• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Olympic Games, Rio

When i saw that white USA runner Gupp going toe to toe with the Africans in the marathon, I couldn't help but think of Floyd Landis in the Tour De France.

Well played Sarah Storey - fantastic race for her 12th olympic gold; in her 3rd games as a cyclist (previous 4 as a swimmer).

Kadeena Cox the big one to look out for - realistic chance at gold in both cycling and athletics this year.

Great day for the Brits all round on the medals table - 11 in all (up 4 from London and Beijing 1st days) with 4 golds.

Pity the US doesn't seem to take these games seriously at all.

ETA: Oh, and Kudos to C4 for using the BBC journalists already there; with just a few of their own added in (last leg crowd, and a few ex-paralympians)

Looks like IOC have decided Paris will host 2024 and LA will host 2028 according to rumours on Twitter.

No surprise no other city wanted to host it really.

Anyway saving up my pennies for South Korea next year.

Yep, but it was which of the, which would host 2024. Now LA has turned its attention to 2028, it leaves the way clear for Paris. Still good news for anyone in the UK if they want to attend, as it is just a short ride on the Eurostar or flight to Paris. And Paris can pick up the mess that goes with holding an Olympics.

At least Trump won't be President in 2028 when LA hold it.

Enjoy Pyeongchang.

Latest posts