• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 5: South Africa v Australia (30/09/2017)

Could go either way. Even a spread could be marginal or massive in favour of either side. Depends on who turns up on the day. These two sides are like the old French. It's anybody's guess.

If the Wobblies get an early try or two the boks will collapse. If the Boks are still in it with 20 to go I think a grind might edge it for them.

Gonna throw a 10er down on the Wallabies at 2/1. Anyone else backing the Ozzies?

If you can get a bet on with Coral, place your bet with them. They're doubling profits (as a free bet) on winning bets in the outright market if any forward scores the first try.

I'm picking the Boks but certainly wouldn't bet on it. Could genuinely go either way.

If could genuinely go either way means you're calling the match as 50/50, then surely Australia are massive value and it is foolish not to be on them.

As it is, I've got £20 on SA to try to take advantage of the offer I mentioned above, I'll probably lay it off if I can get a decent match.

If could genuinely go either way means you're calling the match as 50/50, then surely Australia are massive value and it is foolish not to be on them.

As it is, I've got £20 on SA to try to take advantage of the offer I mentioned above, I'll probably lay it off if I can get a decent match.
Had no idea of the odds at the time, but I have actually now put a bet on the Aussies!

Boks have their tactics right. Wallabies unrecognisable from their poor June performances. Could be a cracker.

Had no idea of the odds at the time, but I have actually now put a bet on the Aussies!

That makes more sense, they drifted as long as 3.65 the last time I checked on Betfair. Luckily this means that I was able to lay my bet off on South Africa given my an almost free shot at double winnings if SA win. Unfortunately Folau just shot that one down, I'm certainly glad I didn't let the bet ride given the lack of penetration from SA with the lion's share of the possession that they're enjoyed so far for a 0-7 scoreline.

Great first try by the Aussies, Foley did really well to get the inside pass away. SA not earning the right to go wide ATM. Aussies bring very patient

Has to be yellow, didn't even release after Leyds was put on the floor, coupled with the head rotation

Shocking tackle by Folou, shouldn't be on the pitch! Not really sure Etzebeth should be either though, especially after Hooper asked ref to check for use of elbow.

Laughable defensive effort by Beale. What was that!?

Boks should start to ease away after that. Quite happy with the quality of this contest personally.

EDIT: Speaking of laughable defence...

Notable that the Boks are shipping more points at this stage of the game than in six of seven games that Rhule started. I guess that'll pass without comment ;)

There are some very tired looking bodies out there.

Entertaining game of rugby. Both teams are quite matched plus quite some linebreaks in open play.

Last edited:

Latest posts