do so much. They need the players to carry out their gameplan. All the Irish players are technically good which is something people are overlooking. They're the opposite to the French players who struggle to pass the ball but yet everyone thinks the French players are great. The French player who did the most damage to Ireland was little Vincent Clerc.

The likes of Alex Ferguson had a few other top teams to beat to win the league. He or any other manager would not win anything with Aston Villa players.
I always see someone say this every year and you should know that what you said about Scotland 'Lacking players'. To be honest with you, A lack off 10's is major as i think shown against Italy, Even though Peter Horne is good in attack but doesn't simply have the spark which Finn Russell or any other 10 has. But one player does not make a difference about the whole team performance. We did play awful. But these players that Scotland have are young and do have a bright future about them. Stuart Hogg who is only 22 is really good and looked very dangerous against Wales and France and the Same with Alex Dunbar and Mark Bennett. Finn Russell who was missing looks to have a vital part off the squad and is Really a 10 that we can rely on and trust. Maitland, Visser and Hogg as we know are a dangerous back three which is true. The problem is that we are still struggling in attack even though its better then it was under Scott Johnston.

And last year it look liked our under 20 squad failure meant that our future doesn't look bright but this year we have a good squad with 2 wins so far against Wales and Italy and in my opinion could win more. But i'm not going to keep talking about Scotland or else it will ruin the thread.

ImScotty, I rate alot of Scottish players. Ritchie Gray and Hogg could be world class potentially and as you say they've some excellent players and some for the future. Currently theres a shortage of quality to be expected to beat France, England, Wales or Ireland.

Must be missing the point where he says POM is world class.

Cognitive dissonance at its best! :lol:

ImScotty, I rate alot of Scottish players. Ritchie Gray and Hogg could be world class potentially and as you say they've some excellent players and some for the future. Currently theres a shortage of quality to be expected to beat France, England, Wales or Ireland.

Cognitive dissonance at its best! :lol:

I think I'd agree and imscotty it's not that Scotland don't have the players but more they don't have them in key positions. Laidlaw is a class act at 9 but ye need a 10 too that can take the decision making on his shoulders.

Regards end Profitius I think he's proven alone he hasn't much clue. And well he resorts to stupid comments as he deflects and avoids when he knows he bull****ting and spoofing caught. But at least he's good game he proves his stupidness unaided

Last edited:
I think I'd agree and imscotty it's not that Scotland don't have the players but more they don't have them in key positions. Laidlaw is a class act at 9 but ye need a 10 too that can take the decision making on his shoulders.

Regards end Profitius I think he's proven alone he hasn't much clue. And well he resorts to stupid comments as he deflects and avoids when he knows he bull****ting and spoofing caught. But at least he's good game he proves his stupidness unaided 
But i think Laidlaw is not the player we want at 9 because off his slow decision making, yes some are effective but sometimes if he was quicker then we have more chances. Let Chris Custier have a start at 9, he has captain Scotland before i think, if he hasn't then i dont see why he shouldn't he's an experienced player.

If by wrong you mean I don't agree with him, then you're right.

But its good you're resorting to posting links now you've realised your interpretation of stats is a heaving pile of gash.

Not really but 1 link I posted but yea I sure you can think what you like as I say you've proved to be a bluffer bullshiiter and spoofer. You even said Profitius said stuff yet I quoted you saying it. As a pm said your like Karl Pilkington 'An Idiot On TRF'

Last edited:
But i think Laidlaw is not the player we want at 9 because off his slow decision making, yes some are effective but sometimes if he was quicker then we have more chances. Let Chris Custier have a start at 9, he has captain Scotland before i think, if he hasn't then i dont see why he shouldn't he's an experienced player.

while I agree he can be slow you'd admit Scotland loose something when he's not there at current time. In time with Cottter it may change.

Let me know if you find a 9 who makes good decisions.. The entire northern hemisphere might just crap itself in excitement.

More likely to find a scrummie who feeds the ball straight....

So this thread has once again descended into petty bickering between GN10 and the Irish fans? Give it a rest already...

while I agree he can be slow you'd admit Scotland loose something when he's not there at current time. In time with Cottter it may change.
I think though its time for Sam Hidalgo-Clyne to get into the 9 jersey for Scotland he is much quicker and his decision making is good. But one thing is that i dont know why Cotter has put him on late when i think laidlaw didn't play that well.

Latest posts