• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] QF3: Lions vs. Sharks (22/07/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

Lions.png
140520034314297450.png

Venue: Emirates Airlines Park
Time: 14:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

A lot of people will be rooting for the Sharks, but I think the Lions will win this one by at least 10.

oh yea I think the Lions will run away with it tbh, they're an absolute force at home and seem to be hitting their straps. Very daunting prospect for anyone who has to go over there.

You guys are aware that they just (literally) played in Durban and the Lions won, right?
Then again, the sharks tend to punch above their weight when they are heavy underdogs.

Both teams usually look bad in Durban. Just not a good place for running rugby. Although the Sharks really should have done better.

Someone I watched the lions vs sharks game with suggested the Sharks looked like they wanted to lose intentionally to get a better quarters spot. I got irritated with the attack on their integrity naturally but Sharks coach Robert du Preez has now said the multiple permutation might have affected the teams training performance during the week.

Either way. Lions will probably win still. I reaized this when at home the Lions still beat us comfortably. This ruined my Saturday but one thing I can say is that this weekends game will be much higher in intensity (it's a knockout match). It's at Ellis park so we will see two teams attacking each other. The Sharks have almost beaten the Lions away this year and I see no reason why if we put in the perfect performance that we can kick them out.

I'd rather play with Bosch than April at flyhalve. April had a very bad game and at stages I wanted him to just leave the field and let the rest of the 14 players do their job without his silly interference with regards to the fluidity of play .

Someone I watched the lions vs sharks game with suggested the Sharks looked like they wanted to lose intentionally to get a better quarters spot.
Excuse me, but no matter what the result was, it wouldn't have made a difference for the sharks. They were guaranteed a spot, but it was almost impossible for them not to get the 8th spot.
The lions did have an incentive to win as if they did AND if the Saders lost they would get the 1st.
Because of the above i was surprised the sharks didn't field a complete 2nd team.

I'd rather play with Bosch than April at flyhalve. April had a very bad game and at stages I wanted him to just leave the field and let the rest of the 14 players do their job without his silly interference with regards to the fluidity of play .

Got my wish. April relegated to bench. Otherwise not much changes to either teams.

15 Lwazi Mvovo, 14 Kobus van Wyk, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 S'busiso Nkosi, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Cobus Reinach, 8 Daniel du Preez, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Philip van der Walt (captain), 5 Stephan Lewies, 4 Etienne Oosthuizen, 3 Coenie Oosthuizen, 2 Chiliboy Ralepelle, 1 Thomas du Toit

I feel this is our best available team. We will give the Lions a serious go. It will not be as one sided as people are making it out. Already believing the lions have progressed to the next round. This is the beauty of sport and competition anything can happen on the day. Although it would be a fair assumption to recognize the lions as favourites.

My brain says that we will lose by less than 3 points on saturday. My heart probably is saying the same thing. Still you never know.

Like all other Canes fans I want the Sharks to win this (Saders' fans will want the Sharks to win too, they'll want an ensured home run). Think the Lions should do the business here though. Sharks will have to play out of their skins.

A great defensive effort by the Sharks so far and they took their own chance well. I still expect the Lions to click a bit at some point. Both sides making a few more errors than I'd like.

For all of you who just simply wrote of the Sharks.hah Look at them now. Any case looks like a good game so far. Missed the first bit due to traffic . Second half will be intense. Lions should still be favourites.

I'm bloody loving this game!! Looks like I'm headed to the CakeTin next weekend boys :D

Same!!! Have $300 on the Lions +19.5 too so it's really happy days here.

I hope they schedule the semi for Saturday if the Sharks do go on to win. Have a work function on Friday night that will be oh so tempting to ditch if it is on Friday.

Same!!! Have $300 on the Lions +19.5 too so it's really happy days here.

I hope they schedule the semi for Saturday if the Sharks do go on to win. Have a work function on Friday night that will be oh so tempting to ditch if it is on Friday.
Not looking good now :'(

Not looking good now :'(

Very tight, a neutral supporter would say the Lions still do it., especially with that try denied I'd normally be a neutral supporter but when the Sharks win means a home semi for us, you can't count me as neutral.

My bet looks like a sure thing though.

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

Latest posts