• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 3: England vs Italy (26/02/2017)

Some of the criticism of Jones here is quite lame.Its not his job to sing pretty songs to the media about how clever Italy were and how ****ed off he is with his senior players. In fact it's a sign of how little we expect from coaches that we expect them to stand there and reveal exactly what everyone's feeling in the camp. Managing the media is a key competency of the head coach and you're doing a pretty ****ty job if you always say what you're really thinking.

Make no mistake Jones will be studying Haskell and Farrell very closely in the coming games to see whether either have what it takes to take over from Hartley, whose days IMO are extremely numbered.

That's spot on mate . I was really disappointed to read through all the crap on here from some Welsh, Irish and Scottish supporters . I'm really fed up with the boring interviews you get from players and coaches that are told what to say before the get interviewed . As some have said on here Eddie will be far more annoyed with his own players than with COS but I also don't want to see this tactic being used over and over it would completely spoil Rugby imo . I'm sure most can agree running fluent rugby is what we want to see not this trash although also as some have said if England had have thought on their feet it wouldn't have happened . NZ certainly wouldn't have messed around for so long working it out ....

Whilst we have come a long long way in the last 16 months Sunday proved we have a long way to go imo

Still believe we have the players to beat anyone in the six nations and I'm fairly sure if England beat Scotland and Wales beat Ireland in a fortnight we will win the six nations again for a second year in a row before the last weekend .....

We pretty much had sussed after 20 minutes. We just played like crap.

I was really disappointed to read through all the crap on here from some Welsh, Irish and Scottish supporters .

Boo Hoo! Have you read some of the negativity when anyone except England win or play well? Its a public forum with no borders. If you can't take it get outta the kitchen lol!

- - - Updated - - -

We pretty much had sussed after 20 minutes. We just played like crap.

Really? lol

That's spot on mate . I was really disappointed to read through all the crap on here from some Welsh, Irish and Scottish supporters . I'm really fed up with the boring interviews you get from players and coaches that are told what to say before the get interviewed . .....

A couple of weeks ago Jim Telfer was labelled a mouthy moron/idiot by several English supporters on here for giving an honest account of his experience of playing at Twickenham. I agree it's refreshing to hear honest responses from players and coaches but let's appreciate the honesty across the board rather than being selective depending on who the interviewee is.

A couple of weeks ago Jim Telfer was labelled a mouthy moron/idiot by several English supporters on here for giving an honest account of his experience of playing at Twickenham. I agree it's refreshing to hear honest responses from players and coaches but let's appreciate the honesty across the board rather than being selective depending on who the interviewee is.

Jim Telfer gets stick not because of his comments about Twickenham but because of his history of making hypocritical, unfair, pointless and uninformed diatribes about England in the lead up to matches between the two countries..wait, did I just say 'diatribe?' His comments are nowhere near as well thought out as that implies.

Still believe we have the players to beat anyone in the six nations and I'm fairly sure if England beat Scotland and Wales beat Ireland in a fortnight we will win the six nations again for a second year in a row before the last weekend .....

Assuming those results, it's virtually a mathematical certainty isn't it?

Ireland could get two losing bonus points and we just get a win to make it interesting but....

Boo Hoo! Have you read some of the negativity when anyone except England win or play well? Its a public forum with no borders. If you can't take it get outta the kitchen lol!

- - - Updated - - -

Really? lol

And here ladies and gentlemen we have one of the "some" .....

Assuming those results, it's virtually a mathematical certainty isn't it?

Ireland could get two losing bonus points and we just get a win to make it interesting but....

Yeah assuming those results England are on 17-18 points and Ireland are on 10-12. Ireland scoring 4 tries and still losing seems practically impossible though.

