• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 RBS Six Nations Predictions

I'm giving up predictions. The first year EVER (and I am 56) I put Wales down for a grand slam with £20 of my hard earned cash and what happens? Draw! The first draw in that fixture for 40 years or something. I mean what chances of that happening? I know I know some clever dick here will say better odds than Wales winning a grand slam. But y'know, never say never. Just not this year.

1 - Ireland
2 - Wales
3 - England
4 - Scotland
5 - France
6 - Italy

my opinion for this year.

I'd have France in 4th ahead of both Italy (5) and Scotland (6 and winless) unless of course, Scotland improve drastically and France get worse.

I just think France will get 2 wins, the win on Sat plus another v Scotland.

Italy looked very impressive against France so I think they'll get a win v Scotland.

That leaves only Wales and Ireland for Scotland to target wins against, both who are much, much better than us so will demolish us.

I really hope I'm wrong but I just can't see us winning this year which should cost Vern his job.

I'm giving up predictions. The first year EVER (and I am 56) I put Wales down for a grand slam with £20 of my hard earned cash and what happens? Draw! The first draw in that fixture for 40 years or something. I mean what chances of that happening? I know I know some clever dick here will say better odds than Wales winning a grand slam. But y'know, never say never. Just not this year.

Well due to the way probability works, since Wales did draw, the probability is higher than the odds of them winning the slam ;)

You have got a point. ok
1 - Wales
2 - Ireland
3 - England
4 - Scotland
5 - France
6 - Italy

Wales was very strong and i enjoyed watching them during 2015 RWC. Scrums are still problem but when Wales is playing their own style rugby they can beat anyone. I like Wales team and want to see Grand slam this year.

You guys have that brilliant championship annually, you have a time to spend at the end of a day. And i am going to watch Portugal - Georgia tomorrow. :(

Last edited:
I'd have France in 4th ahead of both Italy (5) and Scotland (6 and winless) unless of course, Scotland improve drastically and France get worse.

I just think France will get 2 wins, the win on Sat plus another v Scotland.

Italy looked very impressive against France so I think they'll get a win v Scotland.

That leaves only Wales and Ireland for Scotland to target wins against, both who are much, much better than us so will demolish us.

I really hope I'm wrong but I just can't see us winning this year which should cost Vern his job.

Don't bet on that. The Fat Bluffer got promoted for his efforts.

Scrums are still problem but when Wales is playing their own style rugby they can beat anyone.
the scrum has been a pain for us for a couple of years but against ireland it looked solid and in some cases we even got ascendency, so its looking good. either that or irelands front row were not up for it

Latest posts