• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Sharks vs. Jaguares (Round 2) 05/03/2016

Looking forward to this clash. My tip is with the Jaguares. At this stage of the season I feel that the Argentina national team chemistry should help give the Jaguares the confidence and the ability to overwelm the sharks. Jaguares by 13+

I'd like to see our line-up before making a prediction. For now I'm more inclined to think it'll be a loss.

Sharks team for the weekend:

15. Willie le Roux, 14. Odwa Ndungane, 13. Paul Jordaan, 12. Andre Esterhuizen, 11. JP Pietersen, 10. Joe Pietersen, 9. Cobus Reinach, 8. Daniel du Preez , 7. Jean-Luc du Preez, 6. Marcell Coetzee, 5. Stephan Lewies, 4. Etienne Oosthuizen, 3. Coenie Oosthuizen, 2. Franco Marais, 1. Tendai Mtawarira (captain)
Substitutes: 16. Kyle Cooper, 17. Juan Schoeman, 18. Lourens Adriaanse, 19. Hyron Andrews, 20. Philip van der Walt, 21. Michael Claassens, 22. Garth April, 23. S’bura Sithole

The only changes from last week coming in the form of JP Pietersen and Lewies. Still not convinced with Joe Pietersen at flyhalf, but we don't really have much of a choice at the moment. Hoping April gets a run should we be in a position to be able to afford to do so. Would also like to see Sithole get some decent game time as I really rate the guy.

All in all it's still a decent lineup and I actually expect them to sneak a win here. I expect the Jags are still a couple of games away from fully finding their form and gelling as a unit, so tipping the Sharks by a margin of 5.

I am really hoping for a fun and exiting game! For a neutral it would be nice to have a end to end attacking game but as a Shark i hope we keep them in their half. Guys where are your predictions for the game?
Last season the sharks had 14 Springboks now i only count 5 so i guess the players has something to prove with the june window in mind, Not that a springbok coach is going to watch the game since there is no one.

I would prefer Sithole in place of Ndungane. But looks like the old man knows how to work his way into the team. He is probably the only guy who has been in the sharks team consistently since 2006 and still making the starting lineup. He might not be a game breaker but he is loyal and that should count for something.

Does anyone think that Carriza will join up with the Jaguares at some stage or is he not in the national plans anymore?

Sharks starting XV:

15. Willie le Roux , 14. Odwa Ndungane , 13. Paul Jordaan , 12. Andre Esterhuizen , 11. JP Pietersen , 10. Joe Pietersen , 9. Cobus Reinach , 8. Daniel du Preez , 7. Jean-Luc du Preez , 6. Maroetzee , 5. Stephan Lewies , 4. Etienne Oosthuizen , 3. Coenie Oosthuizen , 2. Franco Marais , 1. Tendai Mtawarira (C)

Reserves:

16. Kyle Cooper , 17. Juan Schoeman , 18. Lourens Adriaanse , 19. Hyron Andrews , 20. Philip van der Walt , 21. Michael Claassens , 22. Garth April , 23. S’bura Sithole

I am really hoping for a fun and exiting game! For a neutral it would be nice to have a end to end attacking game but as a Shark i hope we keep them in their half. Guys where are your predictions for the game?
Last season the sharks had 14 Springboks now i only count 5 so i guess the players has something to prove with the june window in mind, Not that a springbok coach is going to watch the game since there is no one.

I would prefer Sithole in place of Ndungane. But looks like the old man knows how to work his way into the team. He is probably the only guy who has been in the sharks team consistently since 2006 and still making the starting lineup. He might not be a game breaker but he is loyal and that should count for something.

Does anyone think that Carriza will join up with the Jaguares at some stage or is he not in the national plans anymore?

carizza joined a french team he will not be playng for the jaguares or pumas at least for this year

Jaguares starting XV:

Attachments

• 1457024163531.jpg
    1457024163531.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 21
Im not too confident on a Jaguare's victory, for 2 reasons: Jaguares showed that they need a few more games to reach a good level, and secondly, in this game we will miss Tuculet, De la Fuente, and Lavanini, specially against a tougher opponent than cheetahs.

- - - Updated - - -

carizza joined a french team he will not be playng for the jaguares or pumas at least for this year

Carizza had personal problems with Hourcade and his team, so his time in Los pumas / jaguares is over, at least until a new coach takes over.

God, it's like watching soccer with these Argies and their constant appealing.

Last edited:
Try after a rolling maul of Sharks

Sharks 10 - Jaguares 7

12 minutes

Joe Pietersen is just not cut out for flyhalf.

- - - Updated - - -

And Odwa isn't cut out for Super rugby. Hasn't been for years. Calm head sure, but the guy is so far off pace it's ridiculous.

Latest posts