• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Hurricanes vs. Sharks (QF) 23/07/2016

Im not a Barrett fan but even I have to admit he's been impressive at times this season. When a flyhalf comes into this sort of form I would think it would be hard for Hansen to deny him.

40 minutes with a gale behind them = 0 points for the Sharks. Tells you everything you need to know.

Ahw Man ! Just feels like everything is going against us. Handling errors, the wind, the ref and our own players especially April.

Barrett best player on the pitch, April the worst. April's left 9 points on the tee (albeit in awful conditions), but what's annoyed me more was his giving away of a penalty bang in front to give the Canes the lead, and his awful kicks to touch, making the Sharks' driving mauls much more difficult.

The Sharks could win this game, they're winning collisions, and the conditions suit them. But South African teams don't just lack the skills of Kiwi teams, they also seem to be more stupid. Their pick and go's around the fringes worked brilliantly, until the beast did a ridiculous double movement, and since then they haven't tried it. Two nice tries in awful weather from the Hurricanes, they're playing some great rugby at the moment. Barrett's playing the best I've ever seen.

Got a feeling the Sharks will end up with 0 here playing into the wind. Canes for the ***le.

Barrett to me is clearly ahead of the alternatives. I don't know why all the onus is on the 10 in NZ to take penalty kicks. A lot of northern hemisphere teams have the 9 take them and surely there is one back (not a ten) in the whole of NZ that can kick penalties? It'd be tragic if arguably the best (and most entertaining) fly half in world rugby doesn't get a shot due to his below average penalty kicking.

Less seriously, I could not make out a word the Canes scrum half said at halftime. I've seen anyone speak that fast!

- - - Updated - - -

Awful kick by Le Roux. Hurricanes blowing them away in a Sharknado. :p

My word the Sharks are terrible, they're lucky these conditions are bad or this could've been a complete massacre. The Canes are playing some pretty amazing rugby given the weather. I remember the first game against the Brumbies, absolutely battered. The hangover of losing last year in the final at home. The loss of Nonu and Smith. Savea's drop in form. I thought they were the 4th best Kiwi franchise. Very impressive since. Big favourites for the ***le in my eyes now.

Where is the Canes crowd? That's the reason why they never won a ***le lol

Hmm getting worried now. This canes side is better than I thought. I think they have addressed a few areas where the HL might have bested them last year aswell.

Claassens was awful. Is that the same one who was at Bath? Deary me.

This has been a tactical kicking masterclass from Barrett

Pretty faultless from the Hurricanes. Didn't even miss a beat after their captain went off injured. Massive advantage of winning their conference will show next week, able to rest their stars after 60 mins when their NZ rivals (if they get through) will probably have had dogfights.

Just 17,895 supporters for a playoff game. I hate the Canes supporters

Last edited:
This is the best performance I've ever seen in a playoff (Hurricanes) or is the worst performance I've ever seen in a playoff (Sharks) or both lol

What a humiliating end. Probably the best performance in atrocious conditions that I've ever seen.

I have this policy to never stop watching the game no matter how my team is doing. It was very difficult to see this game out. Well done to the Hurrricanes they were by far the better team on the day. I just don't know what the Sharks were thinking in their approach to this game.

Latest posts