• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Blues vs. Highlanders (Round 1) 26/02/2016

The HL trouble is going to be losing any of their starting loosies they look crap once squire and wheeler went off. Instantly got caught carrying the ball up.

Look at the build up to that try and then look at the Naholo score holly **** balls. That is a championship clutch play right there just before half time pull that out.

Man is Jackson from Auckland or something!!??? FFS the blues do 2 things wrong the hl do 1 and it seems the HL get picked out for it.

And then the blues score and a highlander is blantantly taken out ahead of the ball carrier.

BLOODY HELL faumuina clearly takes out the 10 ahead of the ball!!! This has been going on for a couple years now and im OVER IT total BS!!!

Last edited:
You are so right. I got no skin in the game being a Chiefs boy but really Jackson?? I hope your just having a bad game GJ, i had big hopes for you....

- - - Updated - - -

This has been going on for a couple years now and im OVER IT total BS!!!
Yea Blues off the ball interference is exactly what you say. Total BS and being going on for waaayyy too long

Guys im almost in total disbelief at the reffing display in the second half. I mean really how much was Jackson paid?? Seriously??

The Blues played really well. I'm stoked to see the positive influence of Tana. The Blues were right in that game.
However those calls were pretty dubious at best but worst they impacted the swing of the game. Sigh.. Nevermind Go Tana!

Im going to be watching that blues 7 more closely he was a real surprise in this game. The blues have crazy depth in the loosies almost unbelievable theres still latimer there aswell.

The Highlanders were very, very unlucky. Two absolutely crucial refereeing blunders in the last few minutes basically screwed them.

First, there was a clear and obvious head high tackle on Fekitoa, right under Jackson's nose, and he missed it. That should have been a penalty to the Highlanders. Instead, the play was allowed to continue, and from the resulting turnover, Osborne is yellow carded for side entry.

Second, the last Blues try should not have been allowed. Tuipolotu was able to make the goal-line after a Highlanders defender was illegally taken out by a Blues player cleaning out beyond the ruck. A player must be actually competing for the at the tackle before he becomes fair game for a cleanout

I'm a great fan of Glen Jackson as a referee, but he has had a shocker tonight and I'm sure he will realise that when he does his review. His policing of the ruck and maul offside line was almost non-existent.

Thought those 2 calls by GJ were a bit bs in the last 10 minutes, handed the game to the Blues.

In saying that though the Blues played pretty damn good as well and looked the real deal.

I cant believe they've made changes to the maul and behind the hind most feet rules but not players taking out guys ahead of the ruck???? Its been blatant the last few seasons players know they can just do it willy nilly all over the show!?

Was impressed for the most part with Hall and West. Gibson looks a real find, New Zealand just keeps on producing 7's. Ioane tried, but was largely ineffective I thought. Highlanders were extremely unlucky towards the end, but as Blues are my Kiwi team, will happily take it.

Said it before and I'll say it again Glen Jackson should not be an International referee, comes off a poor performance in the 6N then comes and produces this, NZ have constantly produced the worst refs in the last decade.

Unhappy...that is all

Edit: actually, do people think Osbourne should have been sent off? Thought there was an acceptance with "is the ball in or out" that from someone viewpoint it can look like its out when it's not and so a penalty would have been sufficient, card seems harsh

Last edited:
Sopoago look like he's carrying a bit of extra weight, or has he always been bottom heavy?

Unhappy...that is all

Edit: actually, do people think Osbourne should have been sent off? Thought there was an acceptance with "is the ball in or out" that from someone viewpoint it can look like its out when it's not and so a penalty would have been sufficient, card seems harsh

Could be considered a bit harsh, and from what I remember it was near halfway?

Latest posts