• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] New Zealand v Australia (27/08/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the ABs are that near peak performance (or selection) so in theory I wouldn't have ruled out Oz being competitive here like they were for much of the second half at home. But I don't like their back line adjustment one bit. ABs by 23-26 points.

isn't slipper loosehead cover, i'm really confused by the whole no loosie cover comment

ohhhhhhh, got it now... haven't heard that term til today

Well, at least they have two openside flankers at the starting XV

I guess Mumm is meant to be flanker cover. With McCalman and McMahon available it makes no sense not to have real back row cover, especially when you're losing your back row cover for Skelton. I thought this might be the time that Cheika finally realised that 2 7s with no 8 doesn't work and would finally go for:

6. Fardy/McMahon
7. Pocock
8. McCalman/McMahon

But no, he can't get over the Pooper. Not having a real ball carrier in the back row (or any where in the Oz pack) is really getting shown up and now that teams have learned to counter act the 2 7s, it's for no reason.

On a slightly different note, can anyone explain why McCalman wore 6 and Pocock wore 8, yet Pocock played 6 and McCalman played 8?

Or why this time on the bench Cheika's placed Kuridrani in the sub 9 shirt and Phipps in the sub outside back shirt?

Yes for a nation which prides itself in its rugby players toeing the line and being respectful to others, I guess it would be difficult for NZ supporters to be the same as well, especially when the issues with Cooper are long forgotten.

But I guess NZ supporters are like elephants. They never forgot about stuff like cheap shots against their glorious (mostly offside) captain, and forward passes.

Message to all those who pilloried me a few weeks back because I complained about them not using smilies when they were joking or on the wind up. See Gavin's comment above.... THAT is the reaction you can sometimes get when you don't use smileys to give context.

Not your fault Gavin, I was using you as a guinea pig to make a point... sorry about that, it won't happen again.

Of course I don't think the crowd should boo him, but they probably will, at least for the first few minutes, until they get bored with it.

- - - Updated - - -

ohhhhhhh, got it now... haven't heard that term til today

I've always used

"Lucy" = loosehead prop

"Loosie" = flanker, No 8

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Don't force anything... If its meant to be, then it will be, at the perfect time. It's all apart of his plan.. <a href="https://t.co/Zvcp3qcXkT">pic.twitter.com/Zvcp3qcXkT</a></p>&mdash; Quade Cooper (@QuadeCooper) <a href="https://twitter.com/QuadeCooper/status/768777640849186816">August 25, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

time spent practicing kicking: 25 sec
time spent waiting for the light to be perfect and applying the right filter: 45 min
time spent thinking of quote: 2 days

Message to all those who pilloried me a few weeks back because I complained about them not using smilies when they were joking or on the wind up. See Gavin's comment above.... THAT is the reaction you can sometimes get when you don't use smileys to give context.

Not your fault Gavin, I was using you as a guinea pig to make a point... sorry about that, it won't happen again.

Of course I don't think the crowd should boo him, but they probably will, at least for the first few minutes, until they get bored with it.

Funnily enough I didn't think I needed to put 'smilies' in my response seeing as it was pretty clear I was being sarcastic and joking.

Next time I'll put them in for you so you don't mistake me for a guinea pig. Haha.

Hook ...... Line ...... Sinker ......

;-)

Last edited:
Love him or hate him, we will all be talking about Quade at the end of the match one way or another :)

Funnily enough I didn't think I needed to put 'smilies' in my response seeing as it was pretty clear I was being sarcastic and joking.

Next time I'll put them in for you so you don't mistake me for a guinea pig. Haha.

Hook ...... Line ...... Sinker ......

;-)

I'm calling bs, hook line and sinker on you more like it.

Anyways back onto Cooper, Took my boy to see the Chiefs vs Reds a few years ago, taught him to boo whenever Cooper got the ball and call him names as well, pretty sure my boy was about 8 then.

Had a couple of people look at me like wtf you let your kid do that, but I don't care what they thought.

It is the only time I let him show this type of disrespect to a player from any team.

I hope he gets booed of the park in all honesty, ****in mung bean piece of **** that he is, actually would be bad for NZ rugby of he got booed of the park, given how **** he is at rugby and all the points he gives us the best thing we could do is keep him on the park.

Anyways back onto Cooper, Took my boy to see the Chiefs vs Reds a few years ago, taught him to boo whenever Cooper got the ball and call him names as well, pretty sure my boy was about 8 then.

Had a couple of people look at me like wtf you let your kid do that, but I don't care what they thought.

It is the only time I let him show this type of disrespect to a player from any team.

I hope he gets booed of the park in all honesty, ****in mung bean piece of **** that he is, actually would be bad for NZ rugby of he got booed of the park, given how **** he is at rugby and all the points he gives us the best thing we could do is keep him on the park.

That's the spirit........

this just confirms that new zealanders are more "american sports fans" than actual american sports fans

Classy.. Your the kind of person Rugby needs to lose..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts