• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] New Zealand v Australia (27/08/2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just ridiculous from a consistency point of view. Tom Francis got banned for Wales in this years' 6 Nations for 8 weeks for brushing Dan Cole's face and making contact in the eye area. Just because Wallabies don't make a referral, can't the citing officer make one of his own? Regardless of whether Franks meant to eye gouge or not, what his his hand doing anywhere near Douglas's face/eye area? Just seems one rule for one and one rule for others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/35796218

Yeh I was thinking the same myself . Chris Ashton got a 10 week ban for making contact with the face . Nothing about gouging . It happens regularly on lions yours too . Horwills stamp and the notorious spear tackle on BOD . I think SANZAR really need to get serious about player safety

Ignorant? You should just stop watching the sport and attempting to form an opinion because it's so mind blowingly stupid and this post completely encompasses why Kiwi fans treat a lot of you like ignorant want to be know it all's of the game when in reality you know nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. Just wow.

- - - Updated - - -

My comment has proven to be pretty justified when you have TobyBeastTeague spouting off complete nonsense.

You are an idiot ...... You know nothing about rugby and you have only signed up to this forum to troll people . That's why I'm adding you to my block list .... Goodbye

Ignorant? You should just stop watching the sport and attempting to form an opinion because it's so mind blowingly stupid and this post completely encompasses why Kiwi fans treat a lot of you like ignorant want to be know it all's of the game when in reality you know nothing.
Youve been a member on this site for 5 minutes, so it's hard to work out if you're just a troll or just aren't old enough to able to debate logically, but you haven't dealt with the points being raised here at all.
The central point was and remains that Hansen walked into a gig where Henry had built a brilliant machine and all he did was keep it running.
If he goes to Japan and coaches them to a victory over a major nation and breaks records then I'll agree he's worthy of the recognition, but he hasn't done that yet and until he does he's just the guy that had the good luck to walk into a machine built Henry and kept it going.

Last edited:
Another who knows absolutely nothing. Oh well, if you have that mind set, we never have to worry about any of you been any good again.

You're retarded aren't you? Like not even figuratively either, you're like a full blown clinically confirmed retard aren't you :lol:

Reported. I suppose you are suffering PTS after 6 spankings in a row, 3 from Eddie Jones English side on home soil, you don't get more embarrassing than that. My condolences for being back in the gutter where your trashy mob deserves to be and stay. Pack of bogans and wanna be's.
You reported me? lol that is hilarious. Did that retard comment hit a nerve did it? Did they make fun of you at your "special" school, retard?

This thread has degenerated into a testosterone-fuelled pissing contest!

Last edited:
Come onto a forum shouting your opinion like an entitled manlet and don't be surprised when people treat you like what you are Dr0pkick. Even 6 Nations threads are better behaved than this.

This thread has degenerated into a testosterone-fuelled ******* contest!
Nah, I just know a retarded juvenile troll when I see one so thought I'd try rile his limited little brain up a little. Seems to have worked lol

Yeh I was thinking the same myself . Chris Ashton got a 10 week ban for making contact with the face . Nothing about gouging . It happens regularly on lions yours too . Horwills stamp and the notorious spear tackle on BOD . I think SANZAR really need to get serious about player safety

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-news/24980/gouging-ban-rules-chris-ashton-out-of-six-nations/

Yep, just seen Ashton's "eye contact" incident and what he was banned for 10 weeks for. I fail to see a difference between what Ashton/Francis did and what Franks was doing to Douglas's face; if anything What Franks was doing was worse.

Last edited:
Argentina vs NZ in last year's RWC: Galarza got cited and banned for "making contact with the eye area". He was out of the WC for something quite similar.

Argentina vs NZ in last year's RWC: Galarza got cited and banned for "making contact with the eye area". He was out of the WC for something quite similar.

Yep another example of lack of consistency in the application of the laws.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/latest-news/24980/gouging-ban-rules-chris-ashton-out-of-six-nations/

Yep, just seen Ashton's "eye contact" incident and what he was banned for 10 weeks for. I fail to see a difference between what Ashton/Francis did and what Franks was doing to Douglas's face; if anything What Franks was doing was worse.

I don't have any problem with Franks getting cited and punished.
If this behaviour is seen then it needs to be dealt with and strongly.
What is anybody doing messing about with another players head in that situation?? It baffles me because it's begging the question of an intervention from the policing body.
Why can't players just grab the top edge of the players jersey and scrag him stupid. It's below the neck and it will cause the possession seeking player problems.
Leave the head alone.
I'm a dyed in the wool AB fan, like many others on here, and the vast majority of us don't want to see this conduct from anyone, one of ours included.

