Club or Nation
Stormers
Super%20Rugby.png

Eden Park, Auckland
Blues.png
Versus%20Super.png
Brumbies.png

19h35 Local time (NZ, GMT +13)​

Blues named - Luke Braid at Blindside Flanker http://www.rugbyweek.com/news/article.asp?id=46053&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Blues

1. Ofa Tu'ungafasi , 2. James Parsons , 3. Charlie Faumuina , 4. Josh Bekhuis , 5.Patrick Tuipulotu , 6. Luke Braid , 7. Brendon O'Connor , 8. Jerome Kaino (c) , 9. Jamison Gibson-Park , 10. Dan Bowden , 11. Melani Nanai , 12. George Moala , 13. Pita Ahki , 14. Frank Halai , 15. Charles Piutau

Replacements :16. Keven Mealamu , 17. Sam Prattley , 18. Angus Ta'avao , 19. Hayden Triggs , 20. Steven Luatua , 21. Jamie Booth , 22. Ihaia West , 23. Francis Saili

Not a prediction based on stats or logic or anything too deep and sentimental, but surely the Blues are due for a win, even if it's by the skin of their teeth. One of these Friday or Saturday nights they are going to pull a rabbit out of a hat I reckon, they have to. I'd feel way more confident if it were any other Aussie side than the Brumbies. To be fair to Blues, there have been times against the Chiefs and Hurricanes where they didn't play that badly. Their match against the 'Tahs was a bit painful to watch, but they kept them close in Sydney for a long time. Braid and Gibson-Park starting is encouraging. Bowden adds a lot to the team.

Very happy nanai on wing over li. Li seems to be suffering from a bit of second season syndrome. Hasn't looked the goods at all this year and a liability on defense. Where on earth's visinia though? Should be on that wing.

Visinia has been out with a head knock for the last few weeks, apparently.

Kirwan seems to be chopping and changing his outside backs (and his midfield) fairly willy-nilly. We've seen Halai, Li, Nanai, Piutau and Visinia all used on the wings with little consistency between weeks.

With regards to the potential outcome of the match... It's worth noting that all five of the Brumbies wins have come against teams in the bottom five of the table (so I suppose it would be entirely appropriate for them to add the Blues' scalp to that list). The only higher ranked teams they've played against they have lost to (Waratahs and Chiefs).

Last edited:
Brumbies named http://www.brumbies.com.au/News/Art...-unchanged-starting-side-to-battle-Blues.aspx

Round 9
Friday, 10 April
Blues v Aquis Brumbies
Eden Park, Auckland
Kick-off: 5.35pm (AEDT)

Aquis Brumbies
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore (c)
3. Ben Alexander
4. Blake Enever
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. David Pocock
8. Jarrad Butler
9. Nic White
10. Matt Toomua
11. James Dargaville
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Henry Speight
14. Joe Tomane
15. Robbie Coleman

Replacements
16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. JP Smith
18. Ruan Smith
19. Jordan Smiler
20. Ita Vaea
21. Michael Dowsett
22. Lausii Taliauli
23. Nigel Ah Wong

Hard to see anything but a Brumbies win.

Hope the Blues can break the losing streak.

Great tackle by Kaino early on!

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with Justin more Referee bul**** going on here. The Brumbies halfback has his hands on the ball for an age at every ruck before he does anything with it yet the Blues are being told not to do anything!

- - - Updated - - -

Thats good they missed the penalty must of felt guilty....

- - - Updated - - -

Dont think the Brumbies are going to deny the Blues at home tonight. The Blues 10 has looked decent so far.

Nice play from the Blues!
Good performance so far.

Uhhh the Blues revert to what they know. Stupidity.

Pocock annoys the buggery out of me some of the steals he gets shouldnt be physically possible....

The blues need to wise up here and make him the first point of contact in the clearout EVERYTIME or avoid taking the ball anywhere near the bugger.

The All Blacks showed how do deal with this guy in the 2011 WC semi and I cant see anything different about his game now. If you make him the tackler and then clearout instantly he's useless.

Last edited:
Pocock is an absolute beast!
He has won at least 4 turnovers I think.

Wow if the Brumbies win this you gotta tip the hat to them man.

- - - Updated - - -

Now can the blues NOT do something dumb with 2 minutes left!!!

Well luck was on there side is all I can say that was the Brumbies to lose!

I honestly would of laughed my ass off if Nick got that kick.

My thoughts are its a win but man talk about unconvincing in that second half.

Last edited:
Let's just keep in mind this was the Australian conference leaders going into this match. Credit to them for a very structured first half, and a wobbly but resilient second half with some awesome plays. Yeah they could have butchered it, but they hung on by their fingernails. One could argue they came close to doing this very thing to the Waratahs a few weeks ago. Not totally sure the likes of P0cock and some of the other Brumbies were releasing in the tackle, but hey whatever.

Good prediction made by me during the week. :p

Last edited:
Let's just keep in mind this was the Australian conference leaders going into this match. Credit to them for a very structured first half, and a wobbly but resilient second half with some awesome plays. Yeah they could have butchered it, but they hung on by their fingernails. One could argue they came close to doing this very thing to the Waratahs a few weeks ago.

Good prediction made by me during the week. :p

They've probably never won at Eden park though so I was thinking during the match that the Blues would have to be pretty bad to loose this... Thing was they were good in the first half and pretty bad in the second so scraped it. Very very lucky to have won this though it was going very pear shaped at times.

Tony Woodcock is an enormous loss to this team that scrum is very suspect without him there.

And I reckon Charlie Faumuina is way overrated. No way he should be getting anywhere near a black jersey this season.

Last edited:
Brumbies won there in 2013, but it was pretty close from memory. I did have that in the back of my mind, that I think their encounters have been close over recent times.

well done the blues, I expected them to win this game but it was a heck of a battle in the end.

Moala was a beast in midfield, straight running blowing through defenders.
Bowden finally finding his feet
pocock is a fricken meast.
west from the sidleine..

Kaino is just epic.

Yeah have to admit was glad to be wrong.

That kick of Wests form the sideline was massive and how impressive was Pocock, quite a nice dilemma for Aus to have if he keeps this form up.

Latest posts