• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Australia v South Africa (10/09/2016)

Hooper has been found out at 7 and he's a stone cold liability in the linnet.
Pocock is a super player but too small to be an international 8. Play him at 7 and get the best out of him you can.
Mumm is a fine lock with extra aggression but he's not mobile enough to be a blindside flanker. He is here for one reason only, to shore up the line out issues. Unless he plays absolutely out of his skin I see him getting dragged on the 50 minute mark for someone like Fardy, who is an international quality 6

No one has predicted a score. Maybe its too tight and nobody wants to risk their credibility.
I'm gonna say Boks by 2. My head say something else but surely we must beat a team with a six game losing streak otherwise it might just as well have been us with that record

I really don't like the Oz lineup with so many players out of position but I have been picking them for second in the tournament overall. Surely SA can't have yet another sluggish first half? It'll be harder to catch up on the scoreboard against Oz than their last two opponents.

Oz by 7-9 points. But really this is a hugely unpredictable fixture.

Losing confidence in my prediction seeing the NZ vs Arg match. It could say a lot about the respective performances of SA and Oz in recent weeks and they SA were better than we thought.

Losing confidence in my prediction seeing the NZ vs Arg match. It could say a lot about the respective performances of SA and Oz in recent weeks and they SA were better than we thought.

Not sure about that. At the end of the day, SA dredged up a late win at home, and lost away. Admittedly, Argentina played well for 50 mins today, but NZ still beat them by 35 points, 8 tries to 1.

I think Australia might win. I also think SA might win. Or it could be a draw. In other words, I haven't got a clue what's going to happen!

up the wallabies!

Bloody terrible crowd up in Brisbane... they pretty well packed it out for the Broncos last night, but tonight there must be 15k empty seats.

Signs are bad early on... Wallabies handling is just awful.

That was a surprisingly well executed pass over the top - we've been bungling even simple stuff like that lately.

I find it funny a praising a rugby player for being mature and taking the tackle I mean that what is expected of Rugby players.

More disaster for SA kicking it straight to Folau rather than trying a couple of phases first. I'm sticking to favouring Oz here.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent from Nigel Owens again. Very credible explanation and I think a yellow would have been severe.

Hooper has been found out at 7 and he's a stone cold liability in the linnet.
Pocock is a super player but too small to be an international 8. Play him at 7 and get the best out of him you can.
Mumm is a fine lock with extra aggression but he's not mobile enough to be a blindside flanker. He is here for one reason only, to shore up the line out issues. Unless he plays absolutely out of his skin I see him getting dragged on the 50 minute mark for someone like Fardy, who is an international quality 6

Fardy's not even on the bench. Timani and McMahon are the loosie cover on the bench.

I ****ing hate it when the ball's available at the scrum but they refuse to use it.
They should've given a free kick to Aus, then. Nige told him to use it three times, one is more than enough.

Boks kicking so bad they almost couldn't even kick it out to end the half! Decent from both sides I thought though, but have to reckon Pumas have a chance of their best ever finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Great start to second half for Oz. Expect them to get a couple of scores with the extra man.

Latest posts