• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 2: Wales vs England (11/02/2017)

apart from Valley does anyone actually believe the best team lost?

I think it was a very even game in a few different ways . But I'd probably not go as far as saying the best team lost . Do agree with Dull about tarring everyone with the same brush though . I've been guilty of this before and there's nothing that annoys me more than the arrogant English tag, which imo doesn't apply to 99% of England fans ....

Also can we get some game threads up for next week . Really looking forward to hearing what you guys think about what the team might be next week ..

I don't know about this time, but dullonien seems to believe it's happened plenty of times.

Dullonien said he thought Wales had won a few times while being the poorer side, not that England had been the worse side last weekend.

Dullonien said he thought Wales had won a few times while being the poorer side, not that England had been the worse side last weekend.

Yes, that's what I said, thank you for rewriting it for me.

2012 and 2015 WC spring to mind. Last week was pretty even. The two times before Eng have dominated but the score line hasn't reflected it. If Wales can keep up the standard against the Scots , Irish and French then they'll be pretty handy. Inevitably the England performance will be their best of the comp though. Tends to fall that way.

Yes, that's what I said, thank you for rewriting it for me.

Sorry if that was rude. I took what Tallshort said to mean specifically about the Wales vs. England game this Six Nations, which Dullonien (diplomatically) didn't mention.

I'm now rewriting what I wrote when I was rewriting what you wrote when you were rewriting what Dullonien wrote, so this can probably stop now.

I think England will get the Grand Slam now, as an aside. Not positive, but surviving in the first two games and having two games and four weeks to build before Ireland has made everything seem much more positive.

Can't see us beating Ireland in Dublin all that simply, would love it to happen, but always felt that would be the toughest match, and still do. If Hask and Mako are back to starting, and BV is on the bench, that'll be hugely helpful.

It's not too unlikely for the result in Dublin to not matter (other than the ignominy of blowing another grand slam over there). If England win their next two home matches, with a bonus point against Italy, the championship could be England's regardless.

Ireland to beat France, Scotland or France to beat Wales, Wales to beat Ireland and bob's your uncle. Also works the other way around with sides losing at home but winning away.

I'd rather we weren't relying on others, have to say I don't see Ireland losing to France or Wales.

Cardiff, which will of course have an effect, but still would back Ireland.

If I could have added some sarcasm marks somehow I would. It's all a joke (just like VC is). But I cannot believe people are still talking about this game. I hues the Welsh are still stuck on trying to beat the English rather than actually being a top quality rugby team.

You should change your name to Manuel because 'you know nothing' You and your arrogant mates on here are the joke with your sanitised comments and the view that you understand the game better than top ex player pundits.

- - - Updated - - -

So let me get his straight .... despite the fact we are on a 16 match unbeaten streak you are still adamant that Wales are currently a better team than England ?

No England are currently better than Wales and the rest with the exception of NZ. What I and anyone else that has normal levels of sanity are saying is that Wales were the better team on the day, just as England were better when we beat you in the WC group or the time we beat you at Wembley with Gibb's try etc

You should change your name to Manuel because 'you know nothing' You and your arrogant mates on here are the joke with your sanitised comments and the view that you understand the game better than top ex player pundits.

- - - Updated - - -

No England are currently better than Wales and the rest with the exception of NZ. What I and anyone else that has normal levels of sanity are saying is that Wales were the better team on the day, just as England were better when we beat you in the WC group or the time we beat you at Wembley with Gibb's try etc

Fair enough then ..

Wales are favorites for that game (1.75) which I find a little surprising. I don't really expect Ireland to lose again.

Goes to show how much importance the bookies place on home advantage IMO. Interesting to see that England have gone favourites to win in Ireland, which I find hard to believe.

Random question but when is some making the round 3 ones, namely england v italy :) lost interest in wales v england, time to move on to england 23 for italy game, sure im not the only on who thinks this :)

Goes to show how much importance the bookies place on home advantage IMO. Interesting to see that England have gone favourites to win in Ireland, which I find hard to believe.

It's a strange one though, as Ireland have a good record in Cardiff (both modern day, and historically going back to the 80's or so). Since 5 Nations became 6, Ireland have won 5 out of the 8 Six Nations fixtures in Cardiff (plus one World Cup warm up fixture in 2015), only losing in 2005, 2011 and 2015.

I'm personally waiting to see how we both go this weekend before making any type of prediction, definitely winnable for both teams if they turn up.

On the topic of the Wales England game - better team won as they took their chances. Was a very even game for me for, with both teams having large periods where they were on. The Welsh lead up until the Daly try was deserved, but it's still worrying how we could not capitalize when we were on top! The most glaring was that bloody cocked up line out after Biggar's intercept :rolleyes: all that good pressure relieving work from Biggar ruined by an atrocious line out throw... England however created and took the key chance when they they needed it, which to state the bleedin' obvious is what matters in the end!

Sometimes the better team does lose , but it's what you define the better team as? You could judge it on possession and terriorty and line breaks in this particular game that edge went to Wales , or you could say the better team is the one that took their chances when it counted and that obviously went to England! It's all highly debatable I suppose in football if a team has 50 shots on goal but doesn't score and the opposition have 3 chances and score did the best team lose?. One things for sure, the most clinical team won and that was England , they have the clinical edge at the moment 16 games unbeaten is no joke.

Sometimes the better team does lose , but it's what you define the better team as? You could judge it on possession and terriorty and line breaks in this particular game that edge went to Wales , or you could say the better team is the one that took their chances when it counted and that obviously went to England! It's all highly debatable I suppose in football if a team has 50 shots on goal but doesn't score and the opposition have 3 chances and score did the best team lose?. One things for sure, the most clinical team won and that was England , they have the clinical edge at the moment 16 games unbeaten is no joke.

I'd presume, seeing as there are winners and losers, and that's what the score is for (literally determining the team that is better at playing the sport according to the laws), it's pretty clear what the definition of better is...

How were we more clinical even? We blew multiple chances, far better chances than the Daly try too.

Latest posts