Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Hurricanes.png
Versus%20Super.png
K9WX3W0.png

Venue: Westpac Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

No expectations at all about this match, really disappointed about the Jaguares' performance so far. Anyway, hoping we can have some of our top players that didn't play against Blues last weekend for this match.

We're clearly not favourites for this one which, oddly enough, might en up working for us. As things stand, we've got nothing to lose. The lads will throw everything but the sink on this one.

51bCEo2BVML._AC_UL320_SR238,320_.jpg

How do you pronounce Jaguares in Spanish please? Is it, in English and phonetically: Ha-gu-wear-as?

Last edited:
How do tiu pronounce Jaguares in Spanish please? Is it, in English and phonetically: Ha-gu-wear-as?

"JA-GU-A-RES"
--1--2--3---4

1 "HA" of Happy
2 "GU" of Gus Fring (Breaking Bad)
3 "A" of Apple
4 "GUESS" but the R instead of G

This could be a good match to watch. Pitty I'm going to have to catch either highlights or sneak peaks.

Cheers had to play it a few times, as it is said very quickly.

That was funny, but I think GU is more like Goo in Google than Gu in Gus.

Makes sense. In breaking bad the Mexicans prononce his name Goostavo, rather than Gus-tavo.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was funny, but I think GU is more like Goo in Google than Gu in Gus.

Probably, but I don't hear a lot of difference between "JA-GUA-RES" and "JA-GOA-RES". If you pronounce quickly is almost the same :eek:

I would go with ha-goo-are- es
ha happy
goo goose
are are
es estimated

Last edited:
I see we're all staying well away from tackling the tricky subject of the Spanish "J" sound ...

Or is it different in Argentinian Spanish, is it actually the same as an English "H"?

I see we're all staying well away from tackling the tricky subject of the Spanish "J" sound ...

Or is it different in Argentinian Spanish, is it actually the same as an English "H"?

Pretty much, it's actually like a strong "H".

First match I'm skipping. No will to wake up 4am to watch a thrashing.

Latest posts