• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] New Zealand v Argentina (10/09/2016)

Shame was a good comp.

The reverse fixture will be interesting hopefully.

Argentina couldn't cope once NZ turned the screw.

**** man no more high balls!!

- - - Updated - - -

ok this is painful. how to to **** up a good game in 15 min

as i said, another boring win for the All Blacks.

Where are the days were Ab's sneaked it, or lost closely ?

Hmmm felt the Argentina was hit in the air on the build up to that one, which left a broken defence. Not that it really matters.

Missed both the Aus games, and judging where SA are at the moment, might not be a tournament to watch if you are looking for contests haha.

Hats off to NZ for their response and the strength of their bench. The only silver lining for Argentina is it is easier to work on conditioning and defensive systems than it is to coach natural talent and silky skills with ball in hand (which they have in abundance).

Organised chaos from the Argies. But the ABs are just more organised full stop!

Barrett is just incredible. He almost single handedly turned the game around.

Really do feel for Argentina. They were so awesome in the first 50 mins. If there is ever a game where the score line doesn't do the game justice it's this one.

Barrett can't put a foot wrong atm (for convenience sake lets forgets about those couple of penalty kicks). On current form has to be the best player in the world.

And BEN SMITH!

I think that at the beginning of the second half when arg tryed that forward game and didn't score in many attempts, that was it. that was a big waste of energy leading to nothing.

Wow. Don't quite know what to make of that.

Argentina so good for 50 minutes. But so much damage in the last 30. Maybe Argentina ran out of puff 10 minutes earlier than most other teams? Obviously bench depth of NZ a factor, as always.

They are such a pleasure to watch, Argentina, combination of passing skills, footwork, support lines, strength. Like watching France on a good day back how my rose tinted glasses remembered them from 20 years ago, back when they were good.

Well done NZ, it's unbelievable the quality and depth of your squad.

Amazing first 55 mins, then we got tired and don't have the depth at the moment to manage that.

I'm totally sure that one day we'll be able to hold the performance during 80 mins. Next year we'll have a better chance. I'm very proud of these guys.

Moroni and Creevy the best ones in my opinion.

Great opening period by the Argentinians but very disappointed in how they fell away. Just had to keep the scoreline respectable and it would have been considered a great game.

Barrett can't put a foot wrong atm (for convenience sake lets forgets about those couple of penalty kicks). On current form has to be the best player in the world.

Yep. I mentioned on another thread that it would be a bit ironic if, after the retirement of the current WPOTY, and probably the best 10 to ever play the game, the guy who was seen as only 2nd in line to replace him ends up being this year's WPOTY!

Last edited:
I think Argentina were better than the score reflects. There would have been a few worried NZ fans at 24-22 early in the second half, but then the AB's found overdrive and it was game over

Intense, exciting game... For 50 minutes. Then it was just exciting lol.

Argentina will get there one day. Will be able to play it out for 80minutes. They have everything they need to get there. I guess we'll see what they can do vs Australia.

Need to cool off a bit.
I find it mesmerizing that after a pretty good 55 minutes we ended up losing by a bigger margin than Australia.
And some of our mistakes were because we ran out of gas, true, but many, many others were because we lost focus. That is infuriating. I am also getting bloody sick and tired of all the soft tackles we are missing.

Decent effort but clearly not even remotely close to enough.

Latest posts