• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] South Africa v New Zealand in Johannesburg (25/07/2015)

Wyatt Crockett looks and sounds like a farm.

I'm pretty sure his parents were fans of the movie Tombstone, or at least Wild West legends.. Wyatt Earp and Davey Crockett are famous names in the American Wild West history..

Bismarck

A one (or sometimes two) man advantage doesn't always determine the outcome of the match (Crusaders v Shawks 2013, England v New Zealand 2003 and 2005 are a couple of examples)

New Zealand were also ahead on points when he was sent off. You can argue it killed the chance of a Boks win, but it would be daft to say it prevented an inevitable win...

New Zealand were also ahead on points when he was sent off. You can argue it killed the chance of a Boks win, but it would be daft to say it prevented an inevitable win...

Yeah, but it was that first yellow card he got which was the game changer. Where he legitimately tackled Carter, inside the AB's own 22. I think the Boks were even ahead by 3 points at that stage.

But nonetheless, that's also in the past. So no need to dwell on it.

I see the SA media are having a field day with Mccaw's try, calling for heads to roll, and why Schalk's plea wasn't taken into consideration (the second week in a row).

Yeah, but it was that first yellow card he got which was the game changer. Where he legitimately tackled Carter, inside the AB's own 22. I think the Boks were even ahead by 3 points at that stage.

But nonetheless, that's also in the past. So no need to dwell on it.

I see the SA media are having a field day with Mccaw's try, calling for heads to roll, and why Schalk's plea wasn't taken into consideration (the second week in a row).

Ah. Justice 4 Schalk? It really is a case of "cry wolf" by the SA media. We have hear this all before and it will amount to zip

Seriously, Kaplan ought to know better than to claim Schalk should have insisted on a TMO review. Last time I heard, that actually wasn't allowed. Talk about gamekeeper turned poacher!!

Ah. Justice 4 Schalk? It really is a case of "cry wolf" by the SA media. We have hear this all before and it will amount to zip

Seriously, Kaplan ought to know better than to claim Schalk should have insisted on a TMO review. Last time I heard, that actually wasn't allowed. Talk about gamekeeper turned poacher!!

yeah.

I think this is being blown out of proportion as usual.

EDIT: Just found this video:

[video]https://youtu.be/6EDxhny9cnA[/video]

Same move by 2 different teams against us.

Yet we didn't complain about it 2 years ago, (probably because we were winning the game by a big margin).

Last edited:
image.jpg Love it when the Boks and Blacks put it on like they did in this game. A draw would of been fitting but McCaw had other ideas.

I felt SBW should of played this game but Hansen got it right in the end with the Hurricane pairing IMO. They had their worst game I think I've ever seen but I believe they will better for it.

Gutted for the Boks but they'll be back and part 2 will definitely be watched.

yeah.

I think this is being blown out of proportion as usual.

EDIT: Just found this video:

[video]https://youtu.be/6EDxhny9cnA[/video]

Same move by 2 different teams against us.

Yet we didn't complain about it 2 years ago, (probably because we were winning the game by a big margin).

Amazing. Just goes to show Hansen must really do his research (kinda already figured) and really goes through the archives. New Zealand might not be a classic side for utilizing the rolling maul like England and South Africa, but the placements of their throwing can be very crafty. Every now and then they bust out a certain tactic that hasn't been seen in awhile, whether it's a lineout close to the line or one of Dan Carter's kick resets.

Nice!

I think we must get Kaplan on this forum, then he and Cooky can sort the problems out here before it goes viral!!

I don't think there's any need for Kaplan to say any more after Cooky provided photo proof to dismiss Kaplans claims. Kaplan might have a case for the inside the 2 meter ruling but if that's the case we might as well pull up penalty kicks for being kicked inches off the mark.

Funny how the All Blacks who have been playing Rugby for years and are professionals don't seem to know the rules of Rugby according to Kaplan and some others.

I don't think there's any need for Kaplan to say any more after Cooky provided photo proof to dismiss Kaplans claims. Kaplan might have a case for the inside the 2 meter ruling but if that's the case we might as well pull up penalty kicks for being kicked inches off the mark.

Funny how the All Blacks who have been playing Rugby for years and are professionals don't seem to know the rules of Rugby according to Kaplan and some others.

It again comes down to interpretation. I think the general South African public doesn't have a copy of the rule book and they see Mccaw as the scrumhalf and not a participant in the lineout, in other words either a Jumper or a Support Player. They rely on people like Kaplan to explain these sort of issues, and just like any other ref, Kaplan can also get it wrong at times.

It again comes down to interpretation. I think the general South African public doesn't have a copy of the rule book and they see Mccaw as the scrumhalf and not a participant in the lineout, in other words either a Jumper or a Support Player. They rely on people like Kaplan to explain these sort of issues, and just like any other ref, Kaplan can also get it wrong at times.

It must be so difficult to have all the international test referees on the same page else they would have sorted it by now.

Kaplan was a good referee though in his time so he always gets my attention but yeah like you say Heiny, refs get it wrong sometimes, even Cooky does lol.

I'm gutted I missed some of the 2nd half. Will have to rewatch because my friend Suzie left for England where she got a job in a London hotel and we went t say our goodbyes at the airport.

I'm gutted I missed some of the 2nd half. Will have to rewatch because my friend Suzie left for England where she got a job in a London hotel and we went t say our goodbyes at the airport.

Is she a waitress? Please tell me it isn't so!!

Latest posts