Justin Rose (England) W9 L3 H2

Henrik Stenson (Sweden) W5 L4 H2

Andy Sullivan (England) debut

Danny Willett (England) debut

Chris Wood (England) debut

Martin Kaymer (Germany) W4 L3 H3

Thomas Pieters (Belgium) debut

Lee Westwood (England) W20 L15 H6

I wish them all the luck in the world as the USA team is going to be awesome!

Some of the European players are going to have to play golf to a far , far higher level than they have been achieving over the last few months.

this is very true but the Ryder Cup brings something else to the table and everyone ups their game for it, and of course its v les sceptic tanks so that is inspiration in its self.!!!!!!!!!

Is this more debutants than we'd normally be use to? It certainly feels like it.

That's probably my biggest worry, Europe usually raises their game for the Ryder Cup but usually it's filled with guys who are extremely passionate about the event. This year I wonder where that passion on field will come from ie. who's going to fill that Ian Poulter kind of role. Guess I'm looking at Justin Rose. Plus with the amount of debutants known working partnerships may have to be broken up (Stenson/Rose).

Hopefully the US will implode under their own ego's again ;) The fallout from the last one was almost comical.

i'm sure the passion will surface whether they are debutants or not and of course the format is something that the USA hardly ever play through their younger years whereas the Europeans thrive on it, you only have to look at the Ryder Cup results of Tiger

Happy and surprised to see Chris Wood involved. Doing Bristol and Nailsea proud, once almost ran a trolley into him in Nailsea Tescos

For me, it will come down to the form of Fitzpatrick and Sullivan who have not been at the front under the real pressure of major competition and, indeed, Willet, who has been, but been pretty poor since the Masters!!

Fitzpatrick and Wood may well revert to top class golf they are capable of now that their struggle to qualify is over. Andy Sullivan does not have that excuse for his poor quality over recent weeks!

I cannot see Bello or Pieters having such a problem as they are in sparking form.

Poulter is irreplaceable as a participant and in the team room but, hopefully, he will be there urging them on...however, Westwood HAS to try and step into Poulter's shoes if only to prove his golf at Ryder Cups, and not his very close friendship with Clarke, was the reason for his wild card!!

If Westwood raises his game it will encourage the others to follow and Stenson (the joker) will lead in the team room!!

Let us also hope that Rory gets over the putting problems in time and Sergio has one of his infrequent good days on the greens.........!!

I am not sure that we will see a "melt down" from the Americans at home!!

Latest posts