• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 5: France vs Wales (18/03/2017)

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
6Nations.jpg

France.png
Versus%20Challenge.png
Wales.png

Venue: Stade de France
Time: 14:45 GMT

If Wales play like they played against Ireland (and Englnd) I reckon they'll win. Nothing scientific and technical about it, just a win!

If Wales play like they played against Ireland (and Englnd) I reckon they'll win. Nothing scientific and technical about it, just a win!

Both those games were at home, I think a significant point.

This actually could prove a really good match for a dead rubber. Both sides improving and with something to prove.

only way I can see a big win for wales is if we achieve parity in the set piece, if that happen it will be a try fest if not it will be a ropey game

Its France's unpredictability. Flashes of brilliance, but periods of rubbish.

It's a 50/50 game question is will Sam Davies have an opportunity this game ? The set piece will be important so I'd start charteris just for his disruption in line outs and maul work . Same back row with Moriarty at 8.. this would be an excellent opportunity to experiment but again i don't foresee this happening! Howlers to name an unchanged team more than likely.

It's amazing really. This has been the pattern for Wales throughout many years of Gatland as well as Howley: Be so stubborn in not making changes and eventually you WILL win a game and then everyone has to leave you alone for a little bit giving you time to lose a few more matches until the pressure comes on again, then you psych yourself up for that next big win which will give you more time to not be criticised, and things keep going round and round with the squad not going anywhere, not getting any better. Mark my words, Wales are no better a team for having beaten Ireland last weekend.

It's amazing really. This has been the pattern for Wales throughout many years of Gatland as well as Howley: Be so stubborn in not making changes and eventually you WILL win a game and then everyone has to leave you alone for a little bit giving you time to lose a few more matches until the pressure comes on again, then you psych yourself up for that next big win which will give you more time to not be criticised, and things keep going round and round with the squad not going anywhere, not getting any better. Mark my words, Wales are no better a team for having beaten Ireland last weekend.

Completely agree, I did find it funny about their comments regarding you don't become a bad team overnight. When it's the opposite for Wales, you don't become a good team because of one win. Like I said before, I never want Wales to lose... but understand changes are much more likely to happen if they finish 5th.

Completely agree, I did find it funny about their comments regarding you don't become a bad team overnight. When it's the opposite for Wales, you don't become a good team because of one win. Like I said before, I never want Wales to lose... but understand changes are much more likely to happen if they finish 5th.

Funny isn't it. You'd think those at the very top, the WRU would be saying "Hey guys, do you think its time to blood some new faces in the national team?". Obviously it isn't as simple as that.

No one is under the assumption that we are a better team for beating Ireland ! That's why we are saying it's a 50/50 game against France, everyone wants to see changes made but everyone in Wales knows it won't happen .

Both those games were at home, I think a significant point.

This actually could prove a really good match for a dead rubber. Both sides improving and with something to prove.

Potentially something riding on it too given the rankings situation.

Team unchanged - I understand why folks want new blood but can't say I'm surprised they've stuck with the same 23.

Wales beat Ireland convincingly and ran England close. THey'll be buoyed by their win and they have a good record in Paris=Confidence.

Noves said win over Italy didn't hide the issues he thought would have improved after 4 games in a row and an unprecedented number of weeks in camp. Said his side was 'wasteful'. http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/6-nations/2017/6-nations-noves-le-sait-avec-un-tel-dechet-les-bleus-nexisteront-pas-face-aux-gallois_sto6091006/story.shtml. Funny to think I'm not the only one in seeing little or no progress...

A win and he can buy himself a bit more time in the job. A loss and I honestly think it could be the beginning of the end for him when the June tour comes around.

Wales will prob play their pressure game. They strangled Ireland and shut down their backs with a huge defensive performance. Mistakes will come from the French team when under pressure. Wales can take advantage without having to create much.

Last edited:
Wales to win by 7-10 points. France have started chucking it about but that papers over their dificiencies. France will make errors when it's not on and play in areas they shouldn't and get punished for it.

Wales will be solid in defence and win by a single try and a penalty or two.

Wales beat Ireland convincingly and ran England close. THey'll be buoyed by their win and they have a good record in Paris=Confidence.

Noves said win over Italy didn't hide the issues he thought would have improved after 4 games in a row and an unprecedented number of weeks in camp. Said his side was 'wasteful'. http://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/6-nations/2017/6-nations-noves-le-sait-avec-un-tel-dechet-les-bleus-nexisteront-pas-face-aux-gallois_sto6091006/story.shtml. Funny to think I'm not the only one in seeing little or no progress...

A win and he can buy himself a bit more time in the job. A loss and I honestly think it could be the beginning of the end for him when the June tour comes around.

Wales will prob play their pressure game. They strangled Ireland and shut down their backs with a huge defensive performance. Mistakes will come from the French team when under pressure. Wales can take advantage without having to create much.

France also ran England close. We edged our luck a bit against Ireland to be fair , had Ireland executed that maul correctly the game might of swung their way! Also you beat Scotland and we were well beaten by Scots so that analysis really doesn't hold up in this game! We are both as bad as each other, I think France and Wales are in a very similar situation in the way the fans view the teams and the way we both want to "change" our style of play. Your right though , it's the same team again for Wales and we will be looking to meet you up front , we will be looking to suffocate with a big defensive performance , we ain't going there to out flair the French we don't have the players on the field or on the bench to achieve that, creative players in Wales do not get into the team just ask James hook . I think the game will be close and home advantage may swing it in your favour , France by 7

France are a decent side but they need try to offload a little less. I expect a narrow French win.

Like Scotland before them, I think Wales will struggle to get the opportunities to attack due to the French pack. The motivation to become a top 4 seed will keep this close though.

Latest posts