7 Rodrigo Báez
6 Pablo Matera
5 Tomás Lavanini
4 Guido Petti
3 Ramiro Herrera
2 Julián Montoya
1 Santiago García Botta

Reserves:

16 Facundo Bosch, 17 Roberto Tejerizo, 18 Enrique Pieretto, 19 Juan Cruz Guillemaín, 20 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 21 Gonzalo Bertranou, 22 Jerónimo de la Fuente, 23 Joaquín Paz.

Hurricanes starting XV:

15 Jason Woodward
14 Cory Jane
13 Willis Halaholo
12 Ngani Laumape
11 Julian Savea
10 Bauden Barrett
9 TJ Perenara
8 Victor Vito
7 Ardie Savea
6 Brad Shields
5 Blade Thomson
4 Michael Fatialofa
3 Jeff To'omaga-Allen
2 Dane Coles (c)
1 Reggie Goodes.

Reserves:

16 Motu Matu'u, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Ben May, 19 Vaea Fifita, 20 Callum Gibbins, 21 Jamison Gibson-Park, 22 Otere Black, 23 Matt Proctor.

Last edited:
Outstanding job!

- - - Updated - - -

What a stupid way to ruin the first half.

The ref was pretty poor, is he a kiwi or auzzie?

Last night the Sunwolves got a red card for an incident very similar to what Dan Cole did yet no penalty was even awarded. Bad joke!

...way to rise to the occasion Jules... and answer those fickle fans/ critics in such emphatic style...the Bus copped similar criticism last year by many before the RWC but went on to score more tries than anyone else lest we forget...have some faith...

Bah. I generally dont complain about refs but we got screwed on a few key calls. Min 58-60 there was a clear charge from their hooker that was not only penalty but yellow card too. Ref appeared to judge off sides quite differently depending on who had the ball, too.

I have to say I've been hugely disappointed with the performances of the Jaguars so far, they have been absolutely terrible. I don't buy the argument that they have entertained with their style of rugby. They have, but it counts for absolutely nothing because they haven't put the points on the board. In my opinion, their coach must accept the responsibility for dictating such a risky and naive game plan, placing more importance on running the ball from every area of the field before ensuring that the Jags have the skills to do so. I'm being harsh because even the NZ franchises realise their limitations in this respect and will only attack from deep when it makes sense to do so. Otherwise, they'll play it safe, as they should.

Let me balance this argument by stating that the Jaguars have the talent to go deep in this competition in future years. That chance has gone this year for several key reasons. They lack composure when they create try scoring chances, doing all the hard work bar finishing. Moves usually break down because of a knock on by Lavannini or Montoya and often result in scores for the opposition. Landajo should stop passing to Lavannini until he learns how to retain possession in and out of contact. The axis of a quality team is there: Herrera, Senatore, Landajo and Sanchez are all top class.

On a side note, I found today's commentators, Nesbitt and Mehrtens as ignorant as New Zealand commentators have ever tended to be. Lazy stereotypes and a lack of research on the opposition, contrasted with a level of knowledge that rarely exceeds their own national borders. Said Mehrtens of the Argentinians: you expect these guys "to have a good goalkicker and a strong scrum". If he'd watched any footage of Argentinian rugby, at any level over the last few years, he'd realise that cliche has gone the way of other New Zealand-derived stereotypes such as "the Scottish/Irish will play with great passion (and not much else)"; "the French will play with flair" and "the English will try to beat you up with their big pack". Wake up New Zealand, there is a rich and diverse rugby world beyond your own parochial borders.

Wake up New Zealand, there is a rich and diverse rugby world beyond your own parochial borders.

Wake up New Zealand? Perhaps beat the All Blacks or make a statement at franchise level then it might make it easier to notice things. I don't think we need to wake up, I think other teams need to make bigger louder statements.

Wake up New Zealand? Perhaps beat the All Blacks or make a statement at franchise level then it might make it easier to notice things. I don't think we need to wake up, I think other teams need to make bigger louder statements.

That's fine. NZ are the best, no one will argue against that but a little bit of knowledge on the opposition wouldn't go amiss from time to time. If you want to have that attitude, why not just disband cross border competition and play against yourselves in the NPC ad nauseam. This isn't about making any sort of "statement" at franchise or international level or even about the quality of others' play. Why would you assume it is?

That's fine. NZ are the best, no one will argue against that but a little bit of knowledge on the opposition wouldn't go amiss from time to time. If you want to have that attitude, why not just disband cross border competition and play against yourselves in the NPC ad nauseam. This isn't about making any sort of "statement" at franchise or international level or even about the quality of others' play. Why would you assume it is?

I wouldn't worry too much about Nesbitt and Merts, Merts is reasonably new to the panel and he's still got a long way to go, he's a bit of a Justin Marshall and Murray Mixstead. Guys like Ian Jones would know a lot about Argentinian rugby.

On a side note, I found today's commentators, Nesbitt and Mehrtens as ignorant as New Zealand commentators have ever tended to be.
Ignorance i can understand/tolerate. What i found annoying was that in the first half, there was a NZ player go the ball, slided out of the field and then threw it away from the jaguares player that wanted to catch the ball. When a similar instance happens but the jaguares' player goes out of his way to put the ball away, the commentators (and the entire stadium tbh) cry foul. The double standard the commentators had kinda ruined the broadcast for me, even during the first half when the game was close.

Ignorance i can understand/tolerate. What i found annoying was that in the first half, there was a NZ player go the ball, slided out of the field and then threw it away from the jaguares player that wanted to catch the ball. When a similar instance happens but the jaguares' player goes out of his way to put the ball away, the commentators (and the entire stadium tbh) cry foul. The double standard the commentators had kinda ruined the broadcast for me, even during the first half when the game was close.

I agree with you but my comments on the broadcast team are really only secondary to the main issue of the Jags being their own worst enemy. Their record so far has been truly terrible, regardless of losing margins and I'm just glad that this is not English soccer where Perez and Contepomi would already have been removed from their positions. Thankfully, they will be given time to clean up this absolute mess but I would hope the Jags start winning sooner, rather than later. Whatever about away losses, losing in Buenos Aires is almost unacceptable.

HA, welcome to Super Rugby. You get the same from Kearns and Kafer in Australia and when you go to SA. Of course they will compliment nice play from foreign opposition, but that's just so they can keep their jobs.

Kearns is actually the worst and everyone else is really tame in comparison.

I'm watching this game very carefully. I saw only the last 20 minutes of the game in the morning. I can't believe the last minutes of the first half. The Canes made points easily.

Oh, I forget it. I hate Julian Savea :p

What a try by Dane Coles at the 56 minutes! Respect

Latest posts