• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Argentina v South Africa (27/08/2016)

You're asking two saffas to agree? Two saffas from different provinces? One who only braai's with wood (the only way you braai) and the other with charcoal. (is that even a braai, that's a bbq)

so i cook my pizzas with old vines (wood) so is this a pizza braai or a pizza bbq ?????? oh and by the way you still have not answered my question but dont worry i'v' delved into it deeeeeeeep deeeeep and did find an answer. you need more surnames in SA why is everyone called Du Plessis, needs change.
drink more beer, you will eventually agree, or is it agree to disagree!!!!! why is life so complicated!!!!!!!

so i cook my pizzas with old vines (wood) so is this a pizza braai or a pizza bbq ?????? oh and by the way you still have not answered my question but dont worry i'v' delved into it deeeeeeeep deeeeep and did find an answer. you need more surnames in SA why is everyone called Du Plessis, needs change.
drink more beer, you will eventually agree, or is it agree to disagree!!!!! why is life so complicated!!!!!!!

JPP is Jon-Paul Pietersen

He isn't a Du Plessis...

And what's wrong with disagreeing??

nothing wrong at all, but in Montpellier he was know as JPP not my fault if his fellow SA's at the club named him JPP, you know there is just a small possibility there might be 2 JPP or even more!!!!!!!!!!!!!, so if he is not a Du Plessis why is he called that!!!!!!!!!!!!! so strange!!!!!!!!!!

You're asking two saffas to agree? Two saffas from different provinces? One who only braai's with wood (the only way you braai) and the other with charcoal. (is that even a braai, that's a bbq)

Wait, what? @TRF_heineken, can you please explain yourself!?

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife allows me to drink even if we're not having a braai...so I don't need to stretch the braai time by using wood.......

...a braai is an amazing thing why do you want to make it short? I start making fire around 7pm and we we end up eating at around 9:30, witha second fire still going

charcoal is just the spent orgasm of a wood braai

Wait, what? @TRF_heineken, can you please explain yourself!?

I live in a townhouse complex with very strict rules. And one of those rules are that we are not allowed to use wood for open fires. So I don't really have a choice at home.

But if I'm not at home, I use hardekool hout pappa!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife allows me to drink even if we're not having a braai...so I don't need to stretch the braai time by using wood.......

That's all I need to know. Didn't read further.

I live in a townhouse complex with very strict rules. And one of those rules are that we are not allowed to use wood for open fires. So I don't really have a choice at home.

But if I'm not at home, I use hardekool hout pappa!!

I am sure your complex's rules aren't allowed to go against the country's constitution? Your the law expert though.

No but seriously guys I am just teasing. I use gas and a skillet myself when the weather is poor and I need a steak. I refuse to close up my patio.

IMO you can braai with both wood and charcoal but when you start using gas it becomes an undesired BBQ.

That's all I need to know. Didn't read further.

I am sure your complex's rules aren't allowed to go against the country's constitution? Your the law expert though.

No but seriously guys I am just teasing. I use gas and a skillet myself when the weather is poor and I need a steak. I refuse to close up my patio.

I don't have a built in braai, so I have a Weber that can do both gas and charcoal. If it's just my wife and myself, I usually just use the gas. It's quick and no wasting of charcoal which is at some places now almost R40.00 ber bag!!

Listen if you're doing it purely to make some good tasty food then a weber with charcoal or gas is fine, but a social "braai".

There is nothing else. Wood only.

I mean, standing around a fire talking kak, drinking beer and looking at the flames is much better than being huddled around a few coals for 20 minutes before going in to eat your tannie's potato slaai

Even with SA in the state they are in, I'm still far from convinced England can beat them. It would be nice to get that monkey off our back though.

Seriously, a braai without wood is like the current Bok performance. A waste of time :D

Getting rid of Lavanini is something to celebrate, it's just sad it had to be because he is so badly injured. Guido Petti is a better player, period.

What was the name of that pumita who killed it at the u20 world cup? Marcos Kramer? He's a beast! Bring him in.

But....but.....

Even with SA in the state they are in, I'm still far from convinced England can beat them. It would be nice to get that monkey off our back though.

Of course it would be sad from our perspective to break that ridiculous (and somewhat fortunate) unbeaten streak. As is I think it wouldn't be a contest. My hope is tha we can come right and get a few key men back (Pollard in particular) and/or on form. Even then I think only a game on the Highveld would be a realistic shot. I think you are good value for your 2nd place and we are probably around 4th/5th ATM and will probably be in that position by the end of the RC.

Of course it would be sad from our perspective to break that ridiculous (and somewhat fortunate) unbeaten streak. As is I think it wouldn't be a contest. My hope is tha we can come right and get a few key men back (Pollard in particular) and/or on form. Even then I think only a game on the Highveld would be a realistic shot. I think you are good value for your 2nd place and we are probably around 4th/5th ATM and will probably be in that position by the end of the RC.

Psychology does funny things though innit. You guys haven't been at your best for a while now, yet you still regularly push the ABs closer than anyone else does.

Psychology does funny things though innit. You guys haven't been at your best for a while now, yet you still regularly push the ABs closer than anyone else does.

That was under HM, this new fella doesn't know what he's in for.

Spring Boks could potentially be on their way to a record thrashing by the All Blacks, their performances this season certainly indicate that.

The Saffers will always rise to meet the AB's.
They are our rugby nemesis.
I don't know why people think it is Australia because it's not.
We have had a good battle with Oz over the last 30 odd years but the Boks have always been the team we want to beat.
It's a long standing rivalry that dates back to our early years as a rugby nation.
The Japies have a rich tradition and although they are not at their most dangerous they will bring the AB's crashing down to earth with their huge physicality.
We will be in yet another brawl with the Japies and thats what makes world rugby great.
The rivalries and the friendships afterwards.

Spring Boks could potentially be on their way to a record thrashing by the All Blacks, their performances this season certainly indicate that.
That's what several of your countrymen were saying back in 1995.
How did that end up again?

I will not put all the nzer in the same bag, as that'd be plain stupid, but it's quite remarkable that after displaying some of the most disappointing performances in rugby history (measured as expectations vs actual results) some of your countrymen have learned nothing about humbleness.

Latest posts