• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: England vs. Ireland (27/02/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
6Nations.jpg

England.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Ireland.png

Venue: Twickenham Stadium
Time: 16:50 GMT

Weather looks dry and chilly at the moment for the game.

I can see it being a fierce forward battle, not expecting many fireworks.

To be honest I've found the Irish to be the most respectful of the Celts and generally seem to have a very good attitude when it comes to rugby.

We're more like really white Iberians!

They are but leave us out of it!!

I'd wager we are Celts, with a mix of Iberian, Norse, Scottish, Anglo-Norman etc all thrown into the mix. Though to be honest "Celtic" in it's truest sense just implies someone who speaks a Celtic language, as Celts of the old days came from varying ethnicities but were united by Celtic tongue. So if we're going by that definition only 1/3 of Ireland is truly Celtic, but no one goes by that definition anymore...

Aaaanyways. I have a feeling Ireland will really step up their game for this match, but I don't see them pulling away with a win unfortunately. Would throw a nice big spanner into the works if they did though.

Englan are roughly 1/3 to win the match with the bookies . Do you think this is slightly unfair on the Irish?

This should be a very interesting game. The Irish will be up for this game, despite injuries.

I predict England to win, by a whisker.

Englan are roughly 1/3 to win the match with the bookies . Do you think this is slightly unfair on the Irish?

No thats about right. Ireland can't score and England seem to be gaining some momentum and wouldn't surprise me to see them winning the grand slam.

I'd wager we are Celts, with a mix of Iberian, Norse, Scottish, Anglo-Norman etc all thrown into the mix. Though to be honest "Celtic" in it's truest sense just implies someone who speaks a Celtic language, as Celts of the old days came from varying ethnicities but were united by Celtic tongue. So if we're going by that definition only 1/3 of Ireland is truly Celtic, but no one goes by that definition anymore...

Aaaanyways. I have a feeling Ireland will really step up their game for this match, but I don't see them pulling away with a win unfortunately. Would throw a nice big spanner into the works if they did though.

Celts = the original central/western Europeans. There's usually a common R1b DNA marker there so yes we are Celts. Their territory was from Denmark to Iberian and from Ireland to Russia. Gauls, Gaels, Galatians etc were sub groups or descendants. More groups (like Slavs) have swept in to central Europe from the east over the centuries so the DNA there has been diluted. Being from Iberia is just one of many theories.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/35636045

It won't work as well as being raised to hate the English!!! #nodisrespecttoSeanMaitland #arrogance

Jones talks a hape of ****e doesn't he!

Yes well Maitland's interview clearly stated "he joked" after his quote which many people conveniently overlooked before claiming he was 'mouthing off' in the press.

This seems to be a pretty feeble attempt from Jones to develop some kind of siege mentality ahead of the first home test.

0-0 Scrums or lineouts only. Ball in loose play for less than 2 minutes of total game time

Yes well Maitland's interview clearly stated "he joked" after his quote which many people conveniently overlooked before claiming he was 'mouthing off' in the press.

This seems to be a pretty feeble attempt from Jones to develop some kind of siege mentality ahead of the first home test.

Is it a secret that there's a reasonable percentage of celts that have an anyone but England mentality ? Nope . Is it reasonable for Eddie to say England players can use that to their advantage ? Yep Clive says that his England team used to use it all the time . Eddie even said he can't do that because he Australian .....

Maybe you guys should read the whole article and not just the headline ?

Ah lads... The article says he said it jokingly! It's mainly him saying he's up for this as much as the native Scots, no reason to hate the man.

We should be friends! Do you think the English are the epitome of all things arrogant? Cuz I do for one week every year!!

- - - Updated - - -

0-0 Scrums or lineouts only. Ball in loose play for less than 2 minutes of total game time

Hartley goes off... Robshaw stand in captain... Penalty in front of the posts in the 79th minute... Kicks for touch...

[/QUOTE]Hartley goes off... Robshaw stand in captain... Penalty in front of the posts in the 79th minute... Kicks for touch...[/QUOTE]

It's written in the stars :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts