• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] QF2: Crusaders vs. Highlanders (22/07/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

yNiq3rv.png
910mtWQ.jpg

Venue: AMI Stadium
Time: 09:35 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

The boys are going to be firing for this, think we're pretty much at full strength too, hoping it's like 2015 where the hard road to the final will forge the guys in fire

The wheels on the Crusader wagon have been shaking a bit recently. I think they come off completely here and the Highlanders will scrape it if Ben Smith lasts the 80.

The Crusaders' new coach has done pretty much everything right this year though, if he can get them to the final it'd be a fantastic achievement.

Still think the Crusaders will win it, but this is a very rare occasion where I'll be rooting for the Landers in a NZ derby!

I'm still harboring hopes of a 3rd straight Canes home final lol.

Still think the Crusaders will win it, but this is a very rare occasion where I'll be rooting for the Landers in a NZ derby!

I'm still harboring hopes of a 3rd straight Canes home final lol.

I'm also rooting for the Landers. Wanna see if we can have both Semi's in South Africa...

The wheels on the Crusader wagon have been shaking a bit recently. I think they come off completely here and the Highlanders will scrape it if Ben Smith lasts the 80.

The Crusaders' new coach has done pretty much everything right this year though, if he can get them to the final it'd be a fantastic achievement.
The amazing thing as they didn't have their stars for the majority of the season. It's been an amazing accomplishment, for the Crusaders fans sake i hope they didn't peak too soon.

yeah, the highlanders can absolutely win this.

Its crazy that the best team in the competition this year has arguably the biggest challenge in the quarter finals. Such is this f'd up conference system...

I hope we go back and look at the lions v saders game, think they looked one dimensional, not sure we've done enough research this year on opposition

In 2015 I think we were successful because we changed between a kicking game and throwing it wide or keeping it close quite often

Also forgot we beat them in a friendly the other week, minus both teams all blacks of course but does this suggest the bench will decide things, watch out if we're in touch with 20mins to go

Last edited:
I think the Crusaders miss Crotty, not quite the same with Havili at 12.

yeah, the highlanders can absolutely win this.

Its crazy that the best team in the competition this year has arguably the biggest challenge in the quarter finals. Such is this f'd up conference system...
Totally!

Still, what a match this promises to be. THE game of the quarters......

Both teams named...

Crotty is back for the Crusaders! Havili back to 15 where he has killed it all year... very strong team!

1. Joe Moody
2. Codie Taylor
3. Owen Franks
4. Scott Barrett
5. Sam Whitelock (C)
6. Jordan Taufua
7. Matt Todd (VC)
8. Kieran Read
9. Bryn Hall
10. Richie Mo'unga
11. Seta Tamanivalu
12. Ryan Crotty (VC)
13. Jack Goodhue
14. Israel Dagg
15. David Havili

RESERVES
16. Ben Funnell
17. Wyatt Crockett
18. Michael Alaalatoa
19. Luke Romano
20. Pete Samu
21. Mitchell Drummond
22. Mitchell Hunt
23. George Bridge

Highlanders, interestingly, have gone for Buckman on the left wing to contain Tamanivalu and have opted for just 2 backs reserves, with 6 forwards...
DFIxKb4V0AE8W7-.jpg:large

Highlanders flights cancelled...flooding in the road to so driving might be touch and go...won't want to be going up on the day of the game...

It'll be near miracle if they win, but I'm still cheering for them Landers. Go boys!

How i miss this so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• British & Irish lions tour to NZL 2017.jpg
    British & Irish lions tour to NZL 2017.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 3
Pumped for this game!

It's a short flight but do you think there would be any disadvantages from travelling on the game day?

Pumped for this game!

It's a short flight but do you think there would be any disadvantages from travelling on the game day?
It's not ideal for pre match prep etc., but if anyone can deal with it it's this Landers team.

Looks very wet out there. I'm switching back to favouring the Crusaders now, by 10 points.

Latest posts