• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: Wales v Ireland (11/02/2017)

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
6Nations.jpg

Wales.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Ireland.png

Venue: Principality Stadium
Time: 20:00 GMT

Friday, 10 March Kick-off: 20:05

Dates wrong in the thread ***le, was wrong on the Englad-Scotland thread to. I think we are all a day ahead of ourselves :) Enjoy your Friday night !

Remember with great power comes great responsibility

If Tigs is the benchmark your alreaady above

From Planet Rugby

"Ireland to have most of the possession and territory but due to their incredibly predictable and dull attack the game will remain tight.

Wales to make at least 120+ tackles. Ireland to spend at least two spells (of several minutes each) in the Welsh 22, hammering away furiously but getting nothing. Wales, with f**k all possession to score at least one try out of nothing.

It'll be close and possibly controversial. Wales to win. Everyone will be deeply unsatisfied."

This is exactly how I feel it's gonna happen

This forum is basically running like that weird pit prison from the Dark Knight where we're more or less left to our own devices, but nobody seems to be killing each other and we have a semblance of civility.

This forum is basically running like that weird pit prison from the Dark Knight where we're more or less left to our own devices, but nobody seems to be killing each other and we have a semblance of civility.

You were merely trained in the dark, I was born in the dark moulded by it

From Planet Rugby

"Ireland to have most of the possession and territory but due to their incredibly predictable and dull attack the game will remain tight.

Wales to make at least 120+ tackles. Ireland to spend at least two spells (of several minutes each) in the Welsh 22, hammering away furiously but getting nothing. Wales, with f**k all possession to score at least one try out of nothing.

It'll be close and possibly controversial. Wales to win. Everyone will be deeply unsatisfied."

Predictable and dull but it can be very effective, if not for knock ons in **** weather two weeks ago we'd have run up a big score, the French would have scored with the ability to use width though as well. Wales have a narrow and equally predictable attack and are very prone to struggling against a strong kicking game. I think this is another away game that we'd have to gift to the opposition, I don't see Wales coming out and beating us if we're competent.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that is the pro12 forum, the website as a whole is more like one of those South American prisons with no guards inside, basically the same thing except guards occasionally have to kill someone for getting out of hand!

Bottom line is loose this and beat England then it an average tournament.
Win this and loose to England is a disappointing tournament.
Win last 2 games and it will be very good tournament.
Loose last 2 and it is a terrible tournament.

Off topic reading 2 wins for us mightnt be enough. If Scotland beat England and put up big score with BP vs Italy then they'd overtake us if we win last 2 games without BP

From Planet Rugby

Dull attack or not Ireland are still comfortably top scorers in this competition. They'll likely finish that way too.

Ordinarily i'd be terrified of this fixture (even more than away to England) but Wales are just lost atm. Ireland to win unusually comfortably for this game. Maybe +10.

I couldn't give 2 ****s if we get whitewashed this match , I want to see young players given the opportunity and at least an attempt of a new direction in terms of our rugby, what I can not stand again is the same old predictable crap that is 5 years past its sell by date! This match is a good opportunity to trial that , we are only playing for pride now anyway rankings went with the Scotland lost.

I couldn't give 2 ****s if we get whitewashed this match , I want to see young players given the opportunity and at least an attempt of a new direction in terms of our rugby, what I can not stand again is the same old predictable crap that is 5 years past its sell by date! This match is a good opportunity to trial that , we are only playing for pride now anyway rankings went with the Scotland lost.

Will do wonders for their confidence i'm sure.

Ireland rumoured

Kearney
Earls
Ringrose
Henshaw
Zebo
Sexton
Murray
Heaslip
O'Brien
Stander
Toner
Ryan
Furlong
Best
McGrath

Scannell
Healy
Ryan
Henderson
O'Mahony
Marmion
Jackson
Conway

Ireland rumoured

Kearney
Earls
Ringrose
Henshaw
Zebo
Sexton
Murray
Heaslip
O'Brien
Stander
Toner
Ryan
Furlong
Best
McGrath

Scannell
Healy
Ryan
Henderson
O'Mahony
Marmion
Jackson
Conway
I like that, whatever Gilroy got wrong against Italy really ****** Schmidt off, maybe to the point he won't wear green again. We need Payne back next week though.

I agree, but id have a mix, davies at 10, bigger at 12, giles on the wing, btw what has happened to hallum amos? not to sure about steff evans though, never really rated him

I like that, whatever Gilroy got wrong against Italy really ****** Schmidt off, maybe to the point he won't wear green again. We need Payne back next week though.

I think Payne would've been 23 if fit. Maybe still possibility. I have to say though (and this isn't Munster bias) if anyone deserved a cap and earned it Andrew Conway does. And he's a typical Joe Schmidt guy. A work horse that will fight for everything.
Gilroy issue confuses me. Gets a hat-trick and all of a sudden is frozen out.
The big question is if Payne returns next week do we sacrifice Ringrose or Kearney

Latest posts