• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Sharks vs. Jaguares (Round 2) 05/03/2016

it's just amazing how cordero beat the shark wing. he looked like in slow motion

Thing is he's never even been particular quick, but a 'safe' option. When you have someone like Sithole on the bench, you I think is Bok material, there is just no need to be playing with an automatic disadvantage in Odwa.
i dont think so he tends to have bad handling too so lose the ball many times when it ends up on wing.
sithole has shown he has good handling and has a better attacking game.

The Sharks maul is a big big truble for the Jags. They can't find a solution.

i dont think so he tends to have bad handling too so lose the ball many times when it ends up on wing.
sithole has shown he has good handling and has a better attacking game.

In the past he certainly has been. He was decent enough in every category, high ball, positioning etc. Considering the flash in the pans we've had on the wing in the past, it makes sense for him to have played as many games, but time has caught up, and we now do have better options.

If you're yellow carded is overtime counted towards your ten mins? Or does it only follow the clock?

What a dreadful, dreadful call.

- - - Updated - - -

Sharks need to dedicate the upcoming week in training entirely to holding on to the ball!

- - - Updated - - -

No arms in Codero's tackle. Very, very dangerous. Seen yellows for less.

What a turnover won by Coetzee!!! He's the South African David Pocock

We run out of gas. Also we realy miss some of the players that stayed in Europe. Yet better than expected.

Was a well contested game. Both teams handling let them down. Im betting on the jaguares beating the chiefs next weekend

The Jaguares must to improve their discipline. 2 yellow cards is too much disadvantage at this level

Not bad, I thought we were going to lose by a bigger margin.

With Hernández, Tuculet, Lavanini, Leguizamón, De la Fuente and co. recovered we beat Chiefs 100% sure and maybe why not Stormers too.

Well, a win is a win, and against the Jag's, i'll take it. We were however really, really poor. Handling was atrocious, but lucky enough the Jags battled to hold on to the ball as well. Our set piece for the most part was dominate, and defense second half was suffocating which was pleasing. Was impressed with the Jags ability to find holes and create space. Their discipline again letting them down, but unlike last week it fortunately didn't cost them. Am backing them to see off the Chiefs at home.

Coetzee was immense for me, and will be a great loss once he leaves for Ulster. Was impressed with the du Preez boys for the most part, but they are very, very raw and their handling needs to improve tremendously. Joe P had a so so game for mine. His goal kicking and his play as first receiver was very good, but his general kicking and final pass, option taking were poor. Odwa was dreadful, and Esterhuizen didn't inspire either. Sithole has to start next week.

Last edited:
Jaguares vs Chiefs isn't next weekend, Chiefs will visit Kings next week then go to Argentina while Jaguares will just rest two weeks.

Nice arm wrestle. Looking at the draw I thought we might loose this one. Jags looking like they could be very punishing in the future. Sharks looking in better shape, hoping we can improve though it looks like a balance is starting to form between the fowards and backs finally.

Marcell Coetzee, Duane Vermeulen and Warren Whiteley is a hell of a loose forward trio.

Will Vermeulen play in the RC?

EDIT: Might I add, I was really impressed with the Sharks pack this game, they really played well.

Last edited:

Latest posts