• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Sharks vs. Jaguares (Round 2) 05/03/2016

Even I can outrun Ndungane. The guy needs to hang up his boots.

Tbh, i dont think he was trying. He never saw cordero coming and that's why he thought he had more time. Pretty sure his mistake was more due to being careless than simply slow.

Comparable to football in New Zealand. Amateur-level.

New Zealand have been to the World Cup twice and drew with the then world champions Italy in 2010 and the whole National team is professional and has a fully professional team in the A-League as well as players who captain English Premier League teams, Winston Reid and Ryan Nelsen. It's not quite as bad as you think :)

Good effort from the Jags, I didn't catch all the game, it's a shame they couldn't get over the line for a 2nd time though, what a positive start for them, a win and a narrow loss on their first tour of South Africa is really positive, they're likely to win those games in Argentina as well.

Good effort from the Jags, I didn't catch all the game, it's a shame they couldn't get over the line for a 2nd time though, what a positive start for them, a win and a narrow loss on their first tour of South Africa is really positive, they're likely to win those games in Argentina as well.

I agree, to get one win and a bonus point loss playing away from home its a positive start indeed.

And even if we didn play well against Sharks, its good to see that even in a bad day we can compete and even beat one of the top 3 team of SA.

Now, how relevant is to play at home?
I know its a factor that should be considered, but to what extent?
For example, most members of Jaguares have never played in Velez Stadium.

I think there's three main differences:

1 - The players are near their family, sleep in a place they know and are comfortable, instead of an Hotel

2 - The crowd pressure, and that is something that can swing both ways

3 - The travel times for the away team.

In this case, Chiefs will play the Kings in South Africa a week before the match, while the Jaguares have the bye week so the will have been at Buenos Aires for at least 10 days, maybe more.

I think first and foremost it's the psychological comfort of familiar surroundings

Latest posts