• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: England vs Scotland (12/03/2017)

Bruce_ma gooshvili

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Scotland
Club or Nation
Georgia
[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: England vs Scotland (11/03/2017)

6Nations.jpg

England.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Scotland.png

Venue: Twickenham
Time: 16:00 GMT

- - - Updated - - -

England: 15 Mike Brown, 14 Jack Nowell, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Owen Farrell, 11 Elliot Daly, 10 George Ford, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Nathan Hughes, 7 James Haskell, 6 Maro Itoje, 5 Courtney Lawes, 4 Joe Launchbury, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Dylan Hartley (c), 1 Joe Marler
Replacements: 16 Jamie George, 17 Mako Vunipola, 18 Kyle Sinckler, 19 Tom Wood, 20 Billy Vunipola, 21 Danny Care, 22 Ben Te'o, 23 Anthony Watson

Scotland: 15 Stuart Hogg, 14 Tommy Seymour, 13 Huw Jones, 12 Alex Dunbar, 11 Tim Visser, 10 Finn Russell, 9 Ali Price, 8 Ryan Wilson, 7 Hamish Watson, 6 John Barclay (c), 5 Jonny Gray, 4 Richie Gray, 3 Zander Fagerson, 2 Fraser Brown, 1 Gordon Reid
Replacements: 16 Ross Ford, 17 Allan Dell, 18 Simon Berghan, 19 Tim Swinson, 20 Cornell Du Preez, 21 Henry Pyrgos, 22 Duncan Weir, 23 Mark Bennett

I predicted a big win for Scotland over Wales, but I think the run ends here. Wales didn't have the pack to subdue the Scots and limit their chances, but England do. I expect Eddie Jones to continue his masterstroke of winning the competition with the bare minimum quality of performances whilst ensuring that all his players are kept nice and healthy by completely falling out of Lions contention! The man is a genius!

Last edited:
See, you've got badges, aligned in the centre of the post. Good opening post. I could never create such beauty :)

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, looking forward to this. Predicting a fierce battle between these teams. England will play probably their best game of the championship but I still think it will only be a score in it. I have a feeling it will be a high scoring game, with both teams having their moments to dominate. No idea why I think that, just a feeling. 32-26 to England.

Can't wait!

If England are going to win this we really need to raise our game. 16 wins on the bounce is great but it doesnt happen very often for a reason. I can see Scotland winning on Saturday

If England are going to win this we really need to raise our game. 16 wins on the bounce is great but it doesnt happen very often for a reason. I can see Scotland winning on Saturday

Same here tbh . Although I think Scotland are fairly in consistent and injuries to Hardie and Barclay won't help them even if they do have Hamish Watson . Thought Barclay was brilliant last game

It's 17 on the bounce so far isn't it? Uruguay, 5 win 2016 6Ns, Wales again, 3 v Australia, then 4 in the Autumn, 3 so far in the 2017 6Ns. So this is to tie the ABs record of 18. If that happens then Ireland away to break it.

It's 17 on the bounce so far isn't it? Uruguay, 5 win 2016 6Ns, Wales again, 3 v Australia, then 4 in the Autumn, 3 so far in the 2017 6Ns. So this is to tie the ABs record of 18. If that happens then Ireland away to break it.

OK its 17 but that's a lot of games to go unbeaten, I feel the steam is going out of this England team and other teams as you would expect are learning how to make life difficult for us. I don't see us getting the Grand Slam this year, we will loose at least 1 of our next 2 games.

OK its 17 but that's a lot of games to go unbeaten, I feel the steam is going out of this England team and other teams as you would expect are learning how to make life difficult for us. I don't see us getting the Grand Slam this year, we will loose at least 1 of our next 2 games.

Yep, every winning run comes to an end eventually. England have not played well so far, but with the Vunipolas coming back I feel more confident. Still, having said that Scotland will relish ending the run and also their dire record at Twickenham. According to Wiki they haven't beaten England there since 1983.

On current performances, Ireland just need to turn up and be vaguely physical to beat us. I hope we have enough to see off this Scotland side which is far from its best Imo

Same here tbh . Although I think Scotland are fairly in consistent and injuries to Hardie and Barclay won't help them even if they do have Hamish Watson . Thought Barclay was brilliant last game

I know Hardie is out but is Barclay out too?

Mako getting another game in is good and Billy coming back in will be big even if it's off the bench. Hopefully this raises Hughes performance if and when he starts.

Maybe you meant Hardie and Strauss? Think Barclay is set to captain the side again.

TBH Watson is miles ahead of Hardie IMO.

Great at turning over ball and has the incredible knack of getting back on his feet quickly after taking a hit from 2-3 players while carrying and being able to gain a further 5-8 metres.

My prediction; the light is going to come on, and this England team that has been showing poor form, but has still continued to string wins together, will put it all together and belt Scotland back over Hadrians wall.
It won't be Scotland's fault, they are depleted in their ranks and playing away from home in the chamber of hate. They will still play bravely but...
It's just that England haven't played much as a team, rather they have played as individuals. If they can put together a team performance, and I think the time is ripe for England to produce that, Scotland will be haggis by the time the final whistle comes about.

England played **** against the physicality of France and won.
England played **** against the intensity of Wales and won.
England played **** against the ingenuity of Italy and won.

I almost suspect that the Scottish fans hope that England don't play **** as it seems to be some sort of weird winning strategy that no one has worked out how to counter.

My prediction; the light is going to come on, and this England team that has been showing poor form, but has still continued to string wins together, will put it all together and belt Scotland back over Hadrians wall.
It won't be Scotland's fault, they are depleted in their ranks and playing away from home in the chamber of hate. They will still play bravely but...
It's just that England haven't played much as a team, rather they have played as individuals. If they can put together a team performance, and I think the time is ripe for England to produce that, Scotland will be haggis by the time the final whistle comes about.

Hadrian's wall & haggis - are you going for stereotypical post of the year? You missed 'Donald far's your Calcutta cup' :cool:

More worried about the scots than the Irish.... Scotland game plan is more suited against england and much more dangerous in attack if they get going , whereas the physicality of the Irish we should be able to match up.

Even if we just manage to beat the scots that will be a fantastic aheivment - Grand Slam followed by a world record wining streak....Happy Days!

Scotland should win this one fairly handy.

Betfair are offering every alternative handicap you can think of,fill your boots.

Scotland's handicap seems too large to me so I'll be backing Scotland on that and be having a little nibble on Scotland halftime, England full time.

England played **** against the physicality of France and won.
England played **** against the intensity of Wales and won.
England played **** against the ingenuity of Italy and won.

I almost suspect that the Scottish fans hope that England don't play **** as it seems to be some sort of weird winning strategy that no one has worked out how to counter.

Unfortunately the truth is less simple - we weren't actually terrible in the first two games, we just weren't that great. But we can't claim we don't know why we played badly - we were under pressure.

Latest posts