It's not about whether Franks has a good record.
It's not about whether the bloke in question was fine after the contact.
It's about what the kids and their parents think, the ones who are watching this game and thinking about sending their offspring to play the game at the grassroots level.

I don't have any problem with Franks getting cited and punished.
If this behaviour is seen then it needs to be dealt with and strongly.
What is anybody doing messing about with another players head in that situation?? It baffles me because it's begging the question of an intervention from the policing body.
Why can't players just grab the top edge of the players jersey and scrag him stupid. It's below the neck and it will cause the possession seeking player problems.
Leave the head alone.
I'm a dyed in the wool AB fan, like many others on here, and the vast majority of us don't want to see this conduct from anyone, one of ours included.

It's not about whether Franks has a good record.
It's not about whether the bloke in question was fine after the contact.
It's about what the kids and their parents think, the ones who are watching this game and thinking about sending their offspring to play the game at the grassroots level.

Yes, I do agree with what you have written but it's also about consistency when applying the foul play laws. It makes a complete mockery of them when players are getting banned for up to 10 weeks and another player who commits pretty much the same offence receives nothing. It leaves a bitter taste of injustice in the mouth and stinks of favouritism.

@RoosTah

Don't suppose you read the Sydney Herald champ?

Some great comments from Clyde Rathbone in there

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/australia-rugby/wallabies-need-to-admit-they-wont-beat-all-blacks-clyde-rathbone-20160825-gr1jlw

If you're too lazy to read it, let me sum it up for you; He say's you're rubbish, we're the best, you have no chance and Cheika has autism.

Cheika's child like rant in the media about the ref summed it up. Instead of acknowledging his teams deficiencies and his own he wants to deflect the blame all to the ref. Classic case of a woeful coach and mind set.

Next time I see you in the gutter, I will flick you a fiver so you can top up the Toohey's mate.

What is wrong with you? Your attitude and disrespectful attitude is crass.

Blocked, hopefully the mods act quickly with you.

Where's that other meathead ncurd who's going to claim England are number 1 again and claim they would beat the All Blacks because they white washed a shocking Aussie team?

Seems like he's hiding under the bridge in his local pub. He should stick to watching the darts and farting to Coronation Street.
reported for clearly not being a new member and probably circumventing a ban

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do agree with what you have written but it's also about consistency when applying the foul play laws. It makes a complete mockery of them when players are getting banned for up to 10 weeks and another player who commits pretty much the same offence receives nothing. It leaves a bitter taste of injustice in the mouth and stinks of favouritism.
Not seen in the incident myself but from what other people have written I'm amazed they are not even having a hearing. I'd much rather have consistent application and too many hearings than just dismissing them

Yep pretty bad. Looks like he'll face a long ban and not play for the rest of the RC.

Ncurd see above video clip of the eye/face contact incident Franks gets away with.

owen franks had a rough game all around, penalized a couple times at scrum and i can't believe he avoided anything there (mainly that it didn't go to TMO) but hansen is right we didn't have all the angles

Ncurd see above video clip of the eye/face contact incident Franks gets away with.
Yeah pretty amazing some kind of investigation isn't happening plenty of people called out in recent times for similar.

Yep, this is pretty bad alright. Stupid stuff from Franks. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't get cited and suspended.

To be fair though, the Wallabies did put in a lot of dirty, off the ball stuff themselves. IMO, Cheika sent his players into this game with a plan to disrupt NZ possession as much as possible and not worry if they did so illegally. This was intended to spoil the flow of the game as much as they could in order to limit the damage on the scoreline.

As for Coleman, he looked like he had the red mist right from the kickoff; he was a "Yellow Card Walking" right from the outset. I reckon Cheika sent him out with "instructions"; don't worry about discipline and don't worry if you get carded, just do some damage. It was no surprise to me when he finally pulled out that stupid late, high shoulder charge on Ben Smith and got binned. Could have been red card if it had been any higher.

As for the Dane Coles so called swinging arm, that was nothing. Kaino bore the brunt of the strike, Fardy a copped a glancing blow at best. My question is, why was Fardy allowed to cheat and lie over the ball, making no attempt to roll away. If Poite does his job and pings Fardy, none of this happens. I wouldn't put any store in what Fitzpatrick says (I haven't done so for some years now). He's gone to the Dark Side, his paymasters are British TV, so he'll tell them what they want to hear.

i was actually okay with the coles penalty, if there would have been a card it would have been ridiculous

just send him a message not to do it again, not particularly dirty but not necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts