• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Sad for world rugby that two of the traditional big four cannot hold on to their best players.

Tom Croft retires :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
One of my favourite ever Tigers player.

12 years at the club manged to get 173 caps despite injuries. Not many players with his loyalty left in the sport.

Tom Croft retires :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
One of my favourite ever Tigers player.

12 years at the club manged to get 173 caps despite injuries. Not many players with his loyalty left in the sport.

Very sad it had to end like this but the past 2-3 years have been a struggle for him. Free's up the cap space for Steve Mafi's return.

I could never figure out what a player like ROG saw in Racing and why move to the rugby anonymity of Paris when you're from Munster. Racing is a glorified retirement home for over the hill players. I'm sure Crusaders will provide him with a far more exciting challenge.

I could never figure out what a player like ROG saw in Racing and why move to the rugby anonymity of Paris when you're from Munster. Racing is a glorified retirement home for over the hill players. I'm sure Crusaders will provide him with a far more exciting challenge.

I can think of 1 reson £££££££££££££££ (Or euros)

Oi Oi Oi! Two years in Canterbury > become a rugby genius > Coach Munster for two years > Two consecutive runners up spots in the Pro 14 and ERCC > Assist Jono and Lanc in retaining the RWC in 2023 > Coach for two years but clearly wane > Be replaced by JSex again > Go back to Munster and be mediocre! It'll be beautiful!

George North back to Wales for start of next season confirmed on a dual contract...

Have the WRU taken full control of the Dragons? Could easily see him move there if so as the WRU and Warren Gatland can exert more control on his game time.
See more as Scarlets been hit and miss with Saints and in fairness glad it frees up a good budget along with Foden to France if true for a few more exciting back 3.
T N Williams would be my pick.
I think for GN back to Wales on going head and other injury issues good move all around.
Not gutted as Saints fan.

Have the WRU taken full control of the Dragons? Could easily see him move there if so as the WRU and Warren Gatland can exert more control on his game time.

Yup. They also look likely to sign Moriarty, so could certainly see North going as well. Jackman said he wanted yo bring in 12 international quality players....

Pivac seems to be distancing the Scarlets a little from the likes of Moriarty and North stating that international call ups are hitting them too hard as it is, and they'll be pursuing overseas signings that will be available all year round. Although if Moriarty and North are keen...

Important to remember that North is still just 25. Some players are still viewed as youngsters with 'potential' at his age, yet he has 70 caps and 2 lions tours under his belt! Given proper management and a gameplan/coaches we can get the best out of him, his best years could easily still be ahead of him. In that regards, Scarlets make sense, Stephen Jones is just the coach to breathe new life into him.

Jake Heenan leaving Galway at the end of the season... Coincidence that he leaves the city at the same time I do? Have you ever seen us in the same room I ask!

Potentially class player ruined by injury. Shame. Could have a good career elsewhere if he's injury free.

North and Moriaty signing for the Dragons would be a statement and would improve the team. However their biggest problem is their depth. After a few injuries and call ups the team starts to look a little poor, especially the bench. Signing a few more decent foreign players like Kirchner (who got injured straight away) would help them a lot more than atwo marquee Wales signings that only play 16 games a season.

I can think of 1 reson £££££££££££££££ (Or euros)

It's just that Racing are not really a rugby club. They're the plastic version of one. The showbiz end of pro rugby. Emphasis on end.

Their president is swiss and their new stadium has been described as 'not a rugby stadium but more a concert hall' by same president. Says it all.
Mind you if Zebo, Lambey and Russell want peace for themselves and a gentle slide into rugby anonymity, they're in the right club for it.

Latest posts