• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Not really poor form though is it?
Not at all, I'm just taking the ****, but I don't get what Ulster have done that's anything special?
Employed him?
Sound, like. He doesn't owe them anything, It's not like he's some home grown academy talent, he's just a merc.

That's how i see it.

The rule in a swinger party is that you don't try to steel someone elses partner which Wasps did.
Isn't that literally the point of swinging? Like a girl pulls the keys to my mobility scooter from a bowl and she's contractually obliged to give me a hug behind Spar if there's no security cameras, while some poor dude is taking home my anime body pillow?
I digress, I think that if Bristol are to be successful in any form in the next few years they should tone down the huge money spending and bring in guys likely to stick around of a lower profile. I think that squad has some real stars but would still be filleted by most top sides. I imagine they'll move to fix that soon though, Also unrelated, but holy cow Bristol is gonna have the go ahead to make their own haka soon with all the islanders on the roster.

Isn't that literally the point of swinging? Like a girl pulls the keys to my mobility scooter from a bowl and she's contractually obliged to give me a hug behind Spar if there's no security cameras, while some poor dude is taking home my anime body pillow?
I digress, I think that if Bristol are to be successful in any form in the next few years they should tone down the huge money spending and bring in guys likely to stick around of a lower profile. I think that squad has some real stars but would still be filleted by most top sides. I imagine they'll move to fix that soon though, Also unrelated, but holy cow Bristol is gonna have the go ahead to make their own haka soon with all the islanders on the roster.

No.
The point of swinging is sharing is caring but for one night only BUT when Ulster tried to share with Wasps, Wasps then developed feelings and tried to take Ulsters girl from under it's nose.
WHICH IS NOT ON AND BREAKS THE CODE OF SWINGING!!!!!!

I can see most good EQP players being pinch from Bristol soonish and most of the squad will be top Non-EQP with squad EQP players. The tight 5 and 9 is very average currently.

Feel sorry for the championship clubs though.

No.
The point of swinging is sharing is caring but for one night only BUT when Ulster tried to share with Wasps, Wasps then developed feelings and tried to take Ulsters girl from under it's nose.

I can see most good EQP players being pinch from Bristol soonish and most of the squad will be top Non-EQP with squad EQP players. The tight 5 and 9 is very average currently.

Wasn't Tj Perenara heavily linked at one point?

Refuse to release him so he could play where he wanted (Wasps)?
They backed him for that year, When he arrived they went above and beyond to help him settle, were paying him very well with the intention of building around him.
Wasps simply couldn't buy him out of a contract and throw money at the problem. That was issue there.

No.

Most of Bristol's EQP aren't all that special though TBH.

I'm sure Searle and Hurrell would probably be in demand but not too many more? Robinson is OK I guess.

Most of Bristol's EQP aren't all that special though TBH.

I'm sure Searle and Hurrell would probably be in demand but not too many more? Robinson is OK I guess.
I can see Bristol buying in 5-6 superstars and padding the squad out with filler, as a plan whilst most squads will take a hit during internationals, if they go down the AB/NZ route they'll be pretty much full complement every week barring injuries...

Good lord, they really are going for it aren't they. How long before financial fair play is brought in? Bristol are doing a Man City/PSG.

Look out if they don't get promoted this coming season!

They backed him for that year, When he arrived they went above and beyond to help him settle, were paying him very well with the intention of building around him.
Wasps simply couldn't buy him out of a contract and throw money at the problem. That was issue there.

Also he started to get really lazy for Ulster in the second half of the season. Unsure if he was carrying an injury, but there were times where he's lack of effort was astonishing. I wasnt 100% sure, but it looks like really all he cared about was the money

Have a look at him from 20 secs in

If thats what he'll produce effort wise, I'd rather have good old Jakey stockdale. That boy is developing fast, he's a monster

Also he started to get really lazy for Ulster in the second half of the season. Unsure if he was carrying an injury, but there were times where he's lack of effort was astonishing. I wasnt 100% sure, but it looks like really all he cared about was the money

Have a look at him from 20 secs in

If thats what he'll produce effort wise, I'd rather have good old Jakey stockdale. That boy is developing fast, he's a monster

Personally myself I think he's a good player but never hit the heights he did in his year at Wasps. But from Ulster POV I wouldn't be too upset.
Plenty of talent there at the moment, I'm sure they will also sign a replacement in back 3 and lastly if it was a forward I'd be saying well but to be fair Ulster are producing quality centres and back 3 guys the last few years and I expect that to continue.

Would you leave a job you're in for only a year if somebody was offering to double your pay for doing the exact same thing? He joined Ulster for the fat contract in the hope of setting himself up for life. He's joining Bristol for the same reason. Charles Piutau has been nothing if not consistent. He's be crazy to turn down the money on offer from Bristol out of perceived loyalty to a place he's only been for 12 months. Bristol have signed a fantastic attacking talent.

What a turnaround for Pat Lam. From holding out the begging bowl at Connacht and being annoyed (rightly or wrongly) at the treatment from the Irish union, to now being able to buy anyone at any price.

I'm surprised he hasn't been tempted to raid some Irish players out of petty vengeance!

What a turnaround for Pat Lam. From holding out the begging bowl at Connacht and being annoyed (rightly or wrongly) at the treatment from the Irish union, to now being able to buy anyone at any price.

I'm surprised he hasn't been tempted to raid some Irish players out of petty vengeance!
Take who from Ireland? No one with any ambitions of playing for this country that's for sure. Reckon if Aki hadn't signed on again for Connacht (allegedly under promises from Lam that he'd be staying), he may have tempted him across, but I don't know. He's very close to IQ now.

Take who from Ireland? No one with any ambitions of playing for this country that's for sure. Reckon if Aki hadn't signed on again for Connacht (allegedly under promises from Lam that he'd be staying), he may have tempted him across, but I don't know. He's very close to IQ now.

I'm only joshing about Lam and Ireland really. But at those sort of salary levels I don't think it can be more than a year or two until we see the likes of a "Gatlands Law" even in New Zealand.

It's probably only the proximity of the next RWC that is preventing a mass exodus of players to England and France. The unions won't have that carrot to dangle infront of players come season 2020/21.

And also, Tiernan O'Halloran! :p

Latest posts