South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Emirates Airlines Stadium, Johannesburg

Lions.png
Versus%20Super.png
140520034314297450.png

17:05 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Teams:

Lions: 15. Andries Coetzee, 14. Ruan Combrinck, 13. Lionel Mapoe, 12. Harold Vorster, 11. Mark Richards, 10. Elton Jantjies, 9. Faf de Klerk, 8. Warren Whiteley (captain), 7. Warwick Tecklenburg, 6. Jaco Kriel, 5. Franco Mostert, 4. Andries Ferreira, 3. Julian Redelinghuys, 2. Robbie Coetzee, 1. Jacques van Rooyen

Substitutes: 16. Armand van der Merwe, 17. Corne Fourie, 18. Ruan Dreyer, 19. Robert Kruger, 20. Derick Minnie, 21. Lohan Jacobs, 22. Marnitz Boshoff, 23. Howard Mnisi

Sharks: 15. Odwa Ndungane, 14. S'bura Sithole, 13. Waylon Murray, 12. Andre Esterhuizen, 11. Lwazi Mvovo, 10. Fred Zeilinga, 9. Cobus Reinach, 8. Ryan Kankowski, 7. Renaldo Bothma, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Marco Wentzel (captain), 4. Mouritz Botha, 3. Lourens Adriaanse, 2. Franco Marais, 1. Dale Chadwick

Substitutes: 16. Monde Hadebe, 17. Thomas du Toit, 18. Matt Stevens, 19. Etienne Oosthuizen, 20. Willem Alberts, 21. Conrad Hoffmann, 22. Lionel Cronje

Referee Stuart Berry

AR1 Jaco van Heerden

AR2 Rodney Boneparte

TMO Deon van Blommestein

Last edited:
Lambie has been ruled out for 6 weeks apparently

It's been posted in another thread but Deysel is out for 7 weeks. Going into last week, I was thinking that the Bulls are the strongest South African side and were gaining momentum. For the Lions to do that against the Bulls (albeit without Pollarde) and to have a good away tour, I think they are more than capable of winning this. I don't fully know the power of the Sharks reserves, but you can't tell me having that many guys out won't severely disadvantage them. And psychologically you have one team is having the best season in quite awhile, and another team in turmoil

Last edited:
It's been posted in another thread but Deysel is out for 7 weeks. Going into last week, I was thinking that the Bulls are the strongest South African side and were gaining momentum. For the Lions to do that against the Bulls (albeit without Pollarde) and to have a good away tour, I think they are more than capable of winning this. I don't fully know the power of the Sharks reserves, but you can't tell me having that many guys out won't severely disadvantage them. And psychologically you have one team is having the best season in quite awhile, and another team in turmoil

I agree - The Lions are in with more than a decent shot to win this. It's a home game, and the Sharks squad depth is being tested, but, having said all of that, the Sharks will be hurting from that loss to the Crusaders, so the Lions might experience the backlash from that.

Im backing the lions on this one!

just took a peek at the SA Conference log... man its close :O

hmmm...

After seeing the 2 line-ups a have a feeling I should back the Lions for this one.

Yeah, it's essentially a Currie Cup match plus Coetzee and Reinach for the Sharks but home advantage, the benefit of continuity and form tipping it in the Lions' favor pre-match for me too.

Yeah, it's essentially a Currie Cup match plus Coetzee and Reinach for the Sharks but home advantage, the benefit of continuity and form tipping it in the Lions' favor pre-match for me too.

And the new front row too... The Lions are going to scrum them to pieces!!

Did any of you watch the collision between Willem Alberts and Mark Richards:

[video]http://www.theroar.com.au/video/?video=4167813356001&category=rugby[/video]

The Bone Collector got another scalp...

Did any of you watch the collision between Willem Alberts and Mark Richards:

[video]http://www.theroar.com.au/video/?video=4167813356001&category=rugby[/video]

The Bone Collector got another scalp...

Alberts really is a beast. I shuddered when that happened- thought Richards died right there. Pity as Richards didn't have a real opportunity rior to g
etting some time this match. Hope the guy gets well soon though we'll probably only see him again in the Currie cup.

Alberts really is a beast. I shuddered when that happened- thought Richards died right there. Pity as Richards didn't have a real opportunity rior to g
etting some time this match. Hope the guy gets well soon though we'll probably only see him again in the Currie cup.

Yeah, but he should've known better. I mean, I'm a big guy, and I will never try and take Alberts head-on like the little midget did...

Latest posts