• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 12: Bulls vs. Highlanders (13/05/2017)

Both teams have been added to the OP.

Bulls are without Ismaiel, Potgieter and Strauss for this game due to injury.

Hanro Liebenberg will take over the captaincy.

Happy to see Ruan Steenkamp back in the line-up after recovering from injury. Hopefully he can be handful again. Snyman and Gqoboka gets a start.

What's your prediction?

Honestly? Bulls win by 4.

But if we are as dire as we were last week, then Highlanders by 20+

Since the Whitelock injury, it has changed my perspective on this game a little. Had Squire and Whitelock been fit I think the Landers would have run over the Bulls. Although I rate Dixon, Hunt, Evans and Hemopo, I just don't think that All Black quality/x factor is there without Squire or Whitelock. This should give the Bulls some confidence.

Very interesting game now and unpredictable. Good luck to the Bulls team, they have endured a tough season, I'm genuinely surprised because I thought they would be quite strong this year. I think the draw of something ridiculous like 6 away games in a row killed their momentum and confidence and they were never able to get on the front foot.

A classic mud track in Petoria..

More bad officiating as well. We threw a forward pass that went forward literally 2 metres and it was completely missed, very comical.

Last edited:
Terrible conditions and pretty average refereeing.

Highlanders just getting what they need to done with key missing players.

Really missing Ben Smith at fullback

Feketoa had a solid game and proved the difference maker.

Aaron Smith played well and brought the energy that was needed.

Cometh the hour...cometh the man!

Bloody glad I stayed up to watch the lads. They're always good for entertainment. How hard are they on the heart though!

I thought the Bulls did really well in the 2nd half and were the better team. Their kicking and pick and go play was really effective in the 2nd half. If it wasn't for that red card they would have most likely won. Can't deny how much ticker the Highlanders team has with all the injuries and coming back from losing situations.

The referee today was the touchline referee last week vs the Cheetahs. He's had two bad games in a row now.

Well played Highlanders.
This was a potential banana skin and you pulled it out of the bag in a tough environment.
Thats a sign of a team with quality.

Damn! That storm we had, really put a damper on my Saturday.

I think it helped in us being put to the sword by the Highlanders. They were the better team in the end.

Their tactical kicking was just better, and they had more chasers per kick than we did.

Just a muddy, sloppy mess.

Latest posts