• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: England vs Italy (26/02/2017)

Watson didnt have a great game but proved fit enough for the bench. Would still take him over may. He showed glimpses of what we know he can do but was for a badly losing team

Would like him on the bench against the scots next weekend.

Clifford did his fair share of tackling against Wales. In attack, it looks like he's been instructed to stand wide, so it stands to reason he's not been involved so much. I'd like to see him more involved as well but I don't think its bad as it looks.

Assuming Billy makes it back, its one of Clifford, Wood, or someone else outside the squad. I'm definitely taking Clifford over Wood and I can't think of anyone outside the squad I'd definitely root for over him.

I think Clifford is too slow of thought at the moment.
After seeing it back again I feel he was at fault for Wales' try from L Williams, by being too slow off the base of the scrum which meant both Ford and Farrell hadn't moved across as they should have.

I think Clifford is too slow of thought at the moment.
After seeing it back again I feel he was at fault for Wales' try from L Williams, by being too slow off the base of the scrum which meant both Ford and Farrell hadn't moved across as they should have.

I thought similar, but wasn't completely convinced. But it wouldn't have been the only time in that game he wasn't off the base fast enough

Watson didnt have a great game but proved fit enough for the bench. Would still take him over may. He showed glimpses of what we know he can do but was for a badly losing team

Would like him on the bench against the scots next weekend.

To be fair to Watson, he didn't get any decent ball that game at all. Bath were **** in all areas and wing is one of the places where you can't really grab a game by the scruff of the neck, they can only feed on lucky chances in those situations.

To be fair to Watson, he didn't get any decent ball that game at all. Bath were **** in all areas and wing is one of the places where you can't really grab a game by the scruff of the neck, they can only feed on lucky chances in those situations.

Agreed tbh, as long as they fade out may :) and against a tiring scotish team with the power of teo helping create space out wide he will show what he can do.

Billy Vunipola got through 72 minutes unscathed today. He and brother Mako looked good.

England's 30-man training squad:

Forwards: Jack Clifford (Harlequins), Dan Cole (Leicester), Jamie George (Saracens), Teimana Harrison (Northampton), Dylan Hartley (Northampton), James Haskell (Wasps), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Maro Itoje (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Mike Williams (Leicester), Tom Wood (Northampton).

Backs: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Danny Care (Harlequins), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Owen Farrell (Saracens), George Ford (Bath), Jonathan Joseph (Bath), Alex Lozowksi (Saracens), Jonny May (Gloucester), Jack Nowell (Exeter), Henry Slade (Exeter), Ben Te'o (Worcester), Anthony Watson (Bath), Marland Yarde (Harlequins), Ben Youngs (Leicester).

~

Shedload of back row options. Tight five to be the same as last week.

The create thread button is right there at the top of the subforum :/

To much of a newbie for that. Also, you guys always make the threads so pretty and mine will look like a bulldog chewing a wasp ;)

Latest posts