While I'm playing around with the table it's actually still possible for Wales to win

Wales beat Ireland (try BP, no losing BP)
Scotland beat England (no try BP)
France/Italy whatever
Italy beat Scotland (no try BP)
Wales beat France (try BP)
Ireland beat England (no BP)

Table has
Wales 15
Ireland 14
England max 14
Scotland max 14
France max 11
Italy max 6

That's spot on mate . I was really disappointed to read through all the crap on here from some Welsh, Irish and Scottish supporters . I'm really fed up with the boring interviews you get from players and coaches that are told what to say before the get interviewed . As some have said on here Eddie will be far more annoyed with his own players than with COS but I also don't want to see this tactic being used over and over it would completely spoil Rugby imo . I'm sure most can agree running fluent rugby is what we want to see not this trash although also as some have said if England had have thought on their feet it wouldn't have happened . NZ certainly wouldn't have messed around for so long working it out ....

Whilst we have come a long long way in the last 16 months Sunday proved we have a long way to go imo

He can give an honest appraisal without being obnoxious and obtuse.

I don't think there's great method in it either. He's just a horrible little Aussie who likes to run his mouth. If he wasn't a successful rugby coach he'd still be a horrible little Aussie who likes to run his mouth.

Eddie would be loving how irrate the other home nations fans are getting if he was on this forum!

I don't think there's great method in it either. He's just a horrible little Aussie who likes to run his mouth. If he wasn't a successful rugby coach he'd still be a horrible little Aussie who likes to run his mouth.

But he's always been like that . I don't get why everyone is going so crazy about it this time .....

I don't doubt he revels in trolling people... but I'm equally confident he does it with purpose.

I don't doubt he revels in trolling people... but I'm equally confident he does it with purpose.

It's backfired this time though, the person to go at would have been Poite if anyone, calls of CO' S ruining rugby looks petulant and it's highlighted Haskell's and Hartley's flaws during the game. Care came out and criticised O'Shea too which is hilarious after the tactics O'Shea employed gives him the 21 jersey at best for the rest of his career!

Going after a coach with a fraction of the resources you have after a game you won by 20 points and 6 tries does not draw attention away from England but rather towards then, he could easily have let his coaching team take the blame in public and roast his players in private. I think there's method to it half the time but a lot of it is just ego flexing.

I wouldn't say it's backfired? if anything it's the opposite of that, it's worked. He doesn't care what you or I or the media think as long as he wins games. All the focus has been on this ruck play rather then the poor performance. I get it, why pretty much every non English fan hates his guts. I can imagine it being infuriating someone winning and on occasions not being very gracious. No one can be objective on Eddie Jones, were gonna defend your gonna hate.

I don't know how you can say this backfired.

He's only responsible towards his players and the rfu. Both are happy he won. His players are happy that even though they were boneheaded he has their back. They all know they screwed up, and jones has probably naden it clear he wasn't happy. But to the public, he's taking the blame away from them.

It's obviously working cause everyone throwing a hissy fit about his comments and not going after the players.

I wouldn't say it's backfired? if anything it's the opposite of that, it's worked. He doesn't care what you or I or the media think as long as he wins games. All the focus has been on this ruck play rather then the poor performance. I get it, why pretty much every non English fan hates his guts. I can imagine it being infuriating someone winning and on occasions not being very gracious. No one can be objective on Eddie Jones, were gonna defend your gonna hate.

But Hartley and Haskell are being criticised and his team's 1st half failure to adapt highlighted... That was a time when he needed to take blame himself if he wants attention drawn from his players, his ego wouldn't let him.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how you can say this backfired.

He's only responsible towards his players and the rfu. Both are happy he won. His players are happy that even though they were boneheaded he has their back. They all know they screwed up, and jones has probably naden it clear he wasn't happy. But to the public, he's taking the blame away from them.

It's obviously working cause everyone throwing a hissy fit about his comments and not going after the players.

That's not true though, people are laughing at his comments because his team were shot in the first half.

thats not the point. It's all about showing the players that he has their back.

Additionally, the press talking about him has diverted some of the negative press from the players to him.

Circa 10 pages of folks upset at Eddie spouting his mouth.

Job jobbed.

But he's always been like that . I don't get why everyone is going so crazy about it this time .....

I know he has. I don't care that he's England coach, i'm just giving my opinion of the man. He could be Irish coach and i'd still have the same opinion.

Latest posts