• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: Scotland vs. France (13/03/2016)

I think Scotland just wanted it more and France well, this is a start for development and its going to be a while before a good France imerges but that is not taking anything from Scotland for their win. They stuck to the task and were the better team on the day Congrats!!!!!!!!

Good win against a French side which were out played up front by a great Scots front row. Hogg - a master class . Work to be don but looking good .

Good win against a French side which were out played up front by a great Scots front row. Hogg - a master class . Work to be don but looking good .

I'm still hesitant over Hogg. Offensively he is brilliant, no doubt about it, probably the best attacking full-back in Europe, but would I have him in the Lions squad over Brown? Not a chance.

I'm still hesitant over Hogg. Offensively he is brilliant, no doubt about it, probably the best attacking full-back in Europe, but would I have him in the Lions squad over Brown? Not a chance.

Other than the fact he doesn't come across as a great guy on the field, I do admire Mike Brown. He's solid in defence and a superb counter attacker. I think the Lions will have both of them.

So long as we don't get a Woodward scenario with massed English (or for that matter Welsh or Irish) players in the group, it could be a brilliant Lions tour party next year.

Brown is a reason to concede penalties.
He's a hot head who can't keep himself in check. Yeah he's a fine fullback but emotionally he's a child with a tantrum issue; a ticking time bomb waiting to give away penalties.
Hogg everytime.

He's a hot head who can't keep himself in check. Yeah he's a fine fullback but emotionally he's a child with a tantrum issue; a ticking time bomb waiting to give away penalties.
Hogg everytime.

Except he has had very few penalties against him internationally... Yes he gets emotional but he rarely puts himself in a position to be penalised. One of the things that winds him up is team mates giving away stupid, kickable penalties so he doesn't do it either.

Because God forbid we should choose players capable of bringing some magic to the field.

Hogg everytime.

This doesn't seem like a very educated comment, because he doesn't do concede penalties and is probably the best fullback in the NH.

Other than the fact he doesn't come across as a great guy on the field, I do admire Mike Brown. He's solid in defence and a superb counter attacker. I think the Lions will have both of them.

So long as we don't get a Woodward scenario with massed English (or for that matter Welsh or Irish) players in the group, it could be a brilliant Lions tour party next year.

I agree, take both, who would you like to see included from a Scottish perspective? I feel that it will largely be a mix of English and Welsh players the way that the other countries have been playing, hopefully the Scots can build on this momentum and put forward a decent number of contenders for that Lions shirt.

This doesn't seem like a very educated comment, because he doesn't do concede penalties and is probably the best fullback in the NH.

I agree, take both, who would you like to see included from a Scottish perspective? I feel that it will largely be a mix of English and Welsh players the way that the other countries have been playing, hopefully the Scots can build on this momentum and put forward a decent number of contenders for that Lions shirt.

"This doesn't seem like a very educated comment"?
Well to start with,the comment can never be "very educated". Its a comment,inert,devoid of life.Only a person can be educated. Dont throw stones,your in no position to.As for the rest of it,I just give up.

"This doesn't seem like a very educated comment"?
Well to start with,the comment can never be "very educated". Its a comment,inert,devoid of life.Only a person can be educated. Dont throw stones,your in no position to.As for the rest of it,I just give up.

I mean, you knew what I meant, which is the purpose of communication, so instead of nitpicking let's actually talk about it. Don't give up, now it's your turn to educate me.

Watson has been superb and is a cert but I'd take Seymour over Nowell and Cuthbert any day. WP Nel, J Gray, and at least one of Duncan Taylor/Dunbar/Bennett are in with a shout if in form next year.

There are a lot of games before the three tests and there will be plenty injuries and withdrawals if previous tours are anything to go by so those featuring in the tests will not necessarily be first choice.

Last edited:
I think Brown is a quality full back but Hogg is superior in so many phases particularly in attack . His foot work is mesmerising and can sail through the back . His defence both for the Warriors and Scotland has been sound if not spectacular . Sunday’s win was on the back of a superior pack who out scrummaged France particularly in the second half and not relying on the interpretation of the ref who had good game all round despite the lop sided comments passed by some !

I think Brown is a quality full back but Hogg is superior in so many phases particularly in attack . His foot work is mesmerising and can sail through the back . His defence both for the Warriors and Scotland has been sound if not spectacular . Sunday's win was on the back of a superior pack who out scrummaged France particularly in the second half and not relying on the interpretation of the ref who had good game all round despite the lop sided comments passed by some !

I love watching Brown's breaks and on his day can be a formidable full back but Hogg has that X-factor and edges it for me. Brown should have had a try at the weekend but stepped inside way too early which was poor decision making on his part but overall he had a good game.

Last edited:
Watson has been superb and is a cert but I'd take Seymour over Nowell and Cuthbert any day. WP Nel, J Gray, and at least one of Duncan Taylor/Dunbar/Bennett are in with a shout if in form next year.

There are a lot of games before the three tests and there will be plenty injuries and withdrawals if previous tours are anything to go by so those featuring in the tests will not necessarily be first choice.

For me Nowell is a much better pick than Seymour, he's a great, underrated player that always breaks that first tackle, much like Brown. I still have question marks over WP Nel, good player no doubt, but he missed 5 of his 8 tackles on Sunday, which is worrying. J Gray has to go, Richie has impressed to, and the Scottish centres have looked like good shouts too.

Latest posts