• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Hurricanes vs. Lions (The Final) 06/08/2016

Both Barrett and TJ kicking the ball away for literally no ****ing reason. That last play from Barrett... WHY???????? WHY?

Didnt see much else on TBH... he should of done that a bit earlier in the game I reckon. Canes probably didnt kick tactically quite as well as they should have in the first half. But their scrum is going great under the circumstances which is a huge surprise.

Both Barrett and TJ kicking the ball away for literally no ****ing reason. That last play from Barrett... WHY???????? WHY?

Better off kicking too much than too little today, think both teams are showing why.

Lions need to find a way to diffuse the rush defence! Although Hurricanes offside a few times. Right now Lions going backwards, need to front up physically.

Jantjies playing like a little pussy, needs to man up, Barrett the difference again

Lions somehow still in this and Hurricanes looking beatable. Lions were too late to adjust to the short kicking game and that might not work in the second half with the wind behind them. They need to realise there are no bonus points in the final, kick penalties and only try to be expansive in the Hurricanes half, when it is safe to do so. Lions can pull this off but only if they play tactically.

- - - Updated - - -

Are the Lions even drying the ball before taking a lineout? Argh, Rensburg!

Fantastic kick by Barrett. I think the Hurricanes will relax now and could pull away. They were starting to look nervous at only one score.

Lions need a try to stay with in the game cause if Hurricanes score now it's game over. Jantjies having a poor game so far.

Cant believe Van rensburg is only 21 he has a huge future ahead of him. Ridiculous ball carrys.

Ooph! Faff's tackle. I can see 13-3 being the final score. Wind doesn't seem to be behind Lions now so its hard to see what their tactics should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Right decision to kick even though he missed it. Hard to see how the Lions can win this without a try now. And hard to see them getting one. Hurricanes defence top rate.

- - - Updated - - -

I love Barret's attitude. He doesn't make a meal out of a hard tackle.

- - - Updated - - -

And the champ gets his reward. Fitting.

Once again, Barrett has **** the bed in a major game. Just happens to be there at the right time... Again. This has really been awful rugby though.

This is why Jantjies is not the Bok 10 does not have the BMT needed , well done Hurricanes

I know there's a big taboo around racial points, but is it me, or do mixed race and black players from South Africa seem to play even worse in these conditions. Garth April last time, Jantjies and Mapoe this time, I don't think I can recall two worse fly half performances than April then and Jantjies today

I know there's a big taboo around racial points, but is it me, or do mixed race and black players from South Africa seem to play even worse in these conditions. Garth April last time, Jantjies and Mapoe this time, I don't think I can recall two worse fly half performances than April then and Jantjies today

I dont think race have anything to do with it

- - - Updated - - -

Problem we have is that for some reason , we SA teams think that if you fall behind on the scoreboard you have to kick more

How often do you believe they play in the wet, ugly, conditions?

I said last week when they beat the HL easily that Jantjies isnt as good as he's been looking. Under any pressure he flakes out. To be fair to the Lions though I think there coach has made a number of errors dropping the game in arg and the tactics in this match are major FAILS. They should learn alot from this though for next year.

If it were a race issue there would be a better 10 in the reserves or something and I assume theres not so its not a race issue.

Last edited:
Beauden Barrett is a freak! The best player in the world ATM

Latest posts