• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Reckon the hope is that Pivac can do for Wales what Cotter has done for Scotland and have Jones be the Townsend figure for after.

Reckon the hope is that Pivac can do for Wales what Cotter has done for Scotland and have Jones be the Townsend figure for after.

Somewhat... only without all the wooden spoon deciders.

Billy Burns is done for Ulster. Good signing imo, didn't see that coming

Great signing for Ulster and Burns, slightly disappointed though as this means that Owen Williams will deffo not be returning to Wales.

Hes said he wants to play for ireland and asked to be released from his contract early so he can try and break into the Ireland world cup squad

Looooooooooooooool

Hmmm, guess that says more about how far away he felt from the English set up than how keen he is to represent Ireland.

Could be wrong though...

My impression of Burns is that he's the flakiest flake to ever flake in my few viewings. Would that be accurate?

I hope he's ready for a fight with McPhillips to start, if not he might be in for a wee shock.

Don't watch a great deal of the Aviva but saw him in the Challenge Cup final against the Blues and... to be fair, he looked bloody good in the first half (along with the two glaws flankers). Second half he did drop off some but that could just as easily be due to the Blues great second half as much as anything else. Impressed by the little I have seen but having read the comments from the English guys (who clearly do watch a lot of the Aviva) that performance could've been a one off.

My impression of Burns is that he's the flakiest flake to ever flake in my few viewings. Would that be accurate?

I hope he's ready for a fight with McPhillips to start, if not he might be in for a wee shock.
I didn't see this move coming either. In fact many of us were hoping to offload Owen Williams rather than Billy, so there you go. I'm sorry to see him go as I think he'd have benefited from playing understudy to Cips. His game has been criticised as being too one-dimensional and he is rather small, but he has tremendous spirit is a very popular member of the dressing room.

IRFU and Ulster having a convo.
IRFU: "Wow it's hot isn't it"
Ulster: "Yep I'm running out of Ice Cream"
IRFU: "You know what goes great with Ice cream, Flakes"
Ulster: "Ah yes Flakes, but they make everything better TBF"
IRFU: "Wait a min I have an idea"

Also Gloucester is the king of flakey 10's.

IRFU and Ulster having a convo.
IRFU: "Wow it's hot isn't it"
Ulster: "Yep I'm running out of Ice Cream"
IRFU: "You know what goes great with Ice cream, Flakes"
Ulster: "Ah yes Flakes, but they make everything better TBF"
IRFU: "Wait a min I have an idea"

Also Gloucester is the king of flakey 10's.

Wow... that Sunwolves - Gloucester rivalry runs deep huh?

Wow... that Sunwolves - Gloucester rivalry runs deep huh?

I mean they are though.
Have some excellent Back rowers, Winger and Full backs.

But when you look at their 10's in recent times they have always been hot or cold.
Even when they finished 1st and 2nd in the league that was with Lamb who is the king of flakes.

I mean they are though.
Have some excellent Back rowers, Winger and Full backs.

But when you look at their 10's in recent times they have always been hot or cold.
Even when they finished 1st and 2nd in the league that was with Lamb who is the king of flakes.

Just playing off the fact that you're still wearing the Sunwolves... been a while now.

Latest posts