• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 6: South Africa v New Zealand (07/10/2017)

I currently libe in london, bearing all the many costs that come with that, in a difficult economic environment filled with doubt about what Brexit outcome is likely to be foisted upon us by a bunch of thoroughly inept Conservative self centred kleptocrats who only seem to own an over inflated concept of their own abilities as they bumble and stumble their way toward a series of halted discussions that are paralysing the business fraternity with doubt and indecision while foodbanks multiply at an exponential rate, over 5 million children live in poverty, a dementia tax is on the horizon again, the NHS is slashed and burned, govt workers are trapped in a wage freeze lasting years, over 90 kids a day are put into foster care, 365 days of the year, the highest figure ever, and the richest people in the country are enjoying a 10% tax boreal on their earnings while the national debt has increased by £0.8 trillion during the Tory 7 year period of Austerity.
I already have a lobotomy.
Every day.
What sort of bottle are we talking about here?
WTF? Where'd that come from ?!

WTF? Where'd that come from ?!

It was inspired by the 'lobotomy' aspect of your earlier post.
In the sense that life in london can have that living on automatic in 'numb' mode feeling where you don't think about it you just do it on automatic because you're so tired from the relentless pace of the routine. The news reels spit out far more sound bytes than we can process during the ordinary course of a hectic London day. None of it is positive. It's all gloom and it just keeps coming, unfortunately the important bits are true...

I wouldn't if I was a young Kiwi, the price differential between the tube in London and the Metro in Paris is ridculous.
The overground in Paris has double decker trains and they have toilets on them, clean toilets, and you can get a seat... the overground in London is... better than it was...
A mate of mine shifted to Cornwall about 12 years ago, after 20 years of living and working in London. He was worried about the cost of parking because he was going to drive up to Kingston, and then get on the train to the tube because he had to go to central london.
The parking was £6 quid for all day. He thought that was very reasonable.
The return ticket for the train and tube was 4 times that much, and he couldn't get a seat on the tube either way. That was 6 months ago, he is still in shock about it now.

Latest posts