• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Argentina v South Africa (27/08/2016)

well we have a troll completely off topic. please ban him.

Let's try keep it on topic shall we? Even if the topic is completely dismal and utterly depressing for all Springbok fans.

Mohoje will probably get cited, he was an idiot today with the high takes (although I highly doubt that head bump was intentional). Someone here said "dirtiest sa team ever" that's a bit of a laugh mate.

EDIT:

The one Argentina player, no idea who it was, maybe Landajo. The camera focused on him for a few seconds and he was pulling all these faces, was amazing, totally cracked up. Any idea what went on there?

Let's try keep it on topic shall we? Even if the topic is completely dismal and utterly depressing for all Springbok fans.

Mohoje will probably get cited, he was an idiot today with the high takes (although I highly doubt that head bump was intentional). Someone here said "dirtiest sa team ever" that's a bit of a laugh mate.

EDIT:

The one Argentina player, no idea who it was, maybe Landajo. The camera focused on him for a few seconds and he was pulling all these faces, was amazing, totally cracked up. Any idea what went on there?

agree completely I don't think he hit Juani s head intentionally. I do think it deserved a yellow and certainly a penalty for high tackle. it's amazing the lack of consistency in reffering. Imhoff
got yellow in the Olympics for so less.!

Right, whatever happened that stops. Keep it in English and civil.

He was requesting a yellow card for a high tackle. Or at least I think you are referring to that situation where he makes some gestures to the bench.

Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm still mad about Garcés, it was really frustrating to watch Mohoje "high tackling" Hernandez on numerous occasions. He made a lot of mistakes,it was a robbery. I hope both of them get cited...

Creevy and Hernandez were absolutely sensational today. Matera and Isa were also brilliant.
Welcome.
I disagree about Hernandez. One good kick and that was about it.

Am I wonder where is the other argentine hater? Dark Horse...

I am no hater! Only love for Argentina. Great stuff today. Isa and Hernandez were superb. Don't mix "hate" up with my frustration that Argentina are poor game managers and don't typically have the belief to close out games like they did today. Just because they are both of those things does not mean I do not like them or think they are not a good team.

Welcome.

Thanks!

Well, Leguizamon's try was first a break from Hernandez and then the cross kick, 90% of the try was from him. He attacked a lot, very wise kicking, defended great, made a huge conversion when Sanchez came off... I usually criticize him, but in my opinion he was wonderful today.

Well done Argentina!

By the way is it true that Argentina are only selecting players from their (one!) super rugby team? If it is this is even more impressive!

Last edited:
Well done Argentina!

By the way is it true that Argentina are only selecting players from their (one!) super rugby team? If it is this is even more impressive!

Almost correct, Argentina can select players that are currently playing in the southern hemisphere. They are all playing in Jaguares except Cubelli (Brumbies). Key players like Ayerza, Fernandez Lobbe, Imhoff, Bosch unfortunately can't play for the Pumas.

Welcome.

come on cruz you are too harsh on Juani he was Damm good today. maybe not so much in the first half but cope pretty well with the fly half position once nico was out. and it makes sense. that's he's natural position

Last edited:
I'm pretty excited for the rest of the RC now. Obviously ABs will win, but the other places are up for grabs atm.

Seems like everyone is blind when it comes to Hernandez. (Perhaps rightfully so, since he was once a fantastic player and is really beloved)
Yeah he did superb in the try scored by Legui but apart from that he's been awfully poor. I'm talking about tons of bad passes in key moments that could've ended in Pumas crossing the line. He still has class in those boots, but he always seems to take the wrong decision and those are the things that end up deciding the score in this kinds of games.

And he's been like that for a while now. Last week he had a shocker. Think he needs to make room for upcoming players. .

Seems like everyone is blind when it comes to Hernandez. (Perhaps rightfully so, since he was once a fantastic player and is really beloved)
Yeah he did superb in the try scored by Legui but apart from that he's been awfully poor. I'm talking about tons of bad passes in key moments that could've ended in Pumas crossing the line. He still has class in those boots, but he always seems to take the wrong decision and those are the things that end up deciding the score in this kinds of games.

And he's been like that for a while now. Last week he had a shocker. Think he needs to make room for upcoming players. .

disagree, I think he is not the great player he once was. but he is not poor. he had bad games lately of course but I think he is not a nbr12! he is slow and he's abilities are kind of useless in that position he was very good at 10 today so he was last year in Durban. he can be slower at 10 and his kicking matters way more there. he did much more than the Leguizamon try today.

Last edited:
Taking into account that Moroni and Senatore were out, this win is even more impressive. I hope Imhoff and Ayerza decide to come back for the World Cup, we would have a really good team.

Incredible result for the Pumas.
Bravo
This is a milestone and once again we see how fast Argentina is progressing with a fraction of the infrastructure for rugby that the other three participants in the RC have in their quarters.
Anybody who doubted the inclusion of Argentina in the RC must now see what a stroke of genius it was.
Congratulations to the Pumas and all their fans for bringing entertainment back onto the field and showing that you have the talent, courage and intelligence to play flowing rugby in your own style and make it victorious against the best teams in the world.
Australia and the All Blacks can expect a very tough time in Argentina as well.
The competition has come alive.
Fantastic result for the Pumas and the RC.
Commiserations for SA, they can do better but turmoil at home is not helping.

Incredible result for the Pumas.
Bravo
This is a milestone and once again we see how fast Argentina is progressing with a fraction of the infrastructure for rugby that the other three participants in the RC have in their quarters.
Anybody who doubted the inclusion of Argentina in the RC must now see what a stroke of genius it was.
Congratulations to the Pumas and all their fans for bringing entertainment back onto the field and showing that you have the talent, courage and intelligence to play flowing rugby in your own style and make it victorious against the best teams in the world.
Australia and the All Blacks can expect a very tough time in Argentina as well.
The competition has come alive.
Fantastic result for the Pumas and the RC.
Commiserations for SA, they can do better but turmoil at home is not helping.

Great result - did not see match - from one who doubted their inclusion and delighted to be proven wrong!

justice!: Meanwhile Sanzaar confirmed that Bok flank Oupa Mohoje was issued with a citing commissioner warning for a dangerous tackle after the match in Salta, which will count as a yellow card on the players' record for the tournament.

come on cruz you are too harsh on Juani he was Damm good today. maybe not so much in the first half but cope pretty well with the fly half position once nico was out. and it makes sense. that's he's natural position
Maybe i am, but i sincerely see it that way. I honestly believe that, at his best, he was the greatest argentine rugby player of all time. Sheer talent. That's how good i think he was. Having said that, he is aeons away from being at his best. Whenever he has the ball, he either does something fantastic or, literally, ****s things up royally. His kicking is all over the place. He does some fantastic kicks every now and then like last night, or he has a shocker like he had last week. There is no in between. That is not what i want in a kicker. Consistency is key for a kicker.

And just to be 100% clear, i am not saying he had a bad game, he did not. He played ok. I disagreed with LeanTaladro who described his performance as sensational. There is a big stretch from what Hernandez did yesterday and sensational in my book. That's all.

I agree with Aspry about his passing too. It's as if the ball slows down when he gets it.

Latest posts