• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] New Zealand v Australia (27/08/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful refereeing at the end there, wasn't particularly good for the whole game to be fair.

NZ understandably lacking the intensity of last week. Didn't look like they got out of second gear at any point. Still think Cheika is doing alright with a lack of options and that Oz will be favourites to finish second.

Coopers "quick tap" at the end summed up the wallabies game.
Tapped it then didn't bother passing it until the defence was on top of him.
They've regressed massively over the last 12 months, especially their pack.

Good win. Was always going to be more competitive than last week.

Not sure what's wrong with this Aussie side. Their top 15 is pretty darn talented but they just look a bit lost.

And this thread is awful. The whole last page is just people taking potshots at each other. This forum does have moderators right?

There's no fault in NZ playing this well. The frustration with them winning so much lies with the other teams, who still don't have their houses in order to match NZ.

Get in!!!

3 Bets
Under 47.5 total match points 11/10-£400 returns £840
Under 41.5 total match points 9/4 £200 returns £650
Under 14.5 Australia total points 10/11 £400 returns £763

I almost lost the last two when Nick Phipps dropped it over the line! Then on that last scrum that di**head Poite kept the game going by giving Aus a random penalty I almost had a heart-attack.

Betting on low scoring home wins at Westpac stadium is a recipe to becoming rich quick, that places is permanently wet and windy, and opposition teams just can't score tries there. Definitely worth the early start, now to re-invest the winnings on Argentina later

Didn't see the game you really have to ask what's happened to Australia. Last year they were winning the Rugby Championship and making the RWC Final. Demolishing England at Twickers along the way. Now it's all gone Pete Tong white washed by England and NZ.

I mean it like like they peaked that evening in Twickenham now it's just getting worse.

The worst performance of the night has to be a toss up between Haylett-Petty and Poite ..... Roman was atrocious .....

The worst performance of the night has to be a toss up between Haylett-Petty and Poite ..... Roman was atrocious .....

Spot on. Haylett-Petty was **** last week too, he just can't tackle.

Poite had no control over the game, and just gives random penalties to both teams. The scrum for example, he just guessed I think most times. Coles should definitely have been binned too.

There's something spooky about Westpac stadium, the wind and the rain. Opposition teams just can't score tries there. I think it's cursed.
ON a nice note, the All blacks were brilliant again. Watching Ben Smith makes me happy. He's the best player I've ever seen bar none, what he's done in the last 5 years has been phenomenal. For me the best in Rugby History, has he ever dropped a high ball? The way he glided outside Haylett Petty to put Savea in today sums him up. He operates on a different level to everyone else on the pitch. A sensation

Haha read it again! My reply was to the other guy that is clearly clueless if you'd bothered to read it all and not just seen the red mist from me posting. LOL

No, you said that selecting players like Pocock, Hooper and Vunipola over Kaino was ridiculous. In the guy's team Hooper was at 7 and Vunipola was at 8 which means Austingir started off comparing 6s to 7s and 7s to 8s etc. by saying that none of them compared to Kaino.

Now, please stop throwing insults at anyone who doesn't believe that every NZ player is a God and at least attempt to have a decent discussion.

For a bloke that's been posting since 2006, your anti- All Black nonsense really speaks volumes to the level of intelligence you have of the sport. It's sad you haven't quit by now.

Don't think I've ever posted anti-All Black material which hasn't had any merit.

Especially as I only commented on your stupid post that rugby would be better off without England .......

Without England there would be no rugby, potentially.

But if your minutes, maybe hours, on this forum suggests otherwise then I bow to your clear superiority.

Last edited:
For a bloke that's been posting since 2006, your anti- All Black nonsense really speaks volumes to the level of intelligence you have of the sport. It's sad you haven't quit by now.

His avatar is Jonah Lomu...

I agree that he jumped to criticise what I thought was a decent but of banter too early, but to call it "anti-All Black nonsense" is a bit far.

Posting since 2006 and still think generalizations have "merit". I hope you're a joke, because if not.. You should go see a doctor about all that brain damage you got from crashing out of every RWC embarrassingly.

I think NZ crashing out of the 1999 and 2007 World Cups to the hands of France, is more embarrassing that any lose Ireland has had at the World Cup.

Hate to break it to you Gav, but we won 3 RWC's to even that out a little. What have Ireland ever achieved apart from a pat on the back? Christ, you haven't even managed to beat the All Blacks. Bit of a laughing stock mate.

Your original post referenced embarrassment for crashing out of the World Cup.

NZ have had many more embarrassing crash outs than all other nations in the world.

Back on topic and the game, I was very impressed by the NZ 12. For a 21 year old (I think) he look composed and solid in both attack and defence. It is amazing that NZ can throw these young lads in and they perform.

And so ends that little scrap, back to the aftermath of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts