• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

I'm not sure I'd agree with Gloucester not having home grown options coming through in the pack?

They had Mullis, Walker, Knight and Seville in the U20 World Cup squad and Ludlow who was good last season. All home grown AFAIK?

Ackermann will be a quality addition though and will likely occupy the hole Fearns didn't fill.

Who is the reserve 8 now Kalamafoni's gone?

Not so much about coming through as what's needed for this season and U20s ain't getting it done (yet).
Ludlow has had a fair bit of first team action and he's coming on ok but IMHO, he has a long way to go - put it this way, our main blindside options at Moriarty or Ludlow. One you're picking every week, the other you're picking when there's no one else (e.g. Evans). At best he's a half decent six, definitely not a 7 (he's been tired there - it hasn't worked).

Fearns was always gonna struggle to fill holes if he didn't turn up :)

Kalamafoni didn't play much at 8 really, he was mostly at 6 (loved him at 8 personally - his best position for my money). Morgan is first choice (obviously), Moriarty is probably second (although he hasn't played there much for us). Other choices are Gareth Evans (quality if he can stay fit) or Freddie Clarke (unproven but promising).
I just don't know enough about Ruan Ackerman to comment - I hear good things but...

Not so much about coming through as what's needed for this season and U20s ain't getting it done (yet).
Ludlow has had a fair bit of first team action and he's coming on ok but IMHO, he has a long way to go - put it this way, our main blindside options at Moriarty or Ludlow. One you're picking every week, the other you're picking when there's no one else (e.g. Evans). At best he's a half decent six, definitely not a 7 (he's been tired there - it hasn't worked).

Fearns was always gonna struggle to fill holes if he didn't turn up :)

Kalamafoni didn't play much at 8 really, he was mostly at 6 (loved him at 8 personally - his best position for my money). Morgan is first choice (obviously), Moriarty is probably second (although he hasn't played there much for us). Other choices are Gareth Evans (quality if he can stay fit) or Freddie Clarke (unproven but promising).
I just don't know enough about Ruan Ackerman to comment - I hear good things but...

That's fair. I'm curious to see that Jake Polledri has attracted almost 0 attention. He was excellent for Hartpury and looked good in the 7s. I appreciate the Premiership is a big step-up, but personally, I think he will prove to be a good signing.

Not sure what Gloucester's best back row is now?

6. Moriarty 7. Ackermann 8. Morgan?
6. Ludlow 7. Rowan 8. Evans?

Henshaw to Bristol.......

Where did you see that?

How come no-ones mentioned Lealiifano to Ulster? Interesting signing IMO, good short-term cover (hopefully) for Paddy Jackson/but probably better at 12 if/when Paddy returns.

Anthony Perenise: Bristol --> Bath

Was always great to watch when he was playing for Bath, if he can perform similarly again, then it's a great signing. Getting on a bit now though.

Anthony Perenise returns for Bath - 1 year contract: https://www.bathrugby.com/news/perenise-re-joins-bath-rugby-for-201718-campaign/

Good call IMO, with Thomas and Lahiff missing the first part of teh season with injuries, and Knight picking up a tweak, that was leaving us with KPN as the only senior THP for us.
In his day he'd have been ahead of Lahiff and Knight, and challenging Thomas too - let's hope his time with Brizz hasn't dissolved his skills too much.

He's what? 34? with a few years spent resting his body in the championship - should be fine... so long as he still has the fire in his belly.

Ciaran Parker from Sale to Munster
@TRF_Olyy gotta respect a young lad with ambition in life eh?
He's IQ and only on a Development deal but he seen a big chance as we light on ground in prop area. Didn't realise he was there in 2015 European game between us. Played well for Leeds in clips I saw of videos last year

He's IQ and only on a Development deal but he seen a big chance as we light on ground in prop area. Didn't realise he was there in 2015 European game between us. Played well for Leeds in clips I saw of videos last year
All Munster need is for him to be better than Stephen Archer. If that's the case, he'll improve their first choice 23.

Not sure why we're not on to Betts to be honest. Will be solid at worst I think. I think we must have seen something in this guy to try him but Betts belongs here.

Not sure why we're not on to Betts to be honest. Will be solid at worst I think. I think we must have seen something in this guy to try him but Betts belongs here.

Betts is happy at Tigers let him be.
I mean you where the ones who told him to go anyway.

Betts is happy at Tigers let him be.
I mean you where the ones who told him to go anyway.
Moses wandered in the desert for 40 years and God killed him for disrespecting a rock.
Ben Betts will have to come home to ever be an international or I'll beat him over the head with a rock for 40 years.

Fat lad, didn't do anything worth mentioning for the u20's... knows where his bread is buttered... and boy, is it obvious he likes his dairy.
Yeah, He's not very good.
We always give youth a shot when they're good enough, I can't remember the last time a good young player slipped through the net tbh. I mean plenty have moved on, but not many have moved on for more game time and been better elsewhere. Simon McIntyre the only one that springs to mind and that was like 2011 or something.

Moses wandered in the desert for 40 years and God killed him for disrespecting a rock.
Ben Betts will have to come home to ever be an international or I'll beat him over the head with a rock for 40 years.

He will be another Geordan Murphy for us.......

Latest posts