• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

It's just that Racing are not really a rugby club. They're the plastic version of one. The showbiz end of pro rugby. Emphasis on end.

Their president is swiss and their new stadium has been described as 'not a rugby stadium but more a concert hall' by same president. Says it all.
Mind you if Zebo, Lambey and Russell want peace for themselves and a gentle slide into rugby anonymity, they're in the right club for it.

OoOoOoOoOoO I LIKE THIS.

what Racing should do to get fans in their new stadium is have a concert the day before a game. Then close the doors when the concert fans are in until the game starts. Presto, they have fans!

I've had a serious dislike for Racing for a while now. Having been incredibly excited to see Dan Carter in Stadium Municipal on Easter Sunday this year it was so clear that he, and his teammates didn't give a ****! ROG escaping is fantastic. Zeebs shouldn't be throwing the IRFU shade on twitter for not picking him because he's taking a pension to play for a club that are happy with mid table finishes, you can make money and play for fans who love rugby in plenty of places in the South West!

Yeah I can understand someone moving for financial security, but there's a reason Racing have to be the highest bidder to attract players. Have a lot of respect for the class they showed in the wake of Foley's death, but they just throw money willy nilly at formerly World Class players. Want a guide on how to sign intelligently and build a top team with money, look at Saracens (try to avoid the urge to vomit). They bring in some guys I would call sleepers (Strettle to an extent, Wyles, Taylor), invest in the academy and then sign a few big names on top.

Talk is ROG is wanting the England job.

He heard Eddie Jones remarks about coaches needing to go overseas more so is going to the SH for a bit.

/s

Talk is ROG is wanting the England job.

He heard Eddie Jones remarks about coaches needing to go overseas more so is going to the SH for a bit.

/s
252.jpg

Could be awkward..........

Yeah I can understand someone moving for financial security, but there's a reason Racing have to be the highest bidder to attract players. Have a lot of respect for the class they showed in the wake of Foley's death, but they just throw money willy nilly at formerly World Class players. Want a guide on how to sign intelligently and build a top team with money, look at Saracens (try to avoid the urge to vomit). They bring in some guys I would call sleepers (Strettle to an extent, Wyles, Taylor), invest in the academy and then sign a few big names on top.

Money is all they have. Nyanga and Johnston left Toulouse not because they really wanted Racing. They left because Toulouse wouldn't agree to pay them more money. And we were dead right.

Racing are doing the opposite. They're paying above market value for players leftover. They are clueless.

Lorenzetti has admitted with the opening of their toy stadium that he had come to the end of the current 'economic model' i.e. he wants the stadium to eventually pay for itself and he no longer wants to dip in his pocket. The penny is finally starting to drop Jacky...

why on earths he done that haha?!
Is it so North fits in at Scarlets 're cash.I personally don't follow Welsh provinces but seems a fair guess.
Been very good or bad here at saints but a good move for ours and certainly health wise for North.

New deal for Launch at the pests.

Wonder if the Tigers offer rumours were true or not.

Tyrese Johnson-Fisher ------> American Football.
First person outside of USA to be competing in the UnderArmour All-America game. (100 top HS football players).

Loss for Tigers how much I don't know, he won't be the first or the last person to rip it up at school level (His basics where still pretty raw from what I gather).

Will be interesting to see how he does and doing now is certainly the best move for him.
Should suit Running Back once he learns the right move.

His hype was prob a bit much considering the level it was though.

Could see a lot more following him at this age though in the future.

Tyrese Johnson-Fisher ------> American Football.
First person outside of USA to be competing in the UnderArmour All-America game. (100 top HS football players).

Loss for Tigers how much I don't know, he won't be the first or the last person to rip it up at school level (His basics where still pretty raw from what I gather).

Will be interesting to see how he does and doing now is certainly the best move for him.
Should suit Running Back once he learns the right move.

His hype was prob a bit much considering the level it was though.

Could see a lot more following him at this age though in the future.

Hmmm. Will be more than swimming uphill. Athletes like him are ten a penny over there and with years of understanding the game already engrained to boot.

Lawrence Okoye the GB discus record holder and a serious physical specimen tried it, bombed and ended up scrabbling around any number of franchises. Believed to have made some reasonable (not by their standards....) dosh, but a blow out on the achievement front and a total waste of talent.

Good luck to him, but odds are he'll be back with his stripy tail between his legs.

Hmmm. Will be more than swimming uphill. Athletes like him are ten a penny over there and with years of understanding the game already engrained to boot.

Lawrence Okoye the GB discus record holder and a serious physical specimen tried it, bombed and ended up scrabbling around any number of franchises. Believed to have made some reasonable (not by their standards....) dosh, but a blow out on the achievement front and a total waste of talent.

Good luck to him, but odds are he'll be back with his stripy tail between his legs.

You really can't compare him with Okoye that's ridiculous.

TJF is going up against people his own age tryin for a College spot, Okoye went straight to the NFL. Colleges are always more about raw skill, and the art of RB at that level is find a hole and run fast, Okoye was playing lineman which is a lot harder to learn esp against vets.

The two are completely different.

It's not ridiculous. Their situations are different, but the point remains. It's seriously difficult for an outsider to crack NFL via any route and what appears an exceptional talent over here just isn't over there. For instance there've been a number of running backs of Olympic sprinting standards. TJF's quick, but he's not on that sort of trajectory (52nd UK All time for the 100 as a U17, 11th for the 60 which may be more relevant, but still not stellar).

If that's his ambition, I hope he succeeds. But from having been the one to watch to beginner may be tricky for him. Be interested to know what his motivation is.

Of course it is ridiculous, how many NFL players make it to the NFL via College compared to non College? The college route as a 17/18 year old is WAAAAAAY more simpler than the route of a 22/23 year old going straight into the NFL.

TJF isn't trying to crack the NFL as a outsider he is trying to crack into college football as a outsider against people his own age, a massive difference in competition and level.

There is a handful (If that) of running backs in the NFL that could be olympic sprinters bet you would only find a couple who could get 100m PB times in the top 2500 sprinters.

Will he succeed I doubt it, but he has alot more of a chance than Okoye mainly because he will be going in at a much lower level. Much like I think okoye might have made it if he had joined a College at 18 years old and focused on NFL.

How's Alex Gray doing in the NFL?
Be interesting to see if they try and tap up anymore rugby players to fill their foreign quotas

How's Alex Gray doing in the NFL?
Be interesting to see if they try and tap up anymore rugby players to fill their foreign quotas

Think he is still at Falcons but he isn't allowed to play. They and the other NFC south teams where given an extra roster spot for a foreign player on the condition it was solely for training them and they where not allowed to play them not even in pre-season (I think).

Probably a better fit for him tbh, allows him to better focus on his athleticism.

Good luck to him.

Hard to know how Gray is doing because he's on the PS, reckon he might do OK. Hard to know how cynical of a ploy the international player spot things are though...

Latest posts