Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Crusaders.png
Versus%20Super.png
Blues.png

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 08:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Blues to edge this and record their first win in CHCH since 2004 when Spencer infamously and memorably gave the Cantabs the finger.

Gibson is a breathe of fresh air and West is a sharp operator, this Blues team actually has some depth and creativity and with Kaino coming back in now have some valuable experience. Being able to bring Ioane off the bench is a great attacking option.

Tuipoluto has been fantastic and was missed for the All Blacks in the 2015 RWC, he's far superior to Romano.

Read to me was prematurely named AB captain, I thought Shag might have waited a little longer to see if he can regain form, because to me, he's currently not AB captain material.

Blues 29 - 24

At long last the Blues are playing to their potential... do I smell some Umaga there...
Would love to see the Ioane brothers together

Just a reminder to everyone that the Blues won their first two games (with bonus points) against the Hurricanes and Crusaders in 2013, the year Kirwan took over as coach.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves!

Just a reminder to everyone that the Blues won their first two games (with bonus points) against the Hurricanes and Crusaders in 2013, the year Kirwan took over as coach.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves!

Yes, but Tana is not Kirwan is he?

Tana actually talks about Rugby and not rainbows and patting every bloke on the back and positive energy flowing through the Earth and through the feet of the players to bring the good vibes karma back to the cuzzie bros and power them forward with mana and being an iwi.

Yes, but Tana is not Kirwan is he?

Tana actually talks about Rugby and not rainbows and patting every bloke on the back and positive energy flowing through the Earth and through the feet of the players to bring the good vibes karma back to the cuzzie bros and power them forward with mana and being an iwi.

Love it. Where have you been all my - Internet - life?

Teams:
Crusaders
15 David Havili, 14 Jone Macilai, 13 Sean Wainui, 12 Kieron Fonotia, 11 Nemani Nadolo, 10 Richie Mo'unga, 9 Andy Ellis, 8 Kieran Read, 7 Tim Boys, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Sam Whitelock (captain), 4 Scott Barrett, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Joe Moody
Substitutes: 16 Ben Funnell, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Mike Alaalatoa, 19 Jimmy Tupou, 20 Pete Samu, 21 Leon Fukofuka, 22 Ben Volavola, 23 Johnny McNicholl
Blues
15 Matt Duffie, 14 Melani Nanai, 13 Rene Ranger, 12 George Moala, 11 Tevita Li, 10 Matt McGahan, 9 Billy Guyton, 8 Steven Luatua, 7 Blake Gibson, 6 Jerome Kaino (captain), 5 Josh Bekhuis, 4 Patrick Tuipulotu, 3 Sione Mafileo, 2 Quentin MacDonald, 1 Ofa Tu'ungafasi
Substitutes: 16 James Parsons, 17 Sam Prattley, 18 Charlie Faumuina, 19 Akira Ioane, 20 Kara Pryor, 21 Bryn Hall, 22 Ihaia West, 23 Male Sa'u

Crusaders by 10 points. I don't feel that the Crusaders are that bad of a side. They will get their combo's right and prove to be a real force to be reckoned with. I think we will see a much improved Red and Black side

Very, very interesting changes from Tana. Strange time to be experimenting with combo's isn't it? I thought Hall and West both had solid first hit outs, wouldn't you like them to get a few games under their belt first up before testing your depth? Especially in such crucial positions.

On paper the blues are the better side, but home ground advantage and a new halves pairing could tip the scales. my moneys on blues.

blues getting dominated in set piece, especially scrums, dont know why faumuina and parsons on the bench. richie mo'unga looks lethal. 10 - 3 to the crusaders.

The new halfback combo backfiring on the Blues big time. Doesn't help they're getting destroyed scrum time.

Looks like blues of last season! No one's hitting the ball at depth with pace. Standing still going side to side. Helter skelter at lineouts and scrum. Indecision. They seem very flat an unfired up like they don't want to be there! No talk. Bryn Hall needs to come on and inject some enthusiasm! West needs to come on and hit that ball with pace to the line. Parsons and faumuina for scrum time. I've always rated Quentin McDonald bug bloke doesn't seem to know the lineout calls

Matt Duffie has also had a nightmare of a first half. Been quiet in attack and when involved has been dreadful.

Thank god for Super rugby won't see a half of just penalty kicks and penalty tries.

;)

You will as long as Blackadder is in charge of the sadders.

I must say it does appear to be working for them quite well in this game.... BUT I also get the feeling the blues could score a couple of tries out of nothing and pip them at the end unless the Crusaders unleash.

finally hall and parsons on. just need ioane and west.

Thank goodness that 10 is off! He is not a super rugby player. Now let's see what West can do

Latest posts