South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein

Cheetahs.png
Versus%20Super.png
Reds.png

13:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Teams:

Cheetahs: 15 Coenie van Wyk, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Johann Sadie, 12 Francois Venter, 11 Raymond Rhule, 10 Joe Pietersen, 9 Sarel Pretorius, 8 Willie Britz, 7 Boom Prinsloo, 6 Heinrich Brussow, 5 Francois Uys (captain), 4 Carl Wegner, 3 Coenie Oosthuizen, 2 Torsten van Jaarsveld, 1 BG Uys

Substitutes: 16 Stephan Coetzee, 17 Danie Minnie, 18 Maks van Dyk, 19 Steven Sykes, 20 Tienie Burger, 21 Tian Meyer, 22 Willie du Plessis, 23 Rayno Benjamin

Reds: TBA

Referee - Jaco van Heerden

AR1 - Quinton Immelman

AR2 - Lourens van der Merwe

TMO - Shaun Veldsman

Last edited:
I have Kerevi, JOC and Hunt in my fantasy rugby draft team. Is it terrible that I'd like nothing more than for the Reds to turn their season around in spectacular fashion?

I have Kerevi, JOC and Hunt in my fantasy rugby draft team. Is it terrible that I'd like nothing more than for the Reds to turn their season around in spectacular fashion?

I haven't even bothered to watch a Reds game this year and to think from 2007 - 2013 I went to every home game and saw every away game...

I haven't even bothered to watch a Reds game this year and to think from 2007 - 2013 I went to every home game and saw every away game...

Jeez, those are some tough years at the beginning. 2007 was absolutely god-awful for them. I even remember cringing in 2008 when Phil Mooney took over. Man you were bad. I even remember thinking how Quade Cooper had no future whatsoever - from memory he really struggled initially.

Things started to get gradually better by beating big sides like the Bulls until it all peaked in 2011. Hasn't really been the same since then.

Mate, at least the Reds won the damn thing recently on top of 1996 pre-S12 if I remember correctly.

I have no doubt your boys will bounce back sooner rather than later.

No, I don't have empathy for Reds supporters. I think only Hurricanes are close enough to feeling what it's like being a Stormers- supporter. Sharks supporters probably deserve the most pity. I'd have said 'Tahs supporters as well but they broke their duck last year. I'd take high highs and low lows any time ahead of constantly being in the hunt but never making it.

Mate, at least the Reds won the damn thing recently on top of 1996 pre-S12 if I remember correctly.

I have no doubt your boys will bounce back sooner rather than later.

No, I don't have empathy for Reds supporters. I think only Hurricanes are close enough to feeling what it's like being a Stormers- supporter. Sharks supporters probably deserve the most pity. I'd have said 'Tahs supporters as well but they broke their duck last year. I'd take high highs and low lows any time ahead of constantly being in the hunt but never making it.

1.jpg

Sharks supporters probably deserve the most pity.

Yup, even for the 2007 final alone. That was just a heart breaker.

Good old Hurricanes. Great one week, crap for next the next 1 or 2. All the talent in the world but awful consistency. Glad to see that turned on it's head this year. I would be delighted for them if they could go all the way.

Jeez, those are some tough years at the beginning. 2007 was absolutely god-awful for them. I even remember cringing in 2008 when Phil Mooney took over. Man you were bad. I even remember thinking how Quade Cooper had no future whatsoever - from memory he really struggled initially.

Things started to get gradually better by beating big sides like the Bulls until it all peaked in 2011. Hasn't really been the same since then.

Back then I got a few warnings on the forum for the unkind things I said about Quade Cooper hahahah

Latest posts