• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Argentina v Australia (08/10/2016)

Next time we play Australia we should agree we start -7 and they are not allowed to intercept passes. To save time.

what a stupid way of loosing a game.
its clearer than ever that we are loosing on our own. do knock ons centrimeters from the goal?? how many penalties missed?
its not posible to win like this
herrera what a moron he cant grab the damm ball

NAh this match was lost when we missed so many kicks. With the result against them Aus would have made more mistakes. Sadly we missed a lot Isa,Sanchez and Hernandez.

I convinced Herrera is secretly brazilian or uruguayan, no one can play this bad unless he's doing it on purpose.

creevy herrera and petti all comitted knock ons on clear try situations..

Oh well. It happens.

Argentina's 2016 TRC Highlights

Best: first 50 minutes against the AB's in Hamilton. Arguably the best rugby i've seen in a long, long time. Two good offensive teams throwing everything but the sink at each other.

Good: After the Jaguares' first season, i expected a LOT of yellow cards. That did not happen.

Bad: Losing to Australia in London despite having an extra man for 20 minutes. Our game to lose

Worse: Losing to RSA in Nelspruit. We lost this one ourselves too.

Worst (1): the last 30 minutes of the game against NZ. Lost the plot, completely.

Worst (2): our defense. We've improved our offense, a lot, but we've done so at the expense of missing tackle after tackle. Simply unacceptable.

Argentina did a little better with ball in hand than I was expecting without Sanchez. De La Fuente was really good. Wallabies very curious, they defend quite well, look lethal when in the mood but just seem to go to sleep for large parts of recent games. I don't know if its a sign of their forwards being overpowered maybe so it limits their opportunities with go-forward ball?

I think Scotland will match up well against Argentina next month if the Pumas don't improve their defence.

ISI company pays U$D 1000000 to the UAR for this match, free of costs.

Last edited:
Perhaps there's a clearer picture for Australia going forward in terms of locking down positions. Timani was pretty impressive, he looks more like a 6 to me though, lacks the pace/skill or dynamic carrying for 8, with Fardy getting on he should lock down that spot by 2019. Looks like McMahon or Holloway for 8, or they could try and convince Higginbotham to come back. Gill to add more competition to 7 when he finished with Toulon and heads back, perhaps taking over the starting spot by 2019. Robertson and Alaalatoa looked promising. Locks are still **** though, Arnold and Coleman may be big but they're powder puffs, Douglas and Simmons consistently flatter to deceive. Kerevi starting to show the world what he can do, reminds a lot of Tuilagi with his power. Rest of the backline lacks balance and seems to lack cohesion also.

Surprised how negative the Argentinian fans are in here. Your team has come such a long way in the last 20 years and do themselves proud in the RC.

Being harsh on ourselves and pushing further than we expect is a part of ourselves and at some point what brought us here. Yeah, we are hard on our critics. Picture yourself that even Messi is on the spot very often.

That said, of course that we are proud of where we are, but being able to challenge and then lose because of silly mistakes, well... We will keep that attitude at some point if we want to keep improving.

It may sound ridiculous, but I picture that deep inside we believe that we have what it takes not to just win a match, but to become a serious contender for the ***le on a couple of years. That is of course unrealistic, but that lack of realism is what sometimes pushes a team besides his limits.

We can be realistic when we perform a retrospective analysis... But while in the heat of competition, well... We are pretty hard.

Surprised how negative the Argentinian fans are in here. Your team has come such a long way in the last 20 years and do themselves proud in the RC.
In some aspects we have. The problem is we improved our offense at the expense of becoming soft, very soft, on defense, which was kind of our strength not that long ago. That is what is so frustrating.
Think RWC 2007. We defended, put a lot of pressure on our opponents, waited for them to make a mistake and punished them with points on the board. Now we attack better, much better, but we drop the ball 5 mts away from the in goal. We offload a lot but we give away intercept tries often too.

This last game is a good example. We had Australia cornered several times but we failed to convert that possession and chances into points. Every single time we play them we give an intercept try away.

We are a quite demanding crowd, i'll give you that.

it will depend on the amount of "gifts"we offer to the wallabies if you give up an uncontested ball in your own 5. like creevy in that line up. theres no hope
cos aussies will punish things like that. so it will be another game of posetion and slowly working our way to aus 25 and then making silly mistakes, allowing oz to score some simple backline plays. this is mostlly the case when we play vs oz.
if the manage to keep consentration it is posible but not likely
what about the croud in london . i m not shure who the english hate the most arg or oz?? what do you guys think?

ejje i called this one!! :rock::rock::rock::rock: not much needed, it was so ovbious

Last edited:

Latest posts