• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 1: Scotland vs. Ireland (04/02/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
6Nations.jpg

Scotland.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Ireland.png

Venue: BT Murrayfield
Time: 14:25 GMT

Tough away game first up for Ireland.
Scotland will be fired up by the words from Telfer.

Scotland have been on fire . No doubt they'll lose admirably to a below par Irish performance due a handful of missed chances. It's the Scottish way!

Aslong as Scotland keeps it simple we might actually get somewhere this year

What did Telfer write. Hard game to call as Ireland have struggled here in past. But equally had great days

I reckon losing Nel and picking Laidlaw over Price could be the difference between having a good campaign and a mediocre campaign.

Ireland by 5-10

I've been so impressed with Glasgow lately but sadly I can't see that translating into the 6N. Excuse the arrogance but I am thoroughly expecting an Irish win. Not an easy one mind, but I'm gonna say 10pts there or about. The big games for Scotland this year are Wales and France.

I've been so impressed with Glasgow lately but sadly I can't see that translating into the 6N. Excuse the arrogance but I am thoroughly expecting an Irish win. Not an easy one mind, but I'm gonna say 10pts there or about. The big games for Scotland this year are Wales and France.

Thing is Scotland won't play Glasgow style

Thing is Scotland won't play Glasgow style

They will as soon as Townsend takes charge. Laidlaw will hopefully retire from international duty when he moves to France and Price will get his chance to shine in a more Glasgow-esque national side.

They will as soon as Townsend takes charge. Laidlaw will hopefully retire from international duty when he moves to France and Price will get his chance to shine in a more Glasgow-esque national side.

Oh I've no doubt of it when Townsend is in but not this Spring

Oh I've no doubt of it when Townsend is in but not this Spring

I have nothing against Cotter but it's a problem when you have a head coach whose days are numbered and the players all know it. I don't see him making any tough decisions like dropping Laidlaw but we'll see.

I have nothing against Cotter but it's a problem when you have a head coach whose days are numbered and the players all know it. I don't see him making any tough decisions like dropping Laidlaw but we'll see.

Get what you are saying but equally he knows he's gone after so may be ruthless

There is a lot of Glasgow are going great so the Scots should do well. I don't know if I buy it, there's reason to be optimistic due to the improvement in performance last year but Glasgow have gone worse than all the other Quarter finalists in Europe bar Toulouse and arguably the Ospreys this season too.

I'm nervous about the game because a bit of rustiness against a competent team away from home will always be a challenge but I think we've improved more over the past 12 months and started in a better place too.

Sexton ruled out for Ireland. Opportunity knocks for Paddy Jackson to make the 10 shirt his own not just for this game, but from now on. He's made a good fist of it when he had his chances over the last 9 months.

Sexton ruled out for Ireland. Opportunity knocks for Paddy Jackson to make the 10 shirt his own not just for this game, but from now on. He's made a good fist of it when he had his chances over the last 9 months.

Bench is interesting now. Scannell or Keatley? Was talking Andrew Conway there. Murray has been practicing goal kicking and stood in at 10 for some plays. I suppose in case of emergency.

I know it's a small injury but serious questions on Sextons fitness and effects of 2 years on France will arise now again.

Latest posts