• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Super Rugby] Round 13: Kings vs. Brumbies (20/05/2017)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
2hUozcT.jpg

Kings.png
1ZOgfhx.png

Venue: Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium
Time: 19:30 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Four on the bounce for the Kings? A distinct possibility. Good to see Cronje getting some plaudits at flyhalf. Planetrugby call him one of the best flyhalves in the league this year. I'm not sure about that but I think he has got to be a front runner against France given:

Lambie's health issues / lack of play
Pollard's indifferent season (regular comments here that the Bulls do better with his understudy)
Jantjies losing his buddy Faf and playing inferior as a result
Bosch being a kid.

Bottom line is I don't see many sides holding the Kings to under 25 points. That gives them every chance against a solid but very unspectacular Brumbies.

Since the Jags have a bye this round, it's mathematically possible for the Kings to overtake them and move into 4th place in the South African Group. (and the top half of the merit table)

It would take a win by 54+, which will never happen. Even if it did, it wouldn't last. (unless the Jags suffer an "unprecedented downward spiral") but it's a crazy improvement on last season - where they were 12 points short of the top 6, and had a PD of -402! (Admittedly the format does help that)

They only avoided the wooden spoon by 0 points and the tie broken by 0.5 wins - their PD was worse

6th Cheetahs -- 21 points -- PD -48 -- 4 wins - 0 draws - 11 losses
--- Force (16th) 13 points - PD -181 - 2 wins - 0 draws - 13 losses
7th Kings ------- 9 points - PD -402 - 2 wins - 0 draws - 13 losses
8th Sunwolves - 9 points - PD -334 - 1 win -- 1 draw --- 13 losses

Last edited:
A fair old sized crowd for the Kings but it wasn't to be. Brumbies the better side from start to finish but it was a brave effort from the Kings. 10-5 up I think when Cronje went off, then lose 19-10. Should effectively eliminate the Kings from the playoffs and puts the Brumbies firmly in the driving seat in Oz.

Latest posts