• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: England vs Scotland (12/03/2017)

More worried about the scots than the Irish.... Scotland game plan is more suited against england and much more dangerous in attack if they get going , whereas the physicality of the Irish we should be able to match up.

Even if we just manage to beat the scots that will be a fantastic aheivment - Grand Slam followed by a world record wining streak....Happy Days!

Lololololololololol. Look at the results in Dublin since Joe took over, its Scotland at home, if you lose this it would be disastrous, you have the ability to beat the ****e out of the Scots, not this Ireland side though.

Unfortunately the truth is less simple - we weren't actually terrible in the first two games, we just weren't that great.

I admit it was a tongue in cheek, but I feel there were also a lot of unforced errors across the three games that made life much more difficult than it needed to be. The penalty count seemed crazily high too, with too many being silly rather than forced.

More worried about the scots than the Irish.... Scotland game plan is more suited against england and much more dangerous in attack if they get going , whereas the physicality of the Irish we should be able to match up.

Even if we just manage to beat the scots that will be a fantastic aheivment - Grand Slam followed by a world record wining streak....Happy Days!

Yeah me too. Scotland are on a different level this year to normal. We have played and beaten this Irish side before but the Scots offer something a bit different than we are used too. Much better back 3 and a more mobile pack which we saw when they beat the Irish.

I don't get all this Scotland fear. Yes they are playing well, yes it will be a closer game than usual between the 2 sides.

However, I remember back around 2009 or 2011 when Scotland came to Twickenham being hyped up, and we put 20-30 points on them.

I must have watched a different game to others when the Scots went to Paris a couple of weeks ago. I really felt they got off lightly. The score was kept close due to Scotland's efficiency to convert chances. They were under the cosh for so much of the game and on another day would have lost by a further 10-20 points and won easily.

I think this game will be close, although I think we win and if we really put on a performance we will win comfortably. That's a big if though. If we don't, it will be a scraped victory.

Last edited:
Largely agree, the 50/50 call on the Lamerat try that went Scotland's way comes to mind

England played **** against the physicality of France and won.
England played **** against the intensity of Wales and won.
England played **** against the ingenuity of Italy and won.

I almost suspect that the Scottish fans hope that England don't play **** as it seems to be some sort of weird winning strategy that no one has worked out how to counter.

We lul them into a false sense of security and then pinch it at the end. I hope Jones points out some of the illegal play Scotland have been doing at the breakdown. If they give away as many penalties against England as they did against France, I think we will punish them more. How they didn't get a yellow in that game boggles the mind, not even a warning for 4 offenses in 2 minutes.

Last edited:
It will be won and lost in the air, England's exit strategy is very similar to the irish exit strategy, box kick, chase and retrieve, youngs will have to be accurate because if you give hogg an inch of space he will punish you

Lololololololololol. Look at the results in Dublin since Joe took over, its Scotland at home, if you lose this it would be disastrous, you have the ability to beat the ****e out of the Scots, not this Ireland side though.

Well to be fair they beat you so if we beat them on a general scale, England vs Ireland should be the easier game ;)

also someone needs to teach hughes to jackal, his jackal is more like a sloth at the moment

For when the Scots start talking about sending England home again when they are playing at Twickers

attachment.php

Attachments

• dara_laughing_1.jpg
    dara_laughing_1.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 115

You should work for the media with comments like that :)

A loss wouldn't be great (obviously) but I don't see that it would be disastrous - we have to lose sometime and would that mean all the progress is lost? No, it'd be a timely wake up call and I suspect it would make the Ireland game that bit more interesting.

I just don't see Scotland being able to pull this off , they go tjere with a lot of confidence but their 2 wins have come in home soil , England won't be as bad as they played against Italy and even we were on top in the first half up atmurrayfield , England are a 80min team though so Scotland won't get the breaks that they did against us, I can see England dominating up front too, England by 10

You should work for the media with comments like that :)

A loss wouldn't be great (obviously) but I don't see that it would be disastrous - we have to lose sometime and would that mean all the progress is lost? No, it'd be a timely wake up call and I suspect it would make the Ireland game that bit more interesting.

A team who have won 17 on the trot getting beat in a fixture they haven't lost in over 30 years would be a disastrous result! It wouldn't mean progress is lost, just that you haven't progressed nearly as much as it appears, teams with RWC aspirations shouldn't lose at home and definitely not to anyone ranked below them.

This thread is already turning into a Eng v Ireland thread. Both sets of fans doing their best to wind up the other. Its a little passive aggressive. Also a lot of pre match rubbish just to enhance the 'I told you so' argument that they hope will be true in a few weeks time. Both sets of fans.

ENGLAND V SCOTLAND is this Saturday, it's going to be a fantastic game of Rugby between a good England team that are unbeaten but are hardly playing well against an improved Scotland team, playing well with a couple of 6N standout performers so far. Don't forget, Glasgow provide the bulk of this team and they are doing fantastically well at the moment.

Should be bloody close! Can't wait!

A team who have won 17 on the trot getting beat in a fixture they haven't lost in over 30 years would be a disastrous result! It wouldn't mean progress is lost, just that you haven't progressed nearly as much as it appears, teams with RWC aspirations shouldn't lose at home and definitely not to anyone ranked below them.

It wasn't exactly disastrous for Ireland though ...

This thread is already turning into a Eng v Ireland thread. Both sets of fans doing their best to wind up the other. Its a little passive aggressive. Also a lot of pre match rubbish just to enhance the 'I told you so' argument that they hope will be true in a few weeks time. Both sets of fans.

ENGLAND V SCOTLAND is this Saturday, it's going to be a fantastic game of Rugby between a good England team that are unbeaten but are hardly playing well against an improved Scotland team, playing well with a couple of 6N standout performers so far. Don't forget, Glasgow provide the bulk of this team and they are doing fantastically well at the moment.

Should be bloody close! Can't wait!

Couldn't agree more - it's truly pathetic. This is one of the worst sports forums I have ever seen. Many on here are only willing to have a constructive exchange with their cronies or engage in petty immature bickering with anyone else who dares to have a different point of view.

Thank you and goodnight.

Venue: Twickenham Stadium, London Date: Saturday, 11 March Kick-off: 16:00

Dates wrong in the thread ***le. Only noticed as the Ire - Wales thread is below and that's a Friday KO (also with the wrong date)

Latest